Haulover beach tweet shows why it is important to monitor sexual behavior

This tweet from Haulover Beach twitter account show why it is important to monitor sexual behavior at clothing optional beach.Read the whole thread and see what is at stake including the loss of public clothing optional beaches.

https://twitter.com/HauloverBeachFL/status/1614018434505007105

This topic was edited
RE:Haulover beach tweet shows why it is important to monitor sexual behavior

It's unfortunate that a few lewd individuals can ruin things for everyone else. In 2013 Mazo Beach closed on weekends and in 2016 for good, citing illegal activity. Now there's no public nude space within hundreds of miles of Chicago. Whereas I don't doubt illegal activity transpired there, I also see the closure was politically motivated.

Egregious behavior is getting more common and accepted across the board as US politics becomes more partisan. It would be nice if you could get away with as much at Haulover as in Congress.

https://www.usnews.com/news/the-report/articles/2021-11-19/partisan-wars-of-words-escalate-as-lawmakers-see-rewards-for-bad-behavior

This post was edited

Adventures in missing the point Andy

This post was edited

This tweet from Haulover Beach twitter account show why it is important to monitor sexual behavior at clothing optional beach.Read the whole thread and see what is at stake including the loss of public clothing optional beaches.https://twitter.com/HauloverBeachFL/status/1614018434505007105

The problem with reporting sexual (and other bad) behavior is it's a double edged sword. Don't report it, and the problem just keeps getting worse. Too many reports, and the "shut it down" crowd gets ammunition to bolster their case that it's nothing but a drug fueled orgy going there.

John aka cobeachbum

This post was edited

The problem with reporting sexual (and other bad) behavior is it's a double edged sword. Don't report it, and the problem just keeps getting worse. Too many reports, and the "shut it down" crowd gets ammunition to bolster their case that it's nothing but an drug fueled orgy going there.John aka cobeachbum
I believe Haulover has beach ambassadors who can take such reports and make sure they are used properly.

This post was edited

The problem with reporting sexual (and other bad) behavior is it's a double edged sword. Don't report it, and the problem just keeps getting worse. Too many reports, and the "shut it down" crowd gets ammunition to bolster their case that it's nothing but an drug fueled orgy going there.John aka cobeachbumI believe Haulover has beach ambassadors who can take such reports and make sure they are used properly.

I had heard about the beach ambassadors and went on everyone's favorite place on the internet to learn things called YouTube -- ever heard of it? There is a ton of content there about what the ambassadors do to help try to maintain Haulover as a legal bare area, and some of them do it bottomless! Here's a link to a short one about some of the duties they offer the public in an attempt to keep Haulover clean, safe and family-friendly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qt9YdOgWRhY

I really appreciate what these folks are doing because confronting people who can't bother to learn the laws there can be very uncomfortable. Keeping nudists who violate the set rules in check is a full time job, though with such a major piece of property to watch over (177 acres, whew!), ambassadors cannot be everywhere all the time. I hope one day I get to experience this amazing place, if people like this group can keep the lawless-types and ignorance from ruining it.

We of the tidewater of Virginia had a non-sanctioned nude beach called Grandview for a long time, and the nature preserve/beach is still there, just not for the baring of one's body. This is only what I've heard, not what I've witnessed personally, for full disclosure. Nudism was accepted there, or more like ignored there for a long time, until bodily fluid-exchanging activities by an unsavory element brought that to a close. Some of the local residents began complaining about sexual encounters they were seeing - with the way this 2.5 mile long beach is laid out, I'm guessing the residents were being offended by watching the offensive activities through binoculars, but that's only a guess. It is always sad when a lovely place where nudists are able to sit their bare buns in the sand and enjoy a somewhat natural moment is wrecked because a horny few couldn't stop their hormones from making bad choices. So if you want to go there and be nude and connect with mother nature, nope! I may just have to thong up this spring and visit anyway.

This post was edited

NJ had several beaches in state parks where nudity was tolerated, but never officially permitted, at one time.
The state began requiring clothing at all of them in the 1990s.
I heard that the change was partly because of sexual activity in those areas.
At one of my class reunions, we had one of the rangers whose duties included enforcing the new policy and a few people he had caught violating it. No open confrontation, but obvious tension.
Are thongs allowed on beaches in VA in general?
In NJ, they generally are not.

This post was edited

This site is only available to users 18 and over and we use cookies

We use cookies for functionality, social media, and google analytics. To view our cookie policy please view Our Cookie Policy