RE: Recruit younger members!

Just for giggles, I looked up the percentage on this web site. I searched for 18- 35 year olds which it returned to me 1508 of the 4140 members, which equates to 36.43%. However, of that percentage 1277 were listed as single male accounts, 151 were listed as single female accounts, and 80 were couple accounts. I submit that some of the couple accounts that are supporting the 36% are nudists because of the older partner. Of course this is international. I tried to seperate US from international in the numbers, but it doesn't seem to work, if you put any in the country field when doing a search on the nudists page you get 1509, which would infer that there is only one nudist listed as outside the US and we know that's wrong.

So my point is there are 1277 possible single males on this site versus the 151 single females, and that does not includethat there may be fake femaleaccounts. Now nudism has histoically had higher male percentages, however, only 10.96% of the 1378 single male and single female accounts are female.

I just think that such a large population of single males could possibly indicate a more sexual desire as a underlying current in the male population. Males being more visually driven in general sexual response whereas females tend to be more audibly driven.

But, for all my number crunching I could just be on pluto, even though it's no longer a planet.....

Thanks
Jerry

This post was edited
Re:

I'm 20, and while I'm kinda new to the whole nudist thing, I find it a lot of fun. But in my experience, folks around my age aren't really afraid of trying nudism/naturism, but they don't want to be idenditfied as a nudist/naturist, because there's a whole gammit of (negative) connotations that go with such an identity. I'm not exactly sure how to work with this, but this has been my experience.

This post was edited
RE:

Jerry, thanks for all the numbers. That's some great research there on your part. Sara raises a really good point in one of her posts above. She mentions that a great deal of the activities at most clubs really are geared to the older generation for the most part. As anyone knows you're only going to stick around so long if you're bored out of your mind. So the question I pose to everyone here is... What activities or facilities would you like to see offered at the ideal club? What would attract you to visit someplace for the first time?

This post was edited
RE:

I'm 20, and while I'm kinda new to the whole nudist thing, I find it a lot of fun. But in my experience, folks around my age aren't really afraid of trying nudism/naturism, but they don't want to be idenditfied as a nudist/naturist, because there's a whole gammit of (negative) connotations that go with such an identity. I'm not exactly sure how to work with this, but this has been my experience.

Another great point! That's why we all have to work together to eliminate those negative stereo-types that go along with the label of nudist. Also one more reason why us young whipper snappers as Jerry put it need to get together and help show the others the truth. That it's not a bad thing and that we aren't all sexual deviants and weirdos. One of those strange little human quirks is that we don't like to be rejected from the group and we are all scared out of our minds of being the odd one out, for the most part anyway. One of the hardest things for us to do is to bring up a subject with our friends that might lead us to rejection or ridicule. An interesting thing that I have come to find after facing that ridicule is finding out later that some of those people where actually really interested and only ridiculed me in order to protect themselves from the same ridicule. Odd and unfortunate but true.

This post was edited
RE:

I just realized that I used the word ridicule more times in one sentence than I think I have in the last year. LOL

This post was edited
RE:

I just realized that I used the word ridicule more times in one sentence than I think I have in the last year. LOL
hehe, I noticed that and I must say, that I think it's ridicule-ous :)

Anyway, to put my two PENCE worth in. (we ave real money in the UK! hehe, not that it's worth anything!)
Now being a grumpy old hippy, I am probably a bit "out of touch" these days, but as I understand it, historically, even kids that are brought up in a naturist environment, have a tendency to get all shy at the onset of puberty, and often go away from the scene, at least for a few years.
To declare yourself a Naturist / Nudist (even in the privacy of a club) requires quite a degree of self esteem and confidence, even if you were a nudist as a child, even more so for those that are completely new to it. So to my mind, it's not surprising that there is a tendency, to not get involved until their mid twenty's, when they are beginning to mature and find that self confidence. How you get past that I don't know, the weather here in the UK doesn't help either. I guess free internet access and a few Wii's laying around on the lawn would be a help, but then I could be wrong again! :(

This post was edited
RE:

I agree, maybe a few Wii's. Besides, I'd like to try one.

I don't mean to pick on Unigirl, and I hope that I am wrong, the US meadian age keeps creeping towards an expiration date. I just don't see anyone here at the resorts that don't have more grey and more wrinkles than me.....

Thanks
Jerry

This post was edited
RE: Youth Enticement

Sorry about the punctuation and grammar, I was in a hurry and am running out the door now....

Thanks
Jerry

This post was edited

What exactly is this "Stoke World" event you're talking about?

This post was edited

divfont face="Arial" size="2"Wow Jerry, if that lot doesn't do it, I just don't know what will :(/font/div

This post was edited