RE:Can you retrieve packages from your front door/porch without being seen?

Had we purchased the property "I" wanted, instead of another tract home, retrieving packages, mail, working in the front yard, could all have been done while naked without any issues. It was in our Wine Country where our closest neighbor would have been over 100 yrds away. As we looked the place over, all I could think of was ALL the things I would be able to do naked and not be noticed.I too will scout out the neighbors to make sure all's clear to go out on the porch. In Summer, I will often sit out on our glider, completely naked and have early morning coffee or a late-night drink. I turn the porch light off and can sit there easily without a clear view or anyone noticing I'm naked. I would definitely be putting up my own Christmas lights on the house instead of having someone do that for me at this house!Sometimes you have to compromise on a house. When my wife and I were looking at houses, she didn't like my first choice and I didn't like hers,We both had the same second choice, so we bought it.Seriously? Are you giving marital advice? Marriage in its entirety is a compromise. We've been together 54 years, married over 50 now and you think I don't know what compromise is!? Think before you post or re-write it, so it doesn't sound as though you're the expert on marriage and compromising.

The post was intended to be supportive. If it came across as anything else, I apologize.

This post was edited

Yes i can easily retrieve packages from our front porch as the front of our house id shielded from nosey neigbours by lots of shrubs and trees

This post was edited

If a package arrives from UPS or FedEx, it is during the day and I accept the package on the carport clothed. If it comes USPS then it is left in my mailbox by the clubhouse or some large package mailboxes there. They put the package in the large mailbox and put the key in my box. Twice now I have stopped by the clubhouse early in the morning and walked up to the mailbox nude. Once there was a package, so that was the only time I have done it nude for now.

This post was edited

Not willing to go back through the entire thread (I'm off to work in a few minutes), the exchange I quote below does seem slightly askew after having read through enough to get a feel for the mood; there is a vibe of upset in the tone. Whether it be advice or concurrence, this website is about nudism, not a Dear Abbey column. Both of the posters here usually offer entertaining insight and naked camaraderie to this site. And I've both appreciated and found some grain of entertainment in most of their output. There may be historical friction that I'm not privy to, and excuse me if that is the case. Solid nudists such as ourselves would do better to see the good in a comment - if there is any to be had, that is - rather than assumed marriage counseling. As I read the house purchasing segment, it sounded more like corroborating contribution than Ann Landers.

Had we purchased the property "I" wanted, instead of another tract home, retrieving packages, mail, working in the front yard, could all have been done while naked without any issues. It was in our Wine Country where our closest neighbor would have been over 100 yrds away. As we looked the place over, all I could think of was ALL the things I would be able to do naked and not be noticed.I too will scout out the neighbors to make sure all's clear to go out on the porch. In Summer, I will often sit out on our glider, completely naked and have early morning coffee or a late-night drink. I turn the porch light off and can sit there easily without a clear view or anyone noticing I'm naked. I would definitely be putting up my own Christmas lights on the house instead of having someone do that for me at this house!Sometimes you have to compromise on a house. When my wife and I were looking at houses, she didn't like my first choice and I didn't like hers,We both had the same second choice, so we bought it.Seriously? Are you giving marital advice? Marriage in its entirety is a compromise. We've been together 54 years, married over 50 now and you think I don't know what compromise is!? Think before you post or re-write it, so it doesn't sound as though you're the expert on marriage and compromising.The post was intended to be reinforcing. If it came across as anything else, I apologize.

This post was edited

You're correct about one thing and that is that there is some history of friction. Let's get back on topic.

This morning, a package was delivered to the porch. It's currently 50 degrees with steady wind of about 6-7 mph. It's cold out. We're naked inside. I'm obviously on the computer and my wife is making choc. chip cookies. Not nude, she's got an apron on. I opened the door to get the package and the wind came through the front door and I closed it immediately. It took me a few seconds to locate the package, drum up the nerve and then I opened the door, walked out on the porch and got the package. It was easier than I thought and much faster than putting stuff on for that brief moment. Just one issue, I can't seem to warm up my hands!

This post was edited

Yes. Our landscaping of large bushes provides for a secluded front yard. I do walk out to the street nude early, around 5 AM, to deposit the trash for pickup two days a week and also, while out, check the mailbox.

This post was edited

We do dash out the front door briefly to retrieve a package left right outside the door. We live in a cul-de-sac and theres little privacy. However when its still dark in the very early morning, one of the other of us will dash out to the curb naked under cover of darkness. Love it! There might be an occasional jogger passing by. Frogett

This post was edited

Ah yes. You might think a cul-de-sac to be quiet but there seems to be plenty of walkers (and perhaps runners) who insist on walking each one and not skipping. Is it for the exercise or the curiosity?

I like to walk different routes for variety but don't enter cul-de-sacs for the sake of it.

This post was edited

Ah yes. You might think a cul-de-sac to be quiet but there seems to be plenty of walkers (and perhaps runners) who insist on walking each one and not skipping. Is it for the exercise or the curiosity?I like to walk different routes for variety but don't enter cul-de-sacs for the sake of it.

I walk on the dead end streets in my neighborhood for exercise.

This post was edited

My front door is just over 25 from the street with nothing blocking anyones view should they pass by. I have retrieved packages from the front door, walked out to the mailbox at the street, washed the vehicles in the driveway and worked in the front flowerbeds, all nude. No I dont live in a nudist neighborhood, but I do live in a quiet one. Because its a working class neighborhood, most folks are gone by 8:30 and most traffics during the day are the occasional neighbor coming home for lunch or a delivery person. The delivery people have all seen me and we wave at each other as they pass, no issues. The neighbors are all so self-absorbed in their phones as they drive, Im probably seen but not seen, ya know? Anyway, as far as washing vehicles in the driveway, I do it in the mornings after the work traffic is gone. Because o e vehicle is pretty tall, I have to get up on a ladder a few feet to get the top. Ive had a few neighbors drive by and slow down but then speed back up and continue on. No probs so far. Thats just the front yard, the back yard is another story, nude wise. Lets just say its more nude than the front yard

This post was edited