What are you reading?

Its that easy! Tell us nudists what novels hold your interest right now! And also why it is so interesting.

As for me its a book by Gayle Greeno called Finders-Seekers. Its part one in a three part series I believe. I am now on part 4/5 in book 1. =) And enjoying the tale very much! I am enjoying it mostly because it is about cats, my favorite animal. But not just cats, giant cats that imprint on your soul and can "mindspeak" with their bondmates. Ahaha I feel like a dork now.

I love some good science fiction/fantasy.

This topic was edited
RE: What are you reading?

Christopher Moore is my current favourite. I met him recently on his book tour -- a funny guy and one of the strongest writers out there.

Good topic!

This post was edited

I am reading the three main books of the HBO series, "The Pacific". Read, "The Old Breed, finishing, "The Pacific", companion book to the series and starting, "Helmet for my Pillow". Worth reading all, to understand the sacrifices that were made by these people to secure our way of life.

This post was edited

I've recently finished Rough Country by John Sanford. I an anxiously awaiting Faye Kellerman's new book to arrive in the Public Library. I have read all of hers and her husband's Jonathan Kellerman. They write great suspense novels.

This post was edited

Christopher Moore is my current favourite. I met him recently on his book tour -- a funny guy and one of the strongest writers out there.Good topic!
Christopher Moore is hilarious. I love Lamb and The Stupidest Angel. Both were read in my book club. =)

This post was edited

The Complete Works of Lewis Carroll, The Arabian Nights, and How to Sail for Dummies are all currently being read. I just finished the entire Percy Jackson and the Olympians series. I like new insights.

This post was edited
RE: What im reading.......

The programmers guide to PHP.

Oh, you meant.....
;)

This post was edited

The book I keep going back to when I need a good laugh is The Bride of Anguished English, by Richard Lederer. In one section on court activities,a defence lawyer was trying to prove that when he stopped the defendant, he was relying only on a verbaldescription of the perpetrator, and hadnot himself seen that person committ any crime. The police said he trusted his officer to give accurate descriptions.

"Do you trust your fellow officers?"

"Yes, with my life."

"With your life? Tell me, does the police station have a locker room?"

"Yes."

"And do you have a lock on your locker?"

"Yes."

"Why would you put a lock on your locker if you trust your fellow officers with your life?"

"Well, the police station is part of a complex which includes the court house, and lawyers have been known to pass through the lockerroom to get from one place to another."

The judge had to declare a recess to recoverfrom that...

This post was edited
wirral_naturist

Like wirral_naturist I hardly spend any time on fiction. I'm on a continual quest of self-improvement and educating myself in so many areas of life.

This post was edited
RE: what are you reading

I'm just about to start "Here's the deal, don't touch me - Howie Mandel" with Josh Young.
The last "book" that I read, as opposed to technical manual/textbook was "The 5 people you meet in heaven" - I sobbed through most of it. *contented sigh*
Great topic!

This post was edited

I tend to read biographies of famous people. Recently read several on George Burns that told how he got into vaudeville and later evolving into radio and TV. At Glen Eden there is a used bookstore that sells paperbacks for 50 cents and hardbacks fr a dollar. Plus, we can exchange books for credit, so when we are there camping over a weekend when they're open we stock up on a few to see us through the summer.

This post was edited