Attention to everybody who's a member of a group!

I personally think the group section is a fantastic idea, but only only if people actually use it. I've just gone through the groups on the site and really, there is only one or two groups that have any activity (Hehe...Got to hand it to you Christians, you sure got the gift for gab lol) on it. Most of the groups have not had any post activity in weeks or even months. Like, c'mon, why join a group if you aren't going to do anything init? lol...It's not like you are getting a prize for being in a group or anything.

Hehe...So, count this as a friendly kick in the ass to those group members out there. Post already, we WANT to hear your thoughts! lol...If we didn't, we woudln't have joined the group.

This topic was edited
RE: Attention to everybody who's a member of a group!

Hey swift, you obviously have seen the three, ok, so one is a group of 2 people, scratch that, .....the two groups I have started, and you probably saw my post...."the silent majority".....It's like trying to herd cats....but thanks, come on over and post a challenge on one of mine, I dare ya!!!! (er, that is an intelectual attempt to beg, I know you can tell....lol)
Thanks
Jerry

This post was edited

You're absolutely right (again! hehe) Swifty, people seem to have a strange desire to join lots of groups, similar to the way they have a desire to collect hundreds of profile pics and pretend they are friends.
Beats me, but I dare say there is an underlying physiological reason for it.
There is a fundamental floor that encourages inactivity in a group, in as much as the members are not notified of new post in the group, and you can't do a bulk mail to all the members at once, so no one knows what's happening unless they go to the trouble to check on all their groups regularly. The only way round it that I can think of, is for the group owner to create a group profile and get everyone in the group to befriend it, so that they could then send a bulletin to their members all at once (from that profile) to advise them of any new activity.

This post was edited

Hey swift, you obviously have seen the three, ok, so one is a group of 2 people, scratch that, .....the two groups I have started, and you probably saw my post...."the silent majority".....It's like trying to herd cats....but thanks, come on over and post a challenge on one of mine, I dare ya!!!! (er, that is an intelectual attempt to beg, I know you can tell....lol) Thanks Jerry

lol...Sorry JR, I should've given you props, as I saw your post ont he 40 something group and you inspired me to post this. lol...I'll be happy to join your group in about 4 years.

This post was edited

You're absolutely right (again! hehe) Swifty, people seem to have a strange desire to join lots of groups, similar to the way they have a desire to collect hundreds of profile pics and pretend they are friends. Beats me, but I dare say there is an underlying physiological reason for it. There is a fundamental floor that encourages inactivity in a group, in as much as the members are not notified of new post in the group, and you can't do a bulk mail to all the members at once, so no one knows what's happening unless they go to the trouble to check on all their groups regularly. The only way round it that I can think of, is for the group owner to create a group profile and get everyone in the group to befriend it, so that they could then send a bulletin to their members all at once (from that profile) to advise them of any new activity.

Yeah, it is a bit too bad that there is no real notification when there'sa post in the group you are in. However, it's not that hard to find your group in the list, since it's in alphabetical order. It's not like this site is hard to navigate and it's not slow, so really, there isn't any excuse not to check the forums. It takes two seconds and you're done.

I do like your group profile idea and I think it would work great for those groups that are based on a locality. Would be a wonderful way to post whatever special events that may be coming your way. Have you thought about doing it for your group?

There are only two groups that I'm really active in, that's the Canadian Nudist Group & the MALE group. As these groups are really about communicating, the profile idea probably wouldn't work. Aside from JR's inspiration, one of the reasons I did this thread is due to the inacdtivity on the Canadian Nudist group. Being a Canadian away from home, I can't tell you how excited I was finding this group thinking it would be a great way to communicate with my fellow country men. However, while there are new members there, the group is dead as and I have to say that I'm more than a little frustrated with it. I did a post similar to this in that forum and it took almost a week to get even 1 response and during that time only 5 people looked at it. Ofcourse I do understand that people have a life outside of cyberspace and do not expect people to be online all the time (or even the amount of time that I'm on lol), but c'mon, there's 30 some odd members there, surely you all can't be busy! lol

This post was edited

You're absolutely right (again! hehe) Swifty, people seem to have a strange desire to join lots of groups, similar to the way they have a desire to collect hundreds of profile pics and pretend they are friends. Beats me, but I dare say there is an underlying physiological reason for it. There is a fundamental floor that encourages inactivity in a group, in as much as the members are not notified of new post in the group, and you can't do a bulk mail to all the members at once, so no one knows what's happening unless they go to the trouble to check on all their groups regularly. The only way round it that I can think of, is for the group owner to create a group profile and get everyone in the group to befriend it, so that they could then send a bulletin to their members all at once (from that profile) to advise them of any new activity.

Yeah, it is a bit too bad that there is no real notification when there'sa post in the group you are in. However, it's not that hard to find your group in the list, since it's in alphabetical order. It's not like this site is hard to navigate and it's not slow, so really, there isn't any excuse not to check the forums. It takes two seconds and you're done.

I do like your group profile idea and I think it would work great for those groups that are based on a locality. Would be a wonderful way to post whatever special events that may be coming your way. Have you thought about doing it for your group?

There are only two groups that I'm really active in, that's the Canadian Nudist Group & the MALE group. As these groups are really about communicating, the profile idea probably wouldn't work. Aside from JR's inspiration, one of the reasons I did this thread is due to the inacdtivity on the Canadian Nudist group. Being a Canadian away from home, I can't tell you how excited I was finding this group thinking it would be a great way to communicate with my fellow country men. However, while there are new members there, the group is dead as and I have to say that I'm more than a little frustrated with it. I did a post similar to this in that forum and it took almost a week to get even 1 response and during that time only 5 people looked at it. Ofcourse I do understand that people have a life outside of cyberspace and do not expect people to be online all the time (or even the amount of time that I'm on lol), but c'mon, there's 30 some odd members there, surely you all can't be busy! lol
I don't know If it's just that everyone is in a hurry or a bit lazy or both, or a shyness for speaking publicly, If you think about it, it's only a tiny proportion of the membership that actually participate, talk about the silent majority. And we all know how there is a tendency to -not- read profiles properly before hitting the invite button. I have clearly stated in my group description that the group is for people who reside in the s/east, but I still get requests from outside:(
It's not hard to check if you only join -a few- groups (if you remember) but, if you join too many, it would be a pain, especially if there's no activity.
Did you see my blog (at the bottom of my profile) listing in the title, the groups that I have joined. If you open it, you will find a link to each one. If everyone did that it would be a quick way to see their interests and it's a quick way to access your own groups to check on them.
Yes I think I may create a group profile one day, all members could have access and send their own bulletins to the group, if that would be acceptable to TT1, and if they could be bothered to do it. But I'm also suffering, due to the apathy, I have only 9 mebers, I've noticed that there are quite a few in the UK group from the s/east, but they have not joined the s/east group, so I think I need to find them again and send an invite. Also there are quite a few in the UK group from OTHER COUNTRIES, Doesn't that defeat the object?

This post was edited

I don't know If it's just that everyone is in a hurry or a bit lazy or both, or a shyness for speaking publicly, If you think about it, it's only a tiny proportion of the membership that actually participate, talk about the silent majority. And we all know how there is a tendency to -not- read profiles properly before hitting the invite button. I have clearly stated in my group description that the group is for people who reside in the s/east, but I still get requests from outside:(
It's not hard to check if you only join -a few- groups (if you remember) but, if you join too many, it would be a pain, especially if there's no activity.
Did you see my blog (at the bottom of my profile) listing in the title, the groups that I have joined. If you open it, you will find a link to each one. If everyone did that it would be a quick way to see their interests and it's a quick way to access your own groups to check on them.
Yes I think I may create a group profile one day, all members could have access and send their own bulletins to the group, if that would be acceptable to TT1, and if they could be bothered to do it. But I'm also suffering, due to the apathy, I have only 9 mebers, I've noticed that there are quite a few in the UK group from the s/east, but they have not joined the s/east group, so I think I need to find them again and send an invite. Also there are quite a few in the UK group from OTHER COUNTRIES, Doesn't that defeat the object?

Well, it could be that they are expats like me trying to hook up with fellow countrymen. At least that's the way I look at it when a foreigner is in another country's group.

Yeah, I know that it lists the groups you are in in the profile, but mine don't show for some reason. lol...with my problems in the chatroom and things appearing properly in my profile, I'm begining to think the site doesn't like me. ;)

I know what you mean about the silent majority and was thinking about that the other day. There are 3,000 plus members here and I've seen only a handful of them on the forums and the chatroom. Makes me wonder why they are even here? lol...I suppose that everybody joins these things for their own reasons, but I would think that more would participate in the site. They could be afraid of speaking publicly about things and I can understand that to a degree, but why? It's the internet, it's not like anybody is going to actually bite you. Besides, this is an adult site and for the most part, people act like adults. Those that don't are usually gone realitively quickly anyways. lol

This post was edited

Well, it could be that they are expats like me trying to hook up with fellow countrymen. At least that's the way I look at it when a foreigner is in another country's group.

Yeah, I know that it lists the groups you are in in the profile, but mine don't show for some reason. lol...with my problems in the chatroom and things appearing properly in my profile, I'm begining to think the site doesn't like me. ;)

I know what you mean about the silent majority and was thinking about that the other day. There are 3,000 plus members here and I've seen only a handful of them on the forums and the chatroom. Makes me wonder why they are even here? lol...I suppose that everybody joins these things for their own reasons, but I would think that more would participate in the site. They could be afraid of speaking publicly about things and I can understand that to a degree, but why? It's the internet, it's not like anybody is going to actually bite you. Besides, this is an adult site and for the most part, people act like adults. Those that don't are usually gone realitively quickly anyways. lol
I think the expat thing's cool as long as it's clear in your profile.
Your profile only lists the groups that you have created, NOT those that you have joined, that's why I listed them in a blog.

This post was edited

Makes me wonder why they are even here? lol...I suppose that everybody joins these things for their own reasons, but I would think that more would participate in the site. They could be afraid of speaking publicly about things and I can understand that to a degree, but why? It's the internet, it's not like anybody is going to actually bite you. Besides, this is an adult site and for the most part, people act like adults. Those that don't are usually gone realitively quickly anyways. lol
I have thought about all those groups, that sit idle!
I have thought about joining some but no one will answer!
Ihave thought about all the 3000 Plus and still counting members TT1 told us about!
I have thought about all those new members and I can't even get a TN cert completed that is pending!
I have thought about all the Forum topics and have to go all the way to the end to read it (Last post first)!
I have thought about all the ones becoming members with out a profile and I still got a Cert STILL Pending!
I have thought about how this site is lacking the things we need fixed, and the lack therof!
I have though about how maybe a half dz of us could put together a To - Do List!
I have thought about the 3K Plus Members and just a mere handful posting! (Anything)
I guess I have just had too much time for thinking ( see what happens when it gets cold out )

This post was edited

Your profile only lists the groups that you have created, NOT those that you have joined, that's why I listed them in a blog.

OOohhh, you are so smart, thanks Phil! lol

This post was edited

Makes me wonder why they are even here? lol...I suppose that everybody joins these things for their own reasons, but I would think that more would participate in the site. They could be afraid of speaking publicly about things and I can understand that to a degree, but why? It's the internet, it's not like anybody is going to actually bite you. Besides, this is an adult site and for the most part, people act like adults. Those that don't are usually gone realitively quickly anyways. lol
I have thought about all those groups, that sit idle!
I have thought about joining some but no one will answer!
Ihave thought about all the 3000 Plus and still counting members TT1 told us about!
I have thought about all those new members and I can't even get a TN cert completed that is pending!
I have thought about all the Forum topics and have to go all the way to the end to read it (Last post first)!
I have thought about all the ones becoming members with out a profile and I still got a Cert STILL Pending!
I have thought about how this site is lacking the things we need fixed, and the lack therof!
I have though about how maybe a half dz of us could put together a To - Do List!
I have thought about the 3K Plus Members and just a mere handful posting! (Anything)
I guess I have just had too much time for thinking ( see what happens when it gets cold out )

Al, what are you trying to do to get certified? Are you waiting for him to see you on cam or are you sending in pics? If you are waiting for him to see you on cam, he's kind of made it pretty clear that he does not have the time to make an apperance here all that often, so you may be waiting awhile. lol

But if you are sending in pics, I don't understand what problems you are having. Just take a clear clothed photo of you and your wife with the sinage and another clear nude photo of the two of you with the same sign. When I did it, I got certified within 24 hours and didn't have any problem.

This post was edited