Recruit younger members!

We've gotta decrease the mean age around here!
Unfortunately, boards like YNAI or ClothesFreeForum don't look kindly to posting links about outside nudist endeavors. I of course understand their policies against spamming, but that shouldn't preclude members from talking about other sites in the naturist world.
So, got any other promotion ideas?

This topic was edited
RE: Recruit younger members!

I agree we need to get some younger members in here to keep the site going

This post was edited

we are new and young. We're excited to be here I hope this place doesn't flop. Is it new?

This post was edited

It's great to talk about the need to recruit younger members but how bout we get to work on the problem. I'd love to hear how you younger folks would suggest making nudism appeal more to younger generations. I'm not all that old but I guess at nearly 35 I've stepped up to the next rung on the census ladder and I'm removed enough to not understand the kids anymore. Whatever...so lets here it. How can we improve things to make them more interesting to the younger generation?

This post was edited

It's great to talk about the need to recruit younger members but how bout we get to work on the problem. I'd love to hear how you younger folks would suggest making nudism appeal more to younger generations. I'm not all that old but I guess at nearly 35 I've stepped up to the next rung on the census ladder and I'm removed enough to not understand the kids anymore. Whatever...so lets here it. How can we improve things to make them more interesting to the younger generation?
Do a recruiting campaign on Facebook and don't tell 'em it'sNOT about sex till they get here! :)

This post was edited
edge

I'm 27. According to most international naturist federations I'm not young anymore.
Yet I try:)
Cheers

This post was edited

Hehe...I guess these young bucks are all talk and no walk. Now I remember back in my day, we put action to our words and that was after a 3 hour hike through 3' of snow in a blinding blizzard on the way to school. LOL...I'm kidding! It was only 2' of snow.

lol...Seriously though, I've been paying attention to this thread and it would be interesting as to what the next generation of nudists thinks.

This post was edited

Up hill both ways too....right Swifty?

This post was edited

Up hill both ways too....right Swifty?

Yeah, definitely up hill, both ways. LOL, "yer all a bunch of young whipper-snappers"!

I have tried and tried to recruit from the younger groups. I believe everyone on here has heard me spout at least once that the median age of nudists in the US is mid 50's. So, before all that is left of our nudist clubs and resorts is "cane assisted shuffleboard", I believe that we need to get the younger people involved. The only thing is "how?"

My experience has been that it really doesn't appeal to the bulk of the younger generation. If you want to insure total failure in recruiting, start telling them that it's not a sexual activity. That usually seals the deal right there.

Sooo, maybe we look at AANR and TNS and see how successful their big money efforts have been. Then maybe take what they have done and try something new with it.....

Thanks

Jerry

This post was edited

As a 21 yo, I ama member of the younger generation, and I take exception to : "My experience has been that it really doesn't appeal to the bulk of the younger generation. If you want to insure total failure in recruiting, start telling them that it's not a sexual activity. That usually seals the deal right there" To me, much of thelimited numbers in say clubs is due to not being appealing to younger folk through providing things that interest them by way of say sports, games, music etc. Too many clubs I think are stuck in their ways and don't show that much desire or initiative to try and capture young folk. That said, with many other interests, there would still probably be limited club appeal. But go particularly to Europe and you will observe plenty young folk enjoying topless or nude sunbathing and swimming, where allowed and where the tolerance and understanding of naturism is much greater than in the UK and from whatI understand the US. A Guardian correspondent spent some time at an international young naturist event in Norfolk last year which was very successful and was in fact struck by the total lack of a sexual atmosphere, that their disco almost had a village tea party feel to it, that they were so maybe over aware of not being sexual, which is always theflipside of going into over-deial shared by many naturist. In general, though,ii would say it is nothing whatever really to do with how related it is to anything sexual, and in all honesty many would be totally turned off if they felt there was say any swinger element. I dn't know how serious or tongue-in-cheek the above quoted reamrk was, but basically it's pretty rubbish. And anyone thinking that that's the problem isn't likely to be as helpful as they might in finding solutions. Sara

Sara,

I think they may be a disconnect because you are in UK and were are here in the USA. When I said that quote, it includes the water volleyball tournament, patanque tournaments and many, many other sporting and general activities here in the US. I probably should have prefaced that as in the US, but I forgot. Sorry. However, I believe that it holds true to the US and actually, forgive me, I challenge you to show that it does not hold true in the UK.

Thanks
Jerry

This post was edited

just joined up, I'm 24.

This post was edited