RE:U saw a man at a nude beach wearing a penis ring. Any thoughts?

So clotheshomefree-- what exactly is your motivation and intention here..? To shame others who don't live their life the way that you think they should..? Judgement of other nudists..? Be open- share your REAL thoughts about your intolerance of others personal choices..

Simple answer to you question you have a right to your opinion and I have right to voice mine. If you want to read it as a judgement thats up to you. I keep saying you have and those who think like you do have a right to your opinion just not to alternative facts every description and explanation of the function of cock rings is sexual. If you read the whole thread you will find my evidence for that.

I believe that the sexual nature of the cock ring makes it inappropriate in a nudist setting because it communicates the exact thing that is driving the decline of public nude spaces in the U.S. As long as people thing nudism is simply a precursor to sexual activity it will continue to be stigmatized diminished and isolated. There are those who think it is there individual right of expression to do what ever they want and call it nudism. They are free as are you to do so and I am free to call it out and offer an opposing view. It would interesting to see any evidence that this behavior and I emphasize behavior serves anything but individual self interest. If I were presented with that I would have to consider but since that is never any such evidence in those conversations (and I use the word lightly ) only diatribes and accusations of judgement I will stick you my opinion and voice it as would as you do yours. I can do tha because I am not looking to hookup with anyone or in any popularity contest here as I am a part of a thriving and enjoyable naturist community and visited several resorts and beaches

This post was edited

StevieLorna- you have every right to your opinion.. I'm not denying you that.. but respect others opinions as well. Simple as that. It's when others force their opinions onto others without hearing or listening to opposing viewpoints, that's when the problem starts.

This post was edited

clothesfreehome-- your "opinion" is more of an accusation that anyone that wears a cock ring or penis ring is wearing it for sexual pleasure. You have a right to your opinion.. no doubt, but throwing around the accusation that cock jewelry is solely for sexual purposes is high inaccurate. Do cock rings serve a purpose for sex, Yes. They help men maintain erections during sex.. but do other men wear it just as a piece of jewelry.. YES also. Do you condemn women's genital piercings and nipple piercing as well leading to the decline in nudist acceptance.. ?? How many men have you meet wearing cock rings or penis rings, socially, and asked them why they desire to wear such things..? Maybe they could educate you a bit more about it. Your emphasis on blaming men's desire for genital adornment and the decreasing of nudist acceptance holds no merit at all. Again, opinions are acceptable but judgement of others is not.

This post was edited

Imagine sexualizing jewelry. That's some peak boomer.

Ironically, much like the human body, it's only sexual if you sexualize it. Jewelry is just that, regardless of location. What of someone that has a body tattoo that connects or is around the groin area? Banned forever? Gunna have folks remove their nipple piercings? People have foot fetishes, so you shouldn't paint your toes either.

Instead of saying jewelry is sexual and projecting your own insecurities on everyone else, stop looking at someone's self-expression and sexualizing it? Mind your own damn business and let people exist.

This post was edited

StevieLorna- you have every right to your opinion.. I'm not denying you that.. but respect others opinions as well. Simple as that. It's when others force their opinions onto others without hearing or listening to opposing viewpoints, that's when the problem starts.

TN has been debating cock rings and other adornments for over a decade, Ive heard many opinions but I dont have to respect them all, no one does. Ill listen to opinion, but if I think someone is lying about their intentions I will call it out. I wont respect it.

My view has always been, what people choose to wear is their business, how I choose to interpret their reasons for doing so, is my business. When it becomes a topic for discussion we can exchange opinions

I look at it like this, explaining what naturism is to a textile is sometimes quite difficult, they have a hard time removing the sex from nudity, then a guy with so much metal at his core he creates his own gravity well walks past. Expecting them to see naturism as normal just became a hundred times more difficult.

You see it as just jewellery, other see it as you spoiling something they enjoy for your own personal gratification. But dont worry about that, naturism is dying because people wont change, (sic)

This post was edited

If we worried more about the big things in life and less about the small things this world would be a better place. If you don't like it just move on, trust me, you'll still wake up tomorrow.

This post was edited

StevieLorna wrote:

Woodsman. This is a rare and unusual woman, Id like to meet her. I dont know of any other woman who would react quite like that. I know plenty of women who would have a very different and more violent reaction to a naked man with an erection sitting close enough that the kids notice. I wonder if the father thought that it was nothing to worry about too.

I can't speak to that, because the woman was unaccompanied by another adult at that time. She had two children there.

On another thread, I said that in over two decades of visiting nude beaches and resorts Id never once seen a guy with an erection, I remember well that you with your much longer experience also said youd never seen a guy with one.

I've never seen one at a nude beach. I've seen on on a man at a naturist resort. He was sleeping at the time.

I can well imagine that if you've been to nude beaches and resorts where erections were frowned on and discouraged, you wouldn't have seen one. But I should add that I dropped out of the nudist scene for a long time and had only sporadic contact until last year.

I assume then, that this woman was a story that was told to you rather that first hand experience.

In this case, it was a woman telling the story to me. We met at a folk festival in 2013, swimming in the clothing-optional part of the river adjacent to the festival grounds. (This was one of those sporadic times.) I can't remember how the subject came up, but I gathered that the incident she was talking about occurred at one of the three or four nude beaches here in Northern California, and that the man in question was just walking along the beach or talking with friends, and not calling attention to his condition in any way. Had it been otherwise, I doubt that she would have reacted to it in the same way.

This post was edited

Instead of saying jewelry is sexual and projecting your own insecurities on everyone else, stop looking at someone's self-expression and sexualizing it? Mind your own damn business and let people exist.
I am minding my business I shared my opinion the fact that you dont like it wont change that neither will you conflation of not sexualizing the whole human body which is a container for a whole person human being and sexualizing a body part that has a sexual function with a sexual device that has a sexual function. And through stupid boomer comments into that to suggest this is about age. Have you noticed how many old guys on this site profess to very genital jewelry.

Oh by the what exactly is it that you ex pressing with your com ring wearing that I am stifling by sharing my opinion? What does is say to the world that you are expressing?
Do share!

This post was edited

clothesfreehome-- your "opinion" is more of an accusation that anyone that wears a cock ring or penis ring is wearing it for sexual pleasure. You have a right to your opinion.. no doubt, but throwing around the accusation that cock jewelry is solely for sexual purposes is high inaccurate. Do cock rings serve a purpose for sex, Yes. They help men maintain erections during sex.. but do other men wear it just as a piece of jewelry.. YES also. Do you condemn women's genital piercings and nipple piercing as well leading to the decline in nudist acceptance.. ?? How many men have you meet wearing cock rings or penis rings, socially, and asked them why they desire to wear such things..? Maybe they could educate you a bit more about it. Your emphasis on blaming men's desire for genital adornment and the decreasing of nudist acceptance holds no merit at all. Again, opinions are acceptable but judgement of others is not.

Not sure if you are addressing this to me cause that is not my username but on the off chance that you are all I can say is if you receive my opinion as a accusation that on you. I only have shared facts every definition and description of the use of cock rings is as a sexual device. What you are asking me or the average person who might venture on the a nude beach and see a guy walking around with cock to do it put aside every observed pattern and description of the usage of cock rings and go ask some guy why he wears one. Really?

You whataboutism is fascinating since the thread is not about women so I will not address it.
Finally if you want the fact and references for my belief that men who sexualize social nudity you must first attempt to stop throwing around opposite opinions without any proof or references.

This post was edited

I am minding my business I shared my opinion the fact that you dont like it wont change that neither will you conflation of not sexualizing the whole human body which is a container for a whole person human being and sexualizing a body part that has a sexual function with a sexual device that has a sexual function. And through stupid boomer comments into that to suggest this is about age. Have you noticed how many old guys on this site profess to very genital jewelry.Oh by the what exactly is it that you ex pressing with your com ring wearing that I am stifling by sharing my opinion? What does is say to the world that you are expressing?Do share!

The hilarious thing about this word salad is that you're an "editor".

To answer your question, what am I expressing? About the same thing I express when I decide to wear a blue shirt instead of a red one; I like the way this looks and I choose to wear it.

I only have shared facts every definition and description of the use of cock rings is as a sexual device.

Subjective Opinion != Fact

You are so easily pressed. Can't wait for your next circular argument you'll use to try to standardize your narrow and obsolete perceptions.

This post was edited