Haulover beach tweet shows why it is important to monitor sexual behavior

This tweet from Haulover Beach twitter account show why it is important to monitor sexual behavior at clothing optional beach.Read the whole thread and see what is at stake including the loss of public clothing optional beaches.

https://twitter.com/HauloverBeachFL/status/1614018434505007105

This topic was edited
RE:Haulover beach tweet shows why it is important to monitor sexual behavior

It's unfortunate that a few lewd individuals can ruin things for everyone else. In 2013 Mazo Beach closed on weekends and in 2016 for good, citing illegal activity. Now there's no public nude space within hundreds of miles of Chicago. Whereas I don't doubt illegal activity transpired there, I also see the closure was politically motivated.

Egregious behavior is getting more common and accepted across the board as US politics becomes more partisan. It would be nice if you could get away with as much at Haulover as in Congress.

https://www.usnews.com/news/the-report/articles/2021-11-19/partisan-wars-of-words-escalate-as-lawmakers-see-rewards-for-bad-behavior

This post was edited

Adventures in missing the point Andy

This post was edited

This tweet from Haulover Beach twitter account show why it is important to monitor sexual behavior at clothing optional beach.Read the whole thread and see what is at stake including the loss of public clothing optional beaches.https://twitter.com/HauloverBeachFL/status/1614018434505007105

The problem with reporting sexual (and other bad) behavior is it's a double edged sword. Don't report it, and the problem just keeps getting worse. Too many reports, and the "shut it down" crowd gets ammunition to bolster their case that it's nothing but a drug fueled orgy going there.

John aka cobeachbum

This post was edited

The problem with reporting sexual (and other bad) behavior is it's a double edged sword. Don't report it, and the problem just keeps getting worse. Too many reports, and the "shut it down" crowd gets ammunition to bolster their case that it's nothing but an drug fueled orgy going there.John aka cobeachbum
I believe Haulover has beach ambassadors who can take such reports and make sure they are used properly.

This post was edited

NJ had several beaches in state parks where nudity was tolerated, but never officially permitted, at one time.
The state began requiring clothing at all of them in the 1990s.
I heard that the change was partly because of sexual activity in those areas.
At one of my class reunions, we had one of the rangers whose duties included enforcing the new policy and a few people he had caught violating it. No open confrontation, but obvious tension.
Are thongs allowed on beaches in VA in general?
In NJ, they generally are not.

This post was edited

Honestly, I can't speak with a voice of authority on the subject of thong-usage in Virginia. I am a resident of the fine commonwealth of Virginia. I don't know the rules, but if actual genitalia is not in view (behind a piece of fabric, no matter what size it is), I don't see how a person could get in trouble at any Va. beach. When I say trouble, I mean in legal jeopardy -- I'm not counting any Karen or Kyle who's going to videotape you in a skimpy suit and 911 a lifeguard and have them get confrontational.

Are thongs allowed on beaches in VA in general?In NJ, they generally are not.

This post was edited

Honestly, I can't speak with a voice of authority on the subject of thong-usage in Virginia. I am a resident of the fine commonwealth of Virginia. I don't know the rules, but if actual genitalia is not in view (behind a piece of fabric, no matter what size it is), I don't see how a person could get in trouble at any Va. beach. When I say trouble, I mean in legal jeopardy -- I'm not counting any Karen or Kyle who's going to videotape you in a skimpy suit and 911 a lifeguard and have them get confrontational.Are thongs allowed on beaches in VA in general?In NJ, they generally are not.

I found this online for Va. "Are thongs allowed on Virginia Beach? 06-658, 11-14-2006 Sec. -166 Public Nudity, it is illegal to expose to the view of others pubic area, pubic hair, anus, or BUTTOCKS with less than a fully opaque covering. In other words thong and similar swimsuits being worn on the beach with most or all of the buttocks being exposed are against the law."

This post was edited

There was a huge crackdown in NJ, VA and Maryland back then. There were some women who went to court to try to get bare chest equality in Maryland but they were rebuffed by the courts.

NJ had several beaches in state parks where nudity was tolerated, but never officially permitted, at one time.The state began requiring clothing at all of them in the 1990s.I heard that the change was partly because of sexual activity in those areas.At one of my class reunions, we had one of the rangers whose duties included enforcing the new policy and a few people he had caught violating it. No open confrontation, but obvious tension.Are thongs allowed on beaches in VA in general?In NJ, they generally are not.

This post was edited

There was a huge crackdown in NJ, VA and Maryland back then. There were some women who went to court to try to get bare chest equality in Maryland but they were rebuffed by the courts.NJ had several beaches in state parks where nudity was tolerated, but never officially permitted, at one time.The state began requiring clothing at all of them in the 1990s.I heard that the change was partly because of sexual activity in those areas.At one of my class reunions, we had one of the rangers whose duties included enforcing the new policy and a few people he had caught violating it. No open confrontation, but obvious tension.Are thongs allowed on beaches in VA in general?In NJ, they generally are not.

There was a proposal more recently to allow women to be topless on a less busy section of the beach in Asbury Park but there were many objections at the public hearing so it was defeated.

This post was edited