RE: Youth Enticement

HOLY BEGEESUS!!!!! That's a vacation waiting for a place to happen!!!!
Ok, as soon as I can get a job and start saving.....that is one place that I want to be. Sara, if I make it across the pond, will you do me the honors of a local tour? Me and the wife that is. Man I gotta try that. There is nothing that even compares to that in the US.

Wow, anyone want to start planning a trip for like 2010? That's incredible.

thanks
Jerry

This post was edited

Steve,

I don't think there is anything to compete with that in north america. That's pretty steep territory. You would have to be a multi millionaire. I don't know of any way to get owners of a waterpark to open for a nudist venue. I am seriously open to suggestions!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks
Jerry

This post was edited

Sara,

First and foremost, please understand that any argumentativeness on my part is not directed at you, but rather, just an expression of frustration from years of failure. I think that the religious right does not have the grip on the UK, or even Washington State, that is has on the rest of the US. I would love to see a nude swim and I would love to see it at a nice waterpark. Unfortunately, I failed at getting a bolwing alley, even for a few hours.

So, maybe I just need to sit back and watch the rest of you guys and be satisfied if you are able to to do anything where I was stonewalled. I'll live vicariously. I'd still like to come to the UK for the nudist waterpark even if it's only for a couple of hours, it's still like nothing that has ever been organized here, as far as I know.

Thanks
Jerry

This post was edited

Well Crose,

Good post. I can understand that Petanque might be considered an elderly person's sport, though in France everyone plays it. But what about beach Volleyball, Water Volleyball, and Tennis? Certainly these shouldn't be put in the "shuffleboard league".

I know memberships are expensive and I know that a lot of the reason the older generations are more prevalent at clubs is simply economics. However, what about meeting up with people in travel clubs? Those are usually very cheap to join and you get to meet a lot of people. Sometems a travel club can get a group rate at a resort/club and make the visit cost effective?

Also, a lot of travel club members have "nudified" their homes. My home in KY has a 7 foot privacy fence around the backyard, a 3 person jacuzzi (yeah, a real jacuzzi) and in the summer I have a small above ground pool. I have a covered and screened-in back patio, brick bbq with gas burners, and room for volleyball, badmitton, horseshoes, etc. It's definately worth fixin up the back yard. I only had to dress to mow the front!!

In any case, those might be some places to start. Also, make sure you ask for the youth rate on AANR and TNS memberships, if you are in college, make sure that you get the cheaper college rate, always ask if there is a cheaper price for youth, even at resorts/clubs.

Remember, there are a lot of us older people that would love to pass on the torch to some young'uns. As I said before, the median age for nudists in the US is approaching an expiration date.

In any case, glad to make your acquaintance and I hope that maybe someday we can all meet up. I do try to get around and am looking forward to meeting others on this web site...

Happy Trails,
Jerry

This post was edited
Resources

I am in the San Antonio area if anyone is needing resources. I'd say I'm fairly well plugged in around here. Drop me a message if you need some contacts.

Happy Trails,
Jerry

This post was edited
RE: Resources

Sara,

Thank you for that post. I think a lot of us in the US are unaware of what is happening in the UK and other places. I think that we assume, and you know what happens when you make an assumption (look up the famous quote by Samuel L. Jackson for a laugh).

Moreover, we begin to feel frustrated and helpless. I am very happy to hear that younger people are being brought into the nudist lifestyle and in a heathy way.

Maybe Sara, you can talk more about events that draw the younger crowd, what your friends find that not only draws them, but keeps them into the lifestyle. Maybe if you can be descriptive, and we can be attentative, just maybe an idea could formulate that might help those of us here to come up with a new plan. I know my plans thus far have not worked, so I need something new.

Certainly there has to be a way to get a younger generation involved. I don't know how to get a waterpark to allow a nudist venue, even for a few hours, but someone on here may have an "eureka" moment based upon what is going on somewhere else.

Happy Trails,
Jerry

This post was edited

I Just saw a post that said the "International Naturist Federation" have just opened a facebook group.

The name is INF youth, for under 30's.

That's a step in the right direction, It could reach a pretty big audience.

This post was edited

Good call WhiteBear. I think that's a problem for a lot of people and not just the younger folks. As long as nudism is looked on as something weird or deviant it's going to be a lifestyle which for a large group of people, is going to have to remain in the closet. One of the organizations I work for recently donated a large amount of assets to a community here in the Northwest that practices a somewhat clothing optional lifestyle. During the meetings regarding the donation it was like being in a room of little kids with all the snickering and comments on the naked hippies. Everybody thought it was great that we where able to make the contribution to them but they just couldn't get past the uncomfortable awkwardness of it.
After the group had separated however, a lot of their attitudes changed and quite a few of them expressed a desire to visit the community. At least when they where one on one and not faced with the entire group.

This post was edited

Ok, Steve, you challenged resorts to make it a worthwhile experience so they come back.

I think that is the issue. Just what does it take to make it a worthwhile experience??? How do we keep them coming back? I think those questions have been bouncing around this thread for a while, and as of yet, I don't see anyone offering an answer.

Thanks
Jerry

This post was edited

Actually I think we have gotten some pretty good suggestions in here. For example Sara and her water slides. I believe someone (sorry can't remember who off the top of my head) also mentioned something along the lines of an arcade type facility or something like that. There was also a mention of popular music which I assume falls under social activities. I know most resorts hold dances and things which is great but I can't imagine 18 20 somethings dancing to Margaritaville. I think that was the gist of the statement anyway.
Granted, water slides would be way outside most of the smaller resorts budget even in a good year. The point I'm getting from what has been said here so far is that it's going to take a complete change of mindset in order for these places to attract a younger crowd. You and I may think of a resort as a great place to go relax by a pool and read a good book or enjoy some conversation over a beer. Perhaps even take on a light game of water volleyball if we are feeling particularly adventurous. It would appear that they are looking for a more active, adventurous environment. Not necessarily something that's set with structured activities but a place where they can hang out with their friends and not feel as though they are sitting in the day room of a retirement community with a bunch of old farts playing Canasta. That's what I have gleaned from the conversation so far anyway.
So how do we make that change? Well, I don't know for sure. That's going to have to be left up to those folks who may have some say over how the places are run. The only advice I could offer on that one is to actually listen to what the younger folks have to say and make a commitment to them and to all of us to actually make an effort to make the changes.

This post was edited