Empty hangers

Over the past several years, I have gotten rid of well over half of my clothing, but no hangers.
I noticed yesterday when I was putting away my clothes after doing laundry that even when almost everything is in the closet, I have far more empty hangers than occupied ones.
Has anyone else noticed this?
Or, what did you do with the excess hangers when you got rid of clothing?

This topic was edited
RE:Empty hangers

I have far more empty hangers than occupied ones.Has anyone else noticed this?Or, what did you do with the excess hangers when you got rid of clothing?

No, I have not noticed this, but then I have not been over there looking in any of your closets either. If they are metal & you have an oxy/acetylene torch you could use them as filler rod on light duty welding projects around the house. Or give them to someone who does have a torch.

This post was edited

I donate the hangers along with the clothing.
Dry cleaners also reuse their wire hangers.

This post was edited

I have far more empty hangers than occupied ones.Has anyone else noticed this?Or, what did you do with the excess hangers when you got rid of clothing?No, I have not noticed this, but then I have not been over there looking in any of your closets either.

Appreciate the joke. Have you noticed this in your own closet?

This post was edited

When I saw the title to this thread, my first thought was to connect it to low hangers and imagined that "empty hangers" must mean a bag without balls. How unfortunate.

I have lots of empty clothing hangers in my closet.

This post was edited

When I saw the title to this thread, my first thought was to connect it to low hangers and imagined that "empty hangers" must mean a bag without balls. How unfortunate.

Sort of like when I heard of Intact Insurance Company, my first thought was "I guess they don't write policies for circumcised men!

This post was edited

No foreskin --Sort of like when I heard of Intact Insurance Company, my first thought was "I guess they don't write policies for circumcised men!-- No Life Insurance.

This post was edited

No foreskin --Sort of like when I heard of Intact Insurance Company, my first thought was "I guess they don't write policies for circumcised men!-- No Life Insurance.

Actually it is an auto insurance company.

This post was edited

Decided to toss all of the wire hangers and put everything on the sturdier plastic ones.

This post was edited

We tend to use the plastic ones as they don't tend to get tangled like the wire ones. I kept a few for the wire, in the garage.

Was thinking I could try making my own C-string frame with one, but am yet to attempt that.

This post was edited

Just looked in my closet, and yes, it's full of hangers...Maybe I should put them up for adoption.....

This post was edited