nudity at non-nude beaches

hey everyone, i'm kind of new here. i'm on vacation right now on galveston island in texas, and yesterday i got up and went down to the beach (we're at the south end of the island) and got naked for about 2 hours. there weren't many people there, but whenever someone came somewhat close i put my swimsuit back on. i wasn't hassled or anything which was nice, but i'm curious how y'all feel about nudity at non-nude beaches? I don't want to offend anyone (hence why i put my swimsuit back on) but at the same time i want to enjoy the beach naked... do you think my reasoning is ok and most non-nudists would agree, or do you think most people would be offended?

thanks, and stay nude!

This topic was edited
RE: nudity at non-nude beaches

hey everyone, i'm kind of new here. i'm on vacation right now on galveston island in texas, and yesterday i got up and went down to the beach (we're at the south end of the island) and got naked for about 2 hours. there weren't many people there, but whenever someone came somewhat close i put my swimsuit back on. i wasn't hassled or anything which was nice, but i'm curious how y'all feel about nudity at non-nude beaches? I don't want to offend anyone (hence why i put my swimsuit back on) but at the same time i want to enjoy the beach naked... do you think my reasoning is ok and most non-nudists would agree, or do you think most people would be offended?thanks, and stay nude!

I would say you did the proper thing. Even on nude beaches I see complaints of nudity from those people that can't read.

This post was edited

The anti-nudity laws began to be enforced on what was traditionally a nude beach near here based upon the complaint of one individual. Prior to that I spent an enjoyable day there with other nudists. The passerby's on foot and on bicycles appeared not to notice our nudity. The majority does not always rule.

This post was edited

I think I would prefer to go to a clothingoptionalor nude beach rather than having to keep putting a swimsuit on and off. Plus there is always the chance that someone may see you before you get it on and report you. I don't know the laws inTexas but it would be wise to be careful. Perhaps there may be a c/o beach in your area.

This post was edited

There is a nonlanded club in your area and they can give you not only updates but afford you the opportunity to socialize among people of similar minds. They used to visit Galveston beachfrequently before they started to prohibit nudity there.

This post was edited
RE: non-nude beaches

I commend you! Your attitude is most reasonable, toasty. You should not have many problems with equally reasonable non-nudists (the anally retentive, another story).I guess you biggest concern would be with local law enforcement. Might want to do some research first.
Mike

This post was edited

For years nudity was allowed on McFaddin beach, which is east of the ferry in Galveston. Now the federal game warden is often there and will issue citations if he sees you nude. In Texas that is a class c and can carry a fine up to $500 but the norm from what I hear is $250. I have heard that some go to Crystal Beach instead. If you go east from the ferry and a few miles down the road at beach access road turn right and then go back west a couple of miles it is so secluded that the only people that go to that area are there to be nude and you can see anyone coming from a long way. I have not had chance to check it out for myself but wanted to mention that some do that.

This post was edited

thanks for the replies everyone! I did see a police officer but he was pulling someone over on the road, and thus was not interested in me at all.
I've heard about the crystal beach and would have loved to visit but that was just too far out of the way. I'll just have to stick to visiting resorts and trying to convince some friends to go.
I'll be honest though, I've never been naked at the beach before and it was such a wonderful experience!

This post was edited

I have never had any problem when being naked at none nudist beaches. When people see me naked, it is not long before quit a few of them also strip off and enjoy the freedom of being natural.
I think it's easier in the UK as it's not illegal to be naked in public. I would worry more about the after effects of 'offending someone' rather than offending someone who is just a prude. If the worst that can happen is that you are asked to cover up then just keepdoing it until then, if you're going to jail then I'd probably stop or wear somethingvery small!!

This post was edited

I think it is not worth the risk to be nude at non-nude beaches. In my case, with Gunnison Beach so close, why go nude at a non-nude beach?

This post was edited

last year while visiting the georgia coast we had wandered far out from the beach at low tide the beach wasn't very crowded and since we were out quite a ways and was sitting down i removed my bathing suit and did some nude sunbathing my wife who was wearing shorts and a t-shirt stripped down to her underwear but wouldn;t go any further, needless to say we need more nude beaches. a compromise would be one designate in each state.

This post was edited