RE: Recruit younger members!

Hey, I'm 55 going on 12...... Does that count as a younger nudist????? LOL

Steve

This post was edited

Personally we could care less what the mean age of a nudist is. We are happy with the way that it is. With age comes maturity (well sometimes) Eventually as society evolves and grows farther away from our Puritan origin nudism will become more accepted. Just be patient, butremain vigilant and it will happen. If the older crowd bothers you then do something about it. If you aren't going to do anything then accept it or move on. Old or not this site has some of the most down to earth people we've ever met. Take care just our two cents :) K and J

This post was edited

Certainly I too support the growth of more young people in the nudist lifestyle but readily see many of the same obstacles that others here have already pointed out which have no easy solutions. Reading on the web I have found even more. Things like;

Many young people are much more comfortable with the idea of nudity than past generations and really dont see the relevance of organized nudism. They see it more as a cause or an institution, one that has just been rendered unnecessary with the culture we have today.

Many young people see nudists clubs as a place limited to activities like swimming in a communal pool, playing lawn games and watching TV which they arent terribly interested in participating in, either nude or clothed.

There are lots of other competing events (Burning Man, music festivals, skyclad pagan ceremonies, etc) where people can be nude if they so desire which interests young people more than the activities available at traditional nudist clubs and resorts.

Some regard nudism was a fad among people who grew up in a restricted milieu which again for them makes it irrelevant and unappealing.

Admittedly, most resorts and clubs are populated by members over 35 and even older and many young people state that they would feel really uncomfortable in that environment. Honestly, when I think back to the distant days of my youth, I have to question how comfortable I would have felt as a twenty something spending time naked in the presence of mostly people 20 or more years older than I.

Finances definitely come into play. Again recalling my twenties, I likely wouldnt have had the spare cash to shell out for day fees or lodging at a resort or club. If anything Id have been more likely to visit a nude beach, a cheaper if not totally free alternative.

As someone has observed, nudists, like everyone don't want to die out. We don't want our clubs and resorts to turn into gated assisted living facilities. But Im not sure what the answer is to lowering the obstacles to more youthful involvement. Generations simply differ on what they enjoy recreationally speaking. What a 40 year old enjoys is not necessarily going to be attractive to a 20 year old.

Some resorts are inviting college students for college weekends to try and pique the interest of young people and that perhaps is a good start. I assume they try to target activities that are of interest to that age group and possibly they only allow young people to attend on those special weekends.

This post was edited

If I may be of some help, one thing you can do is rent a city pool that has few windows that have to be covered and advertise for a young adult nudist swim night. If you have a nudist beach nearby, as a group of 2 or 3 people, go and talk to the young people at the beach. The question is what kind of activities are you going to invite them to. That's your job. House Pot Luck party, byob? Just tell people when they get there that it's not a sex party. (g)
Our beach is on the Toronto Islands, a 10 minute ferry ride and a 10 minute walk.
Dave in Toronto

This post was edited

I am happy to say that this site is helping recruit younger members. I met some new ones this past week in chat who just joined who are very nice and active in chat. Hopefully more will follow.

This post was edited

AANR-SW recently sponsored what I think was a great event for helping to attract more young people to nudism. Vice-President and Youth Director, Jim Bishop, planned a Spring Break event that was held the weekend of March 20-22, The College Nudist Weekend, at Oaklake Trails resort in Oklahoma. The event was designed for young adults ages 18-25. Events included everything from an informational meeting and tour of the grounds to hot dogs, hot tubs, volleyball tournament, a late night hike, a movie, and a special social evening event, plus great food and more. This I think is one example ofthe positive steps that can be taken to encourage more young people to try social nudity and nude recreation. Read more about the event at https://www.collegenudistseminars.com/

This post was edited

If I may be of some help, one thing you can do is rent a city pool that has few windows that have to be covered and advertise for a young adult nudist swim night. If you have a nudist beach nearby, as a group of 2 or 3 people, go and talk to the young people at the beach. The question is what kind of activities are you going to invite them to. That's your job. House Pot Luck party, byob? Just tell people when they get there that it's not a sex party. (g) Our beach is on the Toronto Islands, a 10 minute ferry ride and a 10 minute walk. Dave in Toronto
Thanks Dave! I think those are both super ideas that would likely bring some positive results.

This post was edited

hi ....we r nudist married cpl , looking for nude cpl , as a friend. email (mr_nudeboy9@yahoo.com) or add us as couple_lez at yahoo messanger

This post was edited
young nudists and children in nudism

I work with youth on a daily basis and do know that children and youth are born and have very little concept of shame associated with nudity to later years. I believe the way to promote the lifestyle is not necessarily to market to youth, but to somehow let them know that being in a birthday suit is okay. Changing and channeling attitudes to belief before corruption I believe is the only plausible way to do this. How to channel, or allow to be channeld? I believe that is the question.

This post was edited
young nudists

When I was at Hippie Hollow, I had the opportunity to talk to a young lady about places to go. Several of the group I was with offered suggestions about places to go and the issue with most was the cost. It reinforces what I had mentioned before, there are young nudists around but the membership and fees for nudist resorts keeps a lot of them from going. They are more likely to go to a nude beach with low or no entrance fees.

This post was edited