RE: Why Not Nude?

If the resort is a nudist resort, nudity should be required.
At a clothing optional resort, the patrons can chose as they wish. I've been to dinner at a resort where the majority were dressed. I knew it was optional so felt quite normal naked even though the majority were clothed, I knew they would not mind. I found it liberating to go everywhere naked regardless how others dressed.
Some people like the choice. I'm comfortable at either type of resort.

This post was edited

I do not understand why it should be required. If I want to be nude I will be but I have no right to tell someone they must be if they are not comfortable. This evening we went to dinner at Cypress Cove and probably 25%-30% were nude but many were not. Why? As evening set in it got cool. I heard a number talking about how they were cold including my wife who needed to put something on to be able to go to dinner and not be 'freezing'. Others said they had plans offsite after dinner and I'm sure some had other reasons. Other times my wife will go nude. She didn't get fully dressed but needed something to be comfortable.

This post was edited

We are really on the fence with this issue and it often results in inflammatory responses when addressed. It's a nudist resort, so people are there to be nude. But.... No one should be forced to be nude or those that are uncomfortable with nudity at dinner won't be there at all. We lean toward the all nude, all the time, weather permitting argument, but can see the other side as well.

This post was edited

Here's a hint for the ladies who, for whatever reason, go to a nudist resort and do not want to disrobe. Nothing screams "Look at me, I'm NOT a nudist." more than wearing a one piece bathing suit. You will stand out like a giraffe in a heard of cows. If you want to remain a little less obvious, just wrap a towel around your self. If you're wearing a bathing suit or not, it won't be obvious that you are not a nudist.

This post was edited

Maybe a positive to this argument would be that the non nudists would become comfortable around nudists. And with that maybe through time laws on nudism would be relaxed as people are less offended or afraid.

This post was edited

I will see women with wraps that they pull up and around themselves when they leave the pool area, then sit somewhere else, and sometimes open it, or sit with it closed. No reason for why or not,,,they can be indoor or outdoors. The thin 'sarong' or wrap acts as their decency towel to sit upon, but so many times also becomes a total body cover if at a picnic table or for dining indoors. Men just arrive naked, toss down a towel for their hairy butt side, and enjoy the group or location in the nude nearly 24 hours a day at our resort. Dances the same way. Women in a sarong around waist, maybe topless. Men just out there on the dance floor flinging that penis in all directions as it flap-slaps loudlyfrom thigh to thigh as they dance. Seems a bit one sided I'd say.
Stphane Deschnes wrote an interesting article on the sarong:

1. https://www.blog.bareoaks.ca/2014/08/the-sarong-destroyer-of-naturist-worlds.html
  2. And I quote: "Another element of textile mentality is the provocative tease. While it may not be the intention of the woman wearing a sarong, that aspect quickly manifests itself. As she walks, her legs are intermittently exposed, and occasional glimpses of her hidden body are revealed through the wraps slit. As naturists know, and many textiles will agree, partial exposure is far more erotic than complete nudity.
    While the majority of women wrapped the sarongs only around their waists, some were wrapping their entire bodies. This is clearly a sign of further expansion in the redevelopment of body shame."

1. Whether one agrees or not on the adverse ramifications of the wearing of the sarong, I've personally just come to accept it as a "staple" of the C/O culture. Which is why I'm partial to the nuderesort culture, wherethe sarong is rendered "superfluous." As I've witnessed myself,the predominance of unclad womenis a natural deterrent to the wearing of the sarong. On the other hand, a predominance of sarong-clad women can deterother women from being completely nude.

1. I was at a club get-togetheronce that lasted well into the evening, where merriment and drinking induced a party atmosphere. One woman was very reluctant to part with her coverage. With a little encouragement and support with all the nude peoplethere, she opted to part with her sarong and no longer be the only covered person there.

1. That kind of "nude spirit" is scarce in the C/O environment, hence the prevalence of the "dreaded" sarong.

This post was edited

Before our first trip to Club Orient, my wife bought an opaque
sarong to wear to dinner and dancing at night. On our first nude
cruise she bought two sheer ones. These sheer ones hide NOTHING.
She still wears the sheer ones to dinners and dancing, but has
mostly retired the opaque one. For all intents and purposes she is
nude, but she gets to feel like she is more modest in the indoor
evening setting.
Getting that free glass of wine at the Lakeside was enough for her to take off the sheer sarong, so the bribery angle does work!

This post was edited

Many of us on here feel the same way Julia, But alas we are such a small minority in the prudish world of ours.

This post was edited

Before our first trip to Club Orient, my wife bought an opaquesarong to wear to dinner and dancing at night. On our first nudecruise she bought two sheer ones. These sheer ones hide NOTHING.She still wears the sheer ones to dinners and dancing, but hasmostly retired the opaque one. For all intents and purposes she isnude, but she gets to feel like she is more modest in the indoorevening setting.Getting that free glass of wine at the Lakeside was enough for her to take off the sheer sarong, so the bribery angle does work!
I was at St Mart. in February. My GF brought adress/wrap, which providesminimal coverage since it is intended to be worn over a bathingsuit.

1. We went to Club O. and she decided towear the dress/wrap sans bikini atPapagayo. And since the "bra" part of the outfit is very loose, well her breasts were hanging out of the sides in a"sideboobeffect." Not to mention that the outfit wasso short that part of her bottom was showing as well. There were a few nude women sitting close by; and personally, I thought her getup was much more "distracting" than these women'scomplete nudity. She stated that she felt much more comfortable with a "little something on." Her comfort matteredmoreto me than her"peek-a-boo" effect so I was ok with that. But I think itwas more of apsychologicalthing/crutch; sinceher outfit left very little (or too much)to the imagination, and she would have blended in a lot better had she just gone nude.

Thanks.But it's not about being prudish. :)It's about us nudist who sometimes get bent out of shape if everyone is not nude.I long for a time, and I think it would be quite pleasurable, to have nudism be mixed.So even at nudist resort, some could be dressed and some not. People would have the right (and encouragement) to be dressed. And People would have the right (and encouragement) to be nude.Being mixed in this way would a good thing.I'm not against the idea; but personally Ifeel that the day nudity is legal in the textile world, it might make sense to make nudismmore C/O. But since I can't go for a walk in the park nude, I prefer to be in a nudist environment where clothing is shunned. But that's just me! ;)

This post was edited

I agree with you.If I am going to drive for 3 hours to go to the resort,I am going to be nude the whole time I am there.If you are going to stay dressed why go to a nudist resort?Being nude in the sunshine is my way of relaxing.

This post was edited