RE:Undressing: it should be simple, but is it?

TM2010 wrote:

In a sense, I can somewhat relate to how the women feel, as there have been a few times at my go-to clothing-optional beach here in Seattle, which is well attended by a mix of straight, gay, bi folks, where there will be more than one man gawking at me as I undress. More than anything, I find it rather annoying/irritating.

The interesting thing about this sort of situation is that it's an example of a man experiencing what women experience all the time. And it's not only in nude beaches, but anywhere an attractive woman is in a place where men feel they have the license to stare at her.

So I can hear her saying, "Welcome to my world."

But you end up doing what women do: you power through it, do your thing, and remind yourself that if there's a problem, it's their problem and not your problem.

This post was edited

There's a significant amount of social conditioning that underpins anybody's reluctance to 'strip' in public even if they are a confessed and confident nudie.

That social conditioning for the watchers is wrapped up in the fact that humans have used stripping as a form of entertainment for thousands of years. That actual act of transition has been used to arouse, especially men, by all cultures and in all corners of the globe. It's also been given a tone of exclusivity by way of being pushed underground in more prudish times and cultures.

So when a person strips in public even some of the most regular nudies will be 'programmed' to watch.

My personal approach after many initial uncomfortable transitions is to progressively wear less to the beach and shorten the time and ease of transition. When asked I recommend this to all female friends too who are looking to join our liberated and free community!

This post was edited

nudony wrote:My problem is that I want to convey to women that my joy in seeing them in the act of undressing is based on their acceptance of nudity as a proper state of life, and not on whatever erotic undertone is there. That's why it still brings a smile to my face.

Just wanted to clarify: this is not my quote btw! Lol not a problem; I just don't want to take credit for something someone else said! :)

Ive only been to a nudist resort three times. All three times, Ive driven in naked.

In the "pro-nudist" short French movie "La Fonte des Neiges" (available somewhere...I can't find it at the moment), the movie literally begins with the "Mom" undressing while driving through to the nudist resort; and then hopping out the car already naked. It exemplified how that's a preference for some women (and a frequent one for men).
Initially, when I saw women arriving nude at the resort, I figured it was for the same reason that some men also were. "Unbridled enthusiasm". And whereas that might occasionally bet the case...it clearly wasn't for my aforementioned ex-wife. As I mentioned earlier, after trying different modes of undressing upon arriving at the resort (all of which made her feel awkward), she got into a discussion with a nudist friend - and a "trial run" - of just wearing a sarong on the way to a resort and taking it off along the way. She was "sold." Jumping out of the car naked and heading straight to check-in; and then proceeding to the pool area naked, had allowed her to "by-pass" the disrobing process.

But there were several factors that made it easy: clothing was not required to check in, the parking lot was inside the resort; and there was a long gravel road leading up to it. Many resorts are not set up the same way. At resorts where nudity is required all the way up to beyond the main office, disrobing might not be possible until within the resort itself. Unless there are private changing rooms, that's going to make it more difficult to disrobe privately.

This post was edited

My wifes method is the simple flimsy coverup removal. She gets to the pool area, usually sits on the edge of the chair & pulls her coverup up & over her head. It takes just a few seconds then its grab the floatie and into the water. The best part is her enjoying the nude time with me. YES!!!

This post was edited

woodsman21 wrote:

The interesting thing about this sort of situation is that it's an example of a man experiencing what women experience all the time.

It's funny for me as, while I may occasionally be reluctant to strip to in the presence of others I feel it's about me perhaps being too forward. As for their looking they can look as much as they like, it doesn't bother me and is perhaps a little flattering. That brings the other aspect in that I don't feel threatened by their looking when the ladies may not have that same confidence.

This post was edited

A nicely written last line. I liked it

This post was edited

I was just reading about a place where it's not illegal to be naked, but it is illegal to disrobe. Presumably you disrobe in some private place like a tent or a cabin or whatever, and then emerge naked. It's a strange world.

This post was edited

From what I have heard from female partners over the years for some women being the object of the male gaze in everyday life may be a factor.

This post was edited

I was just reading about a place where it's not illegal to be naked, but it is illegal to disrobe. Presumably you disrobe in some private place like a tent or a cabin or whatever, and then emerge naked. It's a strange world.

I have read that the law in Vermont is like that.

This post was edited

I think it was Vermont, actually. It had to do with regulations in a park where nudism is tolerated. I can't remember the name of the park, but if it's important, I'll try to trace it.

This post was edited