RE: Why Not Nude?

I'm sorry it took me this long to see this thread.

We live in Ivor at White Tail Resort, and yes, clothing optional is not how we do it here. I have heard it was a vote by the board here to be a nudist resort and we are very, very glad. There are still some members who don't adhere to the policy strictly, but we are a live & let live sort. Even when it's too warm for such covering, you'll see the errant person wearing something away from their home, rental unit or campsite. It's so silly. We're the polar opposite of that action at our household, sometimes even when the polar temperatures are in control. Not today though! We love December weather like this, sixties all week during the day, yay!!

Why do some still feel they have a right to wear something here, a place specifically for nudism? Be it stubbornness, self-absorption, forgetfulness (the average age member here is getting up there), it happens, but the bare butts rule the roost and we've got no worry about that fact changing, ever. We've been described as more of a drinking resort with a nudism problem - butt that ain't no problem. Double negatives aside, bring your vanilla Crown Royal and join us! Please leave your clothes in the car unless it's the weather, and keep a towel for your tushy handy.

This post was edited

Please leave your clothes in the car unless it's the weather, and keep a towel for your tushy handy.

Do some of the people who are there for a few days or less just bring in personal care supplies and towels and leave all clothes in their cars?

This post was edited

For overnight or extended stays, I think a lot of people like to check-in dressed, then carry their stuff to their rental BEFORE getting naked. That's also how my wife and I do it. After all, if we're going to be naked there for several days, what's the big rush?

This post was edited

Perhaps just the idea of having no clothing in your possession while you are there.

This post was edited

Perhaps just the idea of having no clothing in your possession while you are there.

I've done that a few times but, it's those times that you think you'll not need them, and something happens, and you really do need some. I have a small bag of emergency clothes in the back of my Jeep and now have one in the back of my wife's Jeep. These are more earthquake emergency clothes. We sleep naked always. Should we need to exit the house and pull a car out, we have clothes and shoes to put on. While driving to and back from our club, I left without any clothing at all. I didn't need to check in because I was a Gold Seal member, at the time, and had a electronic key to open the gate. I was checked in electronically and didn't have to pay day fees. It was like being a resident.

In the event of an emergency, I had clothes in the bag I could have used, if needed. After doing this a few times, I decided that exiting the car naked to get to the clothes bag may not be possible or it would get the cops coming to harass me. Also, the fact that crawling over seats into the back cargo space, to get to the clothes bag, was getting more difficult, I take minimal clothing and keep them on the passenger seat or back seat. A lot of things I was doing to prove some idea that being and naked and reckless was somehow making me more a nudist than the next guy, it was really not really proving anything.

Back on topic: Though we prefer nude mandatory places, my wife has to be careful in the sun. Some management and residents, at nude mandatory places, seem to have an issue with those that have had enough sun exposure and slip something on to cover. For our club, we typically dress minimally or naked (me). I check in with just some mesh shorts and flip flops, my wife in a sundress. We drive to a parking spot, exit the vehicle and take them off. For the drive home, I typically drive home naked, and she'll slip on my Hawaiian shirt I took but never wore.

Overnighters: at our club we are always in our motorhome. Same check in procedure but once back inside the motorhome, I strip off the shorts. We find our spot, she gets naked, and we set up our spot. At resorts, we're usually dressed. There are almost always stops at various places along the way from home to our destination. Clothes on and off and back on isn't worth it.

At our club, we've noticed that many, many more people, typically the residents, are dressed more than they are nude, and they seem to be the ones that complain about day use members and guests being clothed. The idea of clothing optional, at clubs and resorts, has changed. Clothing Optional was supposed to be an adjustment period. Nowadays, it seems it fosters voyeurism IMO.

This post was edited

Andy Di,

Seeing you mention the jeep reminded me. Have you tried driving the jeep with clothing roof and doors all off for the ultimate experience?

This post was edited

by AndyDi:

A lot of things I was doing to prove some idea that being and naked and reckless was somehow making me more a nudist than the next guy, it was really not really proving anything.

Yes. Do it for yourself if you wish but, like you said, it doesn't make your more of less of a nudist. I occasionally enjoy challenging myself but it doesn't necessarily mean anything beyond that except, perhaps, for a good story to share on TN. :-)

There are almost always stops at various places along the way from home to our destination. Clothes on and off and back on isn't worth it.

Yep. Shirts aren't to bad, I imagine dresses are close but shorts (or worse, jeans) push the hassle factor up, especially for short distances. Longer distances are more attractive!

This post was edited

Shirts are even easier because, at least for males, there are very few places where you can't get out of the car first and put it on afterwards.

This post was edited

It is almost as common to see a guy driving shirtless as to see one wearing a shirt. Here in So Cal, especially, it's something we see most of the time, except for this past couple of weeks where it's been so cold, windy and rainy. I drive without a shirt quite a bit.

This post was edited

There are almost always stops at various places along the way from home to our destination. Clothes on and off and back on isn't worth it.Yep. Shirts aren't to bad, I imagine dresses are close but shorts (or worse, jeans) push the hassle factor up, especially for short distances. Longer distances are more attractive!

There was a time when I drove naked always. If I had several errands to run, I strip and redress each and every stop. Nowadays, I take a route that is the nearest to home to the furthest from home. When I'm done at my last stop and furthest from home, that's when I strip. It usually involves two last stops while naked; Starbucks drive thru or fast food drive thru. Best part is having my wife greet me naked in the garage to help me with drinks and food! ;DDD

This post was edited