RE:Getting an erection.

If you want to compare to peeing or deficating, the parallel would be being actively engaged in a sexual act. I'm not advocating any of that.

I'm surprised at how many find an incidentally erect penis threatening.

I'm not advocating displaying anything.

I'm just saying that an incidental erection is nothing to be ashamed of.

This is why I prefer traditional same sex nudity. Candidly, I believe that too many "Nudists" believe an incidental naked erect penis is offensive, dirty, or threatening.

This post was edited

If you want to compare to peeing or deficating, the parallel would be being actively engaged in a sexual act. I'm not advocating any of that.I'm surprised at how many find an incidentally erect penis threatening.I'm not advocating displaying anything.I'm just saying that an incidental erection is nothing to be ashamed of.This is why I prefer traditional same sex nudity. Candidly, I believe that too many "Nudists" believe an incidental naked erect penis is offensive, dirty, or threatening.

You did not understand the point of the last comment. And there is no need for same-sex nudity. Males and females can easily share nudist places together if we both respect each other. That is precisely the reason why SOMETIMES when a man with a spontaneous erection should just be mindful and probably cover the erection. There is not JUST one way to solve/behave in this situation. A combination of common sense and observation of the situation, environment, moment and people will let you know what is the best way to handle it. Some cases maybe you don't need to cover as probably the context is turning sexual (that can happen as well with adult nudists social event in nudist venues, and it is also perfectly normal if all agree and nobody is disrespected)

This post was edited

I don't agree that one should roll over if there are children.If they are boys, I would ignore it.If girls, I would keep a distance or move away.None the less, whether clothed, naked, or naked and erect, all must be conscious to behave discreetly, and not be ostentatious so to not make others feel threatened.

You are ok with having an erection in front of little boys?

Im guessing the parents would have a very different opinion an if you were erect in front of my kids Id have more than a few harsh words for you,

This post was edited

Most women at a beach don't want to see it. We want to relax without feeling like there's a potential predator on the beach. Yes, that's what I said. Rape culture is a thing, and we just want to get away from that feeling at the beach.

This post was edited

Most women at a beach don't want to see it. We want to relax without feeling like there's a potential predator on the beach. Yes, that's what I said. Rape culture is a thing, and we just want to get away from that feeling at the beach.

Even me as man know about this. Both women and men when in public must show education and respect. It is always important to listen to opinions from the opposite sex because this way is possible to achieve agreements about the etiquette of public nudism.

This post was edited

If the erection is incidental, it will not last long. I would think one would not find it threatening.

If a younger male has more frequent and persistent erections, and he has to hide it, he will be ashamed of his body. If a younger female sees that is wrong for him, she will be ashamed of her own sexuality. As a father of 4 daughters, who are now all married, her own shame will make it more difficult for her to report predatory behavior from males or females.

I have been to King Spa when old men, younger men, and/ or boys, including little boys have had naked erect penises. No one was threatened.

My boys were going with me to King Spa since they were 6 and 8. Since that age, they have had and seen naked erect penises at times. They have both asked my wife, their mother, and me sexual questions from time to time when appropriate. They have been open and neither has been sexually irresponsible or inconsiderate.

No one should behave in a way that is inappropriate.

However, an incidental erect penis is not threatening or offensive. The idea that a naked penis is okay but if it is erect and nothing rude is being done, that is to be hidden as shameful is wrong.

I want my boys to have positive views of their bodies including their penises whether erect or not.

This post was edited

You did not understand the point of the last comment. And there is no need for same-sex nudity. Males and females can easily share nudist places together if we both respect each other. That is precisely the reason why SOMETIMES when a man with a spontaneous erection should just be mindful and probably cover the erection.

I agree being mindful is what is called for here but mindlessness seems to be ruling the day.

This post was edited

I want my boys to have positive views of their bodies including their penises whether erect or not.

Right so because you want t o and have raised you children to be exposed to the "incidental" erections of other strangers the same should be ok for everyone and we need to accept that or be considered repressed. This is the kind thinking that drives people away from nudism. But hey none of that matters because you will subject anyones children to the way your raise yours how interesting.

This post was edited

Thank you for jumping in and sharing a womans perspective. Raising the reality of the rape culture is something that doesnt seem to sink into inking of some who want to wield their erections in and unfettered manner with no consideration for the impact that may have on others in the public space.

This post was edited

Wolfsteve in some threads Ive read, many agree with you, In this particular thread it seems most are saying a guy has to be a perv or sex fiend if he has an erection. I TOTALLY disagree with that! True.... while many nudists who have been nudists for years and years may see it that way, some of us haven't been nudists for all those years and yeah ...may find it a little silly nervousness or exciting to strip down in front of others when we get the chance. It DOES NOT mean a guy is about to go jack off in the bushes. I DO agree that in front of children you've got to roll over or cover as that is standard protocol. (although some such as wolfsteve would say its healthy for boys especially to understand erections and that they're nothing to be ashamed of- and I get that) but in standard every day life with families, then yeah ...I would say you're looking for trouble if you don't hide your erection quickly. If no children and its adult men and women, again to be safe and to please the paranoid folks, you should still cover up in my opinion. At the end of the day, some men especially those who have not had tons of experience with public nudity, and if they happen to be younger than say ... 60 for example may unwantingly, get a tad excited. Personally I tend to think that like so many things in life, this topic is not a simple black and white issue. The very first time I went to a nude resort I was 26. Yes I was nervous, yes I found it kind of sexual for that first 30 mins so I was fighting an erection (and losing a good bit of the time) . Getting out of the pool one time, oops , it happened again , not full blown but enough- and to you long timers , would you believe 2 women in their 60s it seems, was checking me out , smiling, and one discretely massaged her vaginal area for a couple seconds which at that age kinda freaked me out. So folks, its a very gray area, things happen, obviously most know that men can't control these things BUT... its how they handle it in the moment that I think is important. While part of me says yes, a man with an erect penis is healthy and that there is nothing wrong with that yada yada, I DO understand that the majority of people in society as we know it, would frown upon it... so one has to play by the rules of the majority.

You're killing me!! She was in her 60's, rubbing, and it is a "grey area?" LOL!! Walked into that one. :-D

This post was edited