Scars

I know it is not nice to stare at others. It can be a bit un-nerving if you are the one being stared at. On this site there has been talk about not staring at body parts. But let's face it our eyes are attracted by what's not normal.

If I see a scar on someone I will most likely want to hear the story about it. After all there is a happy ending the person with the scar is still here to tell the story.

My scar came about when I was a freshman in high school. I was casting parts with lead (before it was a problem) for a science project and the pot of molten metal spilled down my leg and on my foot. My sock held it against my foot. The leg of my pants pulled away from my leg. I had burns down my leg, but only second degree. The burn on my foot was third degree. When the doctor pulled my sock off a chunk of my foot came off with it. I got to see one of my bones and it was not broken. The doctor said I may not be able to walk so a stood up and walked out of the office. That burn took about 4 months to heal. We kept it covered with petroleum jelly to get it to heal from the inside out.

Any other opinions?

Bob

This topic was edited
RE: Scars

and not necessarily a, "What's that?" type of question.My typical modus operandi is something like...
I see you're a survivor of something significant ?
The answer dictates whatever comes next.

This post was edited

Our scars are just the roadmap to who we are now.

This post was edited

I have some very significant scarring around my right ankle, due to a series of incidents involving in this order a horse, an arson incedent and a un-looked after dog. Because I live in a place where the sun is so strong, I do have to cover the scaring in sun-block when I am wearing shorts or less (read always), so to make things worse I have a large amount of bright white cream slavered up my leg fro ankle to half way up the shin bone.
honestly, I am sick and tired of people staring at it as I walk in the streets, so much so that I have taken to wearing a tubular bandage to cover it and am seriously considering seeing if I can have grafts done over the winter months.
Oddly enough, I never have people staring at it whilst I am at the nudist beach, I like to think this is because their attention is caught by the near perfect penis between my legs (that is a joke...don't flag me), but maybe it is just because, people on nudist beaches accept that folk are different and leave it at that.
M.

This post was edited

Oddly enough, I never have people staring at it whilst I am at the nudist beach, but maybe it is just because, people on nudist beaches accept that folk are different and leave it at that.I'm reminded of a woman I met at Green Valley a year or two ago....
It was difficult, really difficult, not to stare.
She started a conversation with the couple next to her, about her hair, and how she was dissatisfied with the way it was growing back after chemo. She was showing them the scars under her breasts, and asking what they thought of how unsightly they were as well.
I *had* to chime in, and told them all that IMHO she was one of the most unbelievably beautiful women I'd ever seen in my lifetime, of any age, and that it was difficult to not notice. ( absolutely true )
Not wanting to be perceived incorrectly, I called her husband to the side, and asked him why she seemed so obsessed with her hair ? He said that they both preferred it when it was longer. ( her more than him )
I said that perhaps it was partly because I'd never seen her, or them, before, but that I simply couldn't imagine it could possibly get any better. Different, yes, but not better, and he could certainly tell her that from me, which he did.
She thanked me, and also explained that it was difficult for her, knowing what she was before. I can relate ( for other reasons ) but assured her that the important thing was that real nudists really don't much care, and there was absolutely nothing to be concerned about from any perspective.
In the end, it's a conversation starter.

This post was edited

The habitual little calls the attention, sometimes neither for good nor for evil ... when you do not see anything with assiduity everybody of us minimum we pay attention to new it or out of the habitual thing that we see
I do not believe that it only constitutes a lack of education
As for asking it does not bring over of the scar either I consider it to be like that, but to ask it can feel badly someone who has not overcome this scar or trusts that they do not realize of same or similar
Kisses!

lo poco habitual llama la atencin, a veces ni para bien ni para mal...cuando no ves algo con asiduidad tod@s como mnimo prestamos atencin a eso nuevo o fuera de lo habitual que vemos
no creo que ello slo constituya una falta de educacin
En cuanto a preguntar acerca de la cicatriz tampoco lo considero as, pero el preguntarlo puede sentir mal a alguien que no haya superado esa cicatriz o confe en que no se dan cuenta de la misma o similares
besotes a tod@s

This post was edited

I've got no issues with my scars. If any of them gets the best of you, just ask away and I might tell you a story or two. Some more horrific stories than others . . .
Same with other people, if I find enough curiosity about them, I just ask. But I usually take/accept people as they are scars or not.
xoxoxoxoxo
Hawk

This post was edited

I have some scars and comfortable with them, I be leave ppl who have scars do what ever makes you feel comfortable.
I have gotten used to ppl seeing my scars, so it don't bother me at all

Do what you feel is comfortable

This post was edited

Wife and I both have open heart scars. We were in the pool at our favorite resort talking with other couples and we laughed at the conversation of all the scars we were seeing on the people there including our own. We all agreed the medical field was making a hell of a pile of money selling scars.

This post was edited

Our scars are just the roadmap to who we are now.Hey, I know you, I think, from another forum. Fancy meeting you here. Perhaps you were in one of my groups.

This post was edited