there. Dances are so much more fun when everyone is nude. There is
no subconscious grouping into who's nude and who's not. The dances
on the nude cruises usually start out mostly clothed (people have
to dress in the dining room anyway). But since the dances can run
to 2-3am, if you stay late enough the clothes come off there,
too.

This post was edited
RE: Why Not Nude?

The "nude" cruise is where we expected everyone to be nude most of the time (dinner excluded). We read about people hardly waiting for the announcement that the shore officials were off the boat and it was time to get naked. The reality wasn't quite that way. The 2016 cruise was on a Celebrity ship and that upscale line provided two bathrobes per cabin. Basically, the ship looked like a floating geriatric ward! It got so bad that Barry put up signs at the theater entrances saying "no bathrobes". They were largely ignored. (Carnival is hosting the cruise for the next two years and I don't believe they provide robes.) The pool deck was really the only place onboard where the majority were nude most of the time. After dinner, we dumped our clothes and went nude to the shows and then to the lounges and we were definitely in the minority.

This post was edited

Yes I remember the hoards of white robes walking around on the 2015 Cruise as well. Geriatric ward does describe that sight well.
If dances went till 2-3am we couldn't tell you. We can't make it past 11pm these days.

This post was edited

Yes I remember the hoards of white robes walking around on the 2015 Cruise as well. Geriatric ward does describe that sight well.If dances went till 2-3am we couldn't tell you. We can't make it past 11pm these days.I had the misfortune of being sick as a dog for about four of the ten days of the cruise in 2016. At our stop in San Juan my only activity was to head for a drug store to stock up on meds. My dance card for the 2-3 am shift was definitely empty. Even after I recovered I didn't stay up much past 11. On debarkation day I overheard someone talking about everyone being naked at the dances the night before. Not going on the 2017 cruise, but we've already booked 2018. I'm thinking of pre-medicating for that one. Gotta say though, dancing naked is one of the greatest pleasures in life.

This post was edited

The "nude" cruise is where we expected everyone to be nude most of the time (dinner excluded). We read about people hardly waiting for the announcement that the shore officials were off the boat and it was time to get naked. The reality wasn't quite that way. The 2016 cruise was on a Celebrity ship and that upscale line provided two bathrobes per cabin. Basically, the ship looked like a floating geriatric ward! It got so bad that Barry put up signs at the theater entrances saying "no bathrobes". They were largely ignored. (Carnival is hosting the cruise for the next two years and I don't believe they provide robes.) The pool deck was really the only place onboard where the majority were nude most of the time. After dinner, we dumped our clothes and went nude to the shows and then to the lounges and we were definitely in the minority.We had robes in 2013 on the Carnival Freedom. The only time I saw lots of robes that cruise was the last night down by the Atrium bar. Some kind of tradition we heard about, so we joined in. We did hear there were lots at the shows in the theater, but we don't really go to the theater that often on cruises. In 2015 (same ship as 2016), I don't remember that many bathrobes at all, but I guess it depends on where you are on the ship. We were at the aft bar on the Lido deck as we were sailing out of port, and there were a few getting naked while we were still in the Ft. Lauderdale channel, before any announcement could have come. We did go to the theater for the comedian in 2015 and saw some robes, but there were nude folks as well. Both were the minority to those who were dressed. I'm with you, the clothes come off right after dinner before we head to the nightclub. We generally skip the shows and get some pool/hot tub time before the dances start.

This post was edited
Why not nude in nude venue

Yes. I have the same feeling about being pressured to dine dressed at a nudist facility. If I am persistant i will carry out all my meals naked, even when there are performing acts. I come there for the 24/7 nude experience.

But when I do I am always in the minority, sometimes you get some followers when you keep coming naked.

Must be plenty of reasons to get dressed but maybe a napkin on your naked lap, is not naked either?

This post was edited
RE:Why Not Nude?

Looking for resorts where this isn't common.

Well, LOTW in IN is one.

The last time I posted we hadn't been there yet. After a couple of trips to LOTW, my wife decided to "give up" her sarong and instead choose to get naked and lock up her clothes right after checking in; after getting comfortable with the fact that nearly everyone went nude there - and figuring she might as well do the same.

People there, by a wide margin, do choose to stay naked "after hours." If it's a bit chilly you might see a sarong or two; and my wife might choose to pull her cover-up out of the car. But it's a knitted cover-up that she leaves open anyway; as the purpose is to stay warm and not to "hide."

In my opinion is that it is "as it should be"; but I do understand that not everyone is into staying naked that long into the day/night. That's why there are C/O resorts.

This post was edited
RE:Why not nude in nude venue

Yes. I have the same feeling about being pressured to dine dressed at a nudist facility. If I am persistant i will carry out all my meals naked, even when there are performing acts. I come there for the 24/7 nude experience.But when I do I am always in the minority, sometimes you get some followers when you keep coming naked.Must be plenty of reasons to get dressed but maybe a napkin on your naked lap, is not naked either?

We've visited many resorts and clubs where we've gotten raised eyebrows or stern looks from other "nudists" because we were naked in the dining area. Each time we visit a new place, and this happens, we ask if we should be dressed while dining. Each time we've been told that we can dine nude and in actuality, we are the ones dining appropriately attired for a nude resort. Obviously, clothing optional resorts and clubs are different but even then, we chose the option of being naked.

This post was edited

People there, by a wide margin, do choose to stay naked "after hours." If it's a bit chilly you might see a sarong or two; and my wife might choose to pull her cover-up out of the car. But it's a knitted cover-up that she leaves open anyway; as the purpose is to stay warm and not to "hide.".

I'm naked as much as possible. Even with my obsession for being nude, it can get chilly enough to have to slip on something for warmth. Di, would prefer to be naked all the time but needs to be careful in the sun and gets chilled easily. Her cover ups allow her to remain naked as possible without sacrificing comfort and warmth! ;DD We've always lived by the motto; "naked when possible, clothed when practical."

This post was edited

I'm naked as much as possible. Even with my compulsion for being nude, it can get chilly enough to have to slip on something for warmth.

Same here, Andy. I will stay naked until I'm literally shivering. I think of it as "dedication" rather than "obsession" lol!!

As far as "after hours" coverage, I certainly would not tell people what to wear or how to wear it. I would simply ask what their choice of garment is communicating to others. Because in my experience, just a couple of women (or men) wrapped up might cause other people to hesitate staying naked; and before long only the more dedicated nudists (which are usually fewer) are the only ones nude. And they then become the "odd ones" rather than the "normal ones." It doesn't make sense for nudists to feel "out of place" staying naked at a nudist venue.

Liz became aware of this fact during a stay at a nudist B&B last year. We were first for breakfast, and one woman came up wearing a long chemise. And it gave her pause; making her feel as if she perhaps shouldn't be nude at the table either. The woman eventually took off her chemise, as she herself did not want to be the only person fully covered while everyone else was nude.
With the understanding that if she received that signal, she might send the same signal herself, Liz specifically set out to shop for a cover-up that could keep her warm while being minimally covered. She came up with a cover-up similar to the link below; except she will leave it open. That way she is keeping warm while sending the "signal" that she is still very much "pro-naked."

Again I would never tell what people can and can't wear. There are many options out there besides Liz's crochet cover-up. It's just a thought.

https://creamofthecropcrochet.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/Beachy-Cover-up.jpg

This post was edited