RE: nudity at non-nude beaches

In Canada it is legal to be nude if you have a reasonable expectation of privacy, having said that, if you go to a beach and move far away from the crowd, and it is reasonable that you will not be seen then you are fine. But it is important that you are far enough away, as respecting the law and others should be paramount.

This post was edited

I've never had any problems when nude on a none-nudist beach. I find a quiet spot to settle down and use a three-sided windbreak, so people can only see me from one viewpoint.
I have had people see me and even start a conversation. On one occasion, a lady passing by said " I wish I could be brave enough to just lay there in the sun,like that."
I'm not suggesting that people should just go onto any beach and strip naked, it's a case of using a little common sense. And as stated in former posts, it depends on the local laws.

This post was edited

Sounds like the kind of place every City should have.

This post was edited

In Canada it is legal to be nude if you have a reasonable expectation of privacy, having said that, if you go to a beach and move far away from the crowd, and it is reasonable that you will not be seen then you are fine. But it is important that you are far enough away, as respecting the law and others should be paramount.

Each province and individual cities/towns have their own laws. This blanket statement is not acurate.

This post was edited

when traveling, I make it a point to find really isolated spots where I never see anyone. Or I swim out far enough that I can take off a suit underwater and hold it while I swim. But this is a the beauty of having a private cottage on a lake to visit!

This post was edited

I don't think it's wise to go nude at a non-nude beach; but I think it's time that each state open up areas where you can go nude and post a sign saying clothing otional so that no one is surprised. I live in New Jersey and I go to Gunnison Beach. I am not sure how much of the beach is open for nude sunbathing / swimming, but it's the only place to go in the state. I am sure that there is more than 100 miles of beach in the state, and Gunnison is the only place.
The park has limited parking space and on weekends the lot fills by 9 AM. It's a shame they don't have parking areas (even if you have to pay) in the general area with a bus to shuttle you to and from the beach.
There are some areas along the beach where no home are, example between Loch Arbor and Asbury Park, between Manasquan and Brielle. Find a parking spot in either of these towns and walk to those areas should be permitted.
We also have Island State Park south of Seaside Heights. It has a few miles of beach, they should open 1/4 of it to nudity at the south end.
I am sure other states have areas that can be opened up for nude sunbathing.
Wayne

This post was edited
RE: non-nude beaches

Gunnison Beach is not close to South Jersey

This post was edited

I have been to a lot of nude beaches and have been nude on non-nude beaches. While my purpose for being nude on the non-nude beaches is not to offend those that are on the beach (I try not to be right in their face about it) I also feel that we, as nudists, have to stop hiding in resorts and secluded areas but come out and make ourselves known. We do exist and we should have areas (marked if need be) where we can be nude. To accomplish this goal we often have to push the envelope a bit. Being nude should not be a crime

This post was edited
All good points!

There are a few "legal", a few "tolerated" and even some "traditionally" naked beaches on Long Island NY. Recently, we were at a traditionally naked beach on Fire Island where isolated couples and singles have been nude for near ever... however this trip, a park ranger stopped by and advised us that we were in an area "technically" we are to be clothed. Even with multiple enforcement angencies we always see driving up and down the beach this is the first time anyone has said anything in the 20 plus years we have been going there. The ranger was very cool gave us some pointers and told us to enjoy the rest of the day. I think that the problem besides the obvious... is that there are just lots more people everywhere and as noted previously it only takes one to complain and make your day not so pleasant.
M&J

This post was edited

I live near a beach that was part of a state park. The very far end of the beach that wasn't easly accessable was used by a small number of nudist. The state park rangers policy was tht as long as it was discreate and they recieved no complaints they wouldn't bother the nudist. They made it clear they would act on any complaint. Well it went on like that for years with no problems until some of the local perverts discovered the area. The complaints came from the nudist about the perverts, but was enough for the park rangers to say they would enforce all laws and basicaly shut the nude use down. So it's difficult for nudist to co exsist on a non nude beach even when the nudist do everything possible to cause no problems for other users. Good luck with the beach you are using and hope it works out but be aware that the there are likely to be problems that will be out of your control.

This post was edited