RE: More Younger People

And the few that ARE young, and women, are too often driven off by the over zelous net cops claiming "fake."
Leanne will probably forever remain the classic example of someone driving away one of the most highly
respected members of THIS site by such narrow mindedness.

This post was edited

OK .. We're 'oldies' (both in our late 50's). We started our nude living during the 60's (Hippy era) and have never looked back).I would assume that kids today have the same outlook on life that we did. They'll embrace the philosophy, but shun everyone outside their age group. Only as they reach a 'certain age' will theyseek comfort and friendship in formalised clubs.Until then they will continue to enjoy nudity on their own terms. At that age you don't need membership cards. Naturism isn't dying..... there's just a generation gap.

This post was edited
RE: Recruit younger members!

If I may add my own slant:
Way, way back when I was a young lad... okay, I was in my twenties, but my wife and I were in the process of throwing off a lot of soceity's negativity concerning sex and the body in general, when a flyer came in advertising various types of books, records, videos, etc., some of them G-rated, others clearly at the other end of the spectrum. One of the books offered for sale was World Guide to Nude Beaches and Recreation. Not knowing at all what it was truly about, I ordered it. It was only when the book came in that I became informed of the general naturist stance that nudity should not be confused with sex. As I read through the opening chapters, I realised that I was learning something that mainstream society had yet to discover, and I was, so to speak, converted on the spot.
What I'm trying to say is that I was still in a period of exploration, discovery and understanding, and was therefore receptive to the book's "Nude is not lewd" message when I finally saw it. So, maybe the trick isn't so muchWHETHER to say "it's not sexual," as much as it is WHEN to say it.
Instead of "Come and vist us! There's nothing sexual going on here!", we should be saying, "Ever wonder what goes on at a nude beach? Why not come and find out?"and let them come to the realisation on their own.

This post was edited
RE: Recruit younger members!

Gerry-4, I think thats a pretty good idea. The aspect of discovering might be enough to peak their interest.

This post was edited
Recruit younger members

Ok I'm 20 from UK near Newcastle people please tell me I'm young haha
Tell me were to go ......

This post was edited
RE:

I'm 20, and while I'm kinda new to the whole nudist thing, I find it a lot of fun. But in my experience, folks around my age aren't really afraid of trying nudism/naturism, but they don't want to be idenditfied as a nudist/naturist, because there's a whole gammit of (negative) connotations that go with such an identity. I'm not exactly sure how to work with this, but this has been my experience.
nail on the head right there. As a 22 yr old college student i regularly see my peers naked. most of them dont have a problem with nudity and think its fun at parties or perhaps swiming. but as soon as you say the word "nudist" they all have the same negative reaction. nudist are viewed by most as oddball hippies. We need to eliminate the stigma that goes with the nudist way of life, a way to show people that when they are having fun "skinning dipping" or getting naked at party there enjoyment in that is no different than we nudist. Its also very important to continue to stress that nudity and sex are different. Many people i know associate nudist with swingers.

This post was edited
RE:

Welcome to the site Joe! Both your posts have been excellent. It's not just the younger people who have a difficult time with the word nudist. While I've always been relatively comfortable nude and discovered the joys of social nudism about 6 years ago, I disliked the label "nudist". Bu tbeing on this site and reading what a lot of people had to say and having the opportunity to meet in person a lot of the people who are on our friends list, helped me to change my mind.

Jen

This post was edited
RE: Recruit younger members

Ok I'm 20 from UK near Newcastle people please tell me I'm young haha Tell me were to go ......

You are definitely young. There is a European locations page in the groups. Welcome to this site.

This post was edited
RE:

but as soon as you say the word "nudist" they all have the same negative reaction. nudist are viewed by most as oddball hippies. We need to eliminate the stigma that goes with the nudist way of life,
Don't really want to be eliminated just yet.

This post was edited

would be nice to have more young nudists coming out and chatting. get everybody to feel comfortable. This site is not about sex, its about being free of clothes(nude). Come out and comment/chat young people and realize your not alone.

This post was edited