RE:Getting an erection.

If you get it you get it. No need to walk about showing it "to the world" but definitely no reason to hide it purposly.

It's nature and if the women don't know they should read and learn!

It's a totally different matter if a guy is "marketing" his manhood and specially on beaches where there are families.

I think that's just - common sense ?

This post was edited

I have read the others and laughed. It is like beating a dead horse. (No offense to the horse).

It happens, do something appropriate and move on.

This post was edited

Guys don't always choose when to have erections. As long as nothing rude is being done, there is nothing wrong with erect penises. In fact, erect penises are healthy penises.

Nudism is supposed to be about body acceptance. If it is okay for a penis to be naked, it should not be offensive for it to be healthy and erect.

This post was edited

I'm married with 6 kids. I sometimes get erections and don't know why.

This idea that nudity is okay because it doesn't mean sex is the heart of the problem.

Sex should be a wonderful shared experience. If between a male and a female, they can create a new human being together.

Penises are sexual organs. They get erect when aroused which enables sex.

If it is okay for the sexual organ called a penis to be naked and seen, it should be okay for it to be erect.

I am not suggesting a show be made of it or that something be done to purposely cause one.

I'm against any rude behavior.

This post was edited

I think we all agree that an erect penis shows that a man has a healthy functioning organ, but as our community grows and tries to be inclusive of everyone, we should be conscience, in a world of some people exploiting and abusing others sexually, maybe our community can stand apart and show understanding and err on the side of caution when ours penises are having a mind of there own.

This post was edited

Wolfsteve in some threads Ive read, many agree with you, In this particular thread it seems most are saying a guy has to be a perv or sex fiend if he has an erection. I TOTALLY disagree with that! True.... while many nudists who have been nudists for years and years may see it that way, some of us haven't been nudists for all those years and yeah ...may find it a little silly nervousness or exciting to strip down in front of others when we get the chance. It DOES NOT mean a guy is about to go jack off in the bushes. I DO agree that in front of children you've got to roll over or cover as that is standard protocol. (although some such as wolfsteve would say its healthy for boys especially to understand erections and that they're nothing to be ashamed of- and I get that) but in standard every day life with families, then yeah ...I would say you're looking for trouble if you don't hide your erection quickly. If no children and its adult men and women, again to be safe and to please the paranoid folks, you should still cover up in my opinion. At the end of the day, some men especially those who have not had tons of experience with public nudity, and if they happen to be younger than say ... 60 for example may unwantingly, get a tad excited. Personally I tend to think that like so many things in life, this topic is not a simple black and white issue. The very first time I went to a nude resort I was 26. Yes I was nervous, yes I found it kind of sexual for that first 30 mins so I was fighting an erection (and losing a good bit of the time) . Getting out of the pool one time, oops , it happened again , not full blown but enough- and to you long timers , would you believe 2 women in their 60s it seems, was checking me out , smiling, and one discretely massaged her vaginal area for a couple seconds which at that age kinda freaked me out. So folks, its a very gray area, things happen, obviously most know that men can't control these things BUT... its how they handle it in the moment that I think is important. While part of me says yes, a man with an erect penis is healthy and that there is nothing wrong with that yada yada, I DO understand that the majority of people in society as we know it, would frown upon it... so one has to play by the rules of the majority.

This post was edited

Wolfsteve in some threads Ive read, many agree with you, In this particular thread it seems most are saying a guy has to be a perv or sex fiend if he has an erection. I TOTALLY disagree with that! True.... while many nudists who have been nudists for years and years may see it that way, some of us haven't been nudists for all those years and yeah ...may find it a little silly nervousness or exciting to strip down in front of others when we get the chance. It DOES NOT mean a guy is about to go jack off in the bushes. I DO agree that in front of children you've got to roll over or cover as that is standard protocol. (although some such as wolfsteve would say its healthy for boys especially to understand erections and that they're nothing to be ashamed of- and I get that) but in standard every day life with families, then yeah ...I would say you're looking for trouble if you don't hide your erection quickly. If no children and its adult men and women, again to be safe and to please the paranoid folks, you should still cover up in my opinion. At the end of the day, some men especially those who have not had tons of experience with public nudity, and if they happen to be younger than say ... 60 for example may unwantingly, get a tad excited. Personally I tend to think that like so many things in life, this topic is not a simple black and white issue. The very first time I went to a nude resort I was 26. Yes I was nervous, yes I found it kind of sexual for that first 30 mins so I was fighting an erection (and losing a good bit of the time) . Getting out of the pool one time, oops , it happened again , not full blown but enough- and to you long timers , would you believe 2 women in their 60s it seems, was checking me out , smiling, and one discretely massaged her vaginal area for a couple seconds which at that age kinda freaked me out. So folks, its a very gray area, things happen, obviously most know that men can't control these things BUT... its how they handle it in the moment that I think is important. While part of me says yes, a man with an erect penis is healthy and that there is nothing wrong with that yada yada, I DO understand that the majority of people in society as we know it, would frown upon it... so one has to play by the rules of the majority.

You are saying once again what many people already replied. There is nothing wrong with getting an erection. We just need a little of common sense in "certain" situations. Nobody is saying that all men must be ashamed because of an erection in ALL situations or that men ALWAYS have to show off the erected penis because it is a natural healthy penis or that you ALWAYS have to hide it. Common people! ;)

This post was edited

Perhaps another problem is believing that an erection means one wants sex.

As males, we can exemplify that arousal leading erection does not mean one must want sex.

Being aroused to erection is not threatening.

None the less, discretion is always appropriate. I agree that if one has an erection, that would not be the time to meet and greet males or females of any age.

However, if one is playing badminton, and one's penis flops around until it becomes erect, one need not stop the game until the erection is gone.

This post was edited

I don't agree that one should roll over if there are children.

If they are boys, I would ignore it.

If girls, I would keep a distance or move away.

None the less, whether clothed, naked, or naked and erect, all must be conscious to behave discreetly, and not be ostentatious so to not make others feel threatened.

This post was edited

Simply amazed at how many men think it is their right to display their erections in public view because it is a "natural" thing. Makes me want to ask is it your right to take a crap or pee in Public too because that is natural too?
With this logic it is no wonder people think all nudists are perverts and women wont try nudism for fear of being exposed to unsolicited views of male sexual arousal for fear of being assaulted because it is your right.

This post was edited