RE: FORUM RULES - PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING.

When using the forums, please follow the following rules. 1. Be polite, even during controversial topics, name calling is not necessary or constructive. 2. No promoting products or services on the forum. 3. Please keep the forum non-sexual. No erotic stories or topics. 4. Please do not respond to insulting or rude comments, these only prolong the degeneration of the forum. Flag the comment and continue the discussion as if it had not happened.

This post was edited

They need to lock this on the front page so it will not go away

This post was edited
RE:FORUM RULES. Do Miracles Exist ?

Cautiously optimistic that this might be working!!What ! You believe in miracles. Many people on here don't even know what rules are, let alone adhere to them.

This post was edited
RE: FORUM RULES. Do Miracles Exist ?

I know a lot of people will disagree with me on here, but I have been on multiple forums of all subjects. The most successful of them have moderators, and while this one is active, often threads go into personal attacks thanks to a very small number of trolls. They personally attack anyone who disagrees with them and NIM is right, they will often go on the offensive with "Vendetta Flags". Yep the hard part is to find the right mods for the forum, but these rules are easy to enforce, posts that include personal attacks are removed, poster is warned, and if it becomes habitual, a note is made by the mod to the owner to make a decision to remove. People need to know that this site is NOT a democracy and it's a privilege to be a member here!

This post was edited

I know a lot of people will disagree with me on here, but I have been on multiple forums of all subjects. The most successful of them have moderators, and while this one is active, often threads go into personal attacks thanks to a very small number of trolls. They personally attack anyone who disagrees with them and NIM is right, they will often go on the offensive with "Vendetta Flags". Yep the hard part is to find the right mods for the forum, but these rules are easy to enforce, posts that include personal attacks are removed, poster is warned, and if it becomes habitual, a note is made by the mod to the owner to make a decision to remove. People need to know that this site is NOT a democracy and it's a privilege to be a member here!I have a real issue with your post. On the one hand, it seems to have been written from a position of wide eyed innocence. But, using the label of those who disagree with your posts as "trolls" is only fueling the fire. And, when it comes to diatribes, curses, and insults if truth be told nobody here has been more offensive then NiMA. Suggesting he is the voice of reason and moderation is truly the height of intellectual dishonesty.

This post was edited

I know a lot of people will disagree with me on here, but I have been on multiple forums of all subjects. The most successful of them have moderators, and while this one is active, often threads go into personal attacks thanks to a very small number of trolls. They personally attack anyone who disagrees with them and NIM is right, they will often go on the offensive with "Vendetta Flags". Yep the hard part is to find the right mods for the forum, but these rules are easy to enforce, posts that include personal attacks are removed, poster is warned, and if it becomes habitual, a note is made by the mod to the owner to make a decision to remove. People need to know that this site is NOT a democracy and it's a privilege to be a member here!Well said FF, but will they listen.

This post was edited

I would agree wholeheartedly, Topher, if you just took the word "intellectual" out.

This post was edited

I know a lot of people will disagree with me on here, but I have been on multiple forums of all subjects. The most successful of them have moderators, and while this one is active, often threads go into personal attacks thanks to a very small number of trolls. They personally attack anyone who disagrees with them and NIM is right, they will often go on the offensive with "Vendetta Flags". Yep the hard part is to find the right mods for the forum, but these rules are easy to enforce, posts that include personal attacks are removed, poster is warned, and if it becomes habitual, a note is made by the mod to the owner to make a decision to remove. People need to know that this site is NOT a democracy and it's a privilege to be a member here!I have a real issue with your post. On the one hand, it seems to have been written from a position of wide eyed innocence. But, using the label of those who disagree with your posts as "trolls" is only fueling the fire. And, when it comes to diatribes, curses, and insults if truth be told nobody here has been more offensive then NiMA. Suggesting he is the voice of reason and moderation is truly the height of intellectual dishonesty.Topher, I made no mentions about people who disagree with me or others being automatic trolls. There are trolls on this site, and most know who they are. Trolls attack people personally and force people to defend with no contribution to the thread or OP. Regarding NIM, every post I've seen him contribute to, has been well articulated and full of well researched information. Is he always right? I don't know, but he often backs up his statements. I will say that just because his posts might be controversial to some because they are not happy unless they are offended by something, does not make him wrong. And his first posts almost always result in the Trolls getting to work in their typical fashion personally attacking NIM the man, instead of debating the topic. This also results in him turning around and having to defend himself. It is very easy to say don't respond to it, which is not difficult if it's a general stupid snarky post, but when it's a personal attack, I know of no one that doesn't defend themselves! He talks of Vendetta flags and even some of the trolls have admitted they do it and then in another post deny it. Either way, I've seen no one get booted from this site after being flagged in the forums. Why? because I'll bet TT1 received at least 100 flags or more per day, and it's impossible to go through them. Forum Moderators would work to keep the forums civil. I don't really care if you disagree with me, or if you believe it fuels the fire. This post is not a debate and I'm merely suggesting to the owner what I believe would help him enforce the rules of the forum to fix an obvious problem.

This post was edited

Well said FF, but will they listen.And it is quite obvious from Toph and Soup's last posts, they do not want to listen, or they cannot understand the basic English language.

This post was edited

Perhaps the Forum Rules should be posted and a member has to agree to abide by the rules or they will be denied access to the Forum. TT1 should permanently bar individuals who repeatedly break the rules from further access to the Forum.

This post was edited