RE:Why Not Nude?

I've only really done it when going to and from the beach, although a (night) drive in my new-old Miata is on the bucket list. At least the summer weather appears to be kicking-in now where I am.

Shirtless is not really a thing here, but perhaps I'm just not looking around enough. :-)

This post was edited

At my local club, the restaurant is only open during the summer months. Most people eat by the pool fully nude. The only club I have been to with a true dining room is Mira Vista. When I did eat there, I was nude but most came dressed. Same with the bar at night. Most were dressed when they arrived but some undressed sometime during the evening.

It didnt bother me. I was just glad that no one cared that I was nude.

This post was edited

I've only really done it when going to and from the beach, although a (night) drive in my new-old Miata is on the bucket list. At least the summer weather appears to be kicking-in now where I am.Shirtless is not really a thing here, but perhaps I'm just not looking around enough. :-)

It isn't common here either, except in beach towns, but I do it anyway. I don't like to wear more clothing than necessary and shirts aren't necessary in cars or most outdoor locations in warm weather. I also walk, bike and do most of my warm weather yard work shirtless. I don't put one on at home for tradesman, delivery people or frequent visitors.

This post was edited

I've only really done it when going to and from the beach, although a (night) drive in my new-old Miata is on the bucket list. At least the summer weather appears to be kicking-in now where I am.Shirtless is not really a thing here, but perhaps I'm just not looking around enough. :-)

Back in '98, we owned a Chrysler Sebring convertible. It was my wife's car. She never drove it with the top down. On occasion, I'd take it to work and to the dealer for maintenance. It was difficult to drive in naked with the top down, but I did still drive it naked with the top as extra coverage.

We had a few occasions to drive in it naked with the top down. It was almost always at night. She never was completely naked but would wear one of my Hawaiian shirts that looked more like a short dress on her. She always brought along a sundress and up in the central coast, we'd fine back country roads to drive on. One time, we passed a house with a big rottweiler, and it began chasing us down the road. Not sure what was funnier, the dog chasing us or my wife trying to slip into her sundress with the seat belt on. Not sure why she decided to slip it on. It wasn't like the dog was going to catch us, and it wasn't as though we needed to make a run for it. Besides, I was still naked! ;D

This post was edited

At my local club, the restaurant is only open during the summer months. Most people eat by the pool fully nude. The only club I have been to with a true dining room is Mira Vista. When I did eat there, I was nude but most came dressed. Same with the bar at night. Most were dressed when they arrived but some undressed sometime during the evening.It didnt bother me. I was just glad that no one cared that I was nude.

One of the things that has always puzzled me is that there are nudists that have an issue with people eating naked, even at nudist resort and club restaurants. At our club, we have a Cafe. It's small but nearly everyone eating inside, and outside is naked. The only coverage is usually a sarong on a couple women and the occasion man.

I always relay a story about a 3 night stay at Caliente about 10-12 years ago. It was finally warm enough for us be exit the hotel room completely naked and head over to the restaurant for breakfast. It had been cool in the mornings and evenings, so we took advantage and grabbed towels to sit on and headed over. When we got to the restaurant, we were the only couple completely naked. A few other couples were completely dressed, and a few others were in robes, sarongs or cover ups. We got quite a few raised eyebrows, harsh looks and we thought we weren't supposed to be nude in the restaurant. We asked the young lady serving us and she said, "nah, you're undressed appropriately for a nude resort. These other people are just weird!" :DDD

This post was edited

I could see that some may think it's more hygienic, but that's perception rather than reality, if expect. Would you hands necessarily be cleaner because you're chose to wear clothes? Not necessary so! I can see how others may feel that though.

If an area is CO, why not take advantage of it? :-)

I wonder the same about the guys who keep their Speedos on at the CO beach. They could confidently wear them at any beach in Australia, even if other countries may be more conservative. Perhaps it's the vibe of the location they enjoy, perhaps they like to check out the less-dressed others, and maybe the males on balance, given all the cues. I continue to strip at the sign (or perhaps on the wrong side of it) partly as a statement of dedication of exercising the option in CO.

This post was edited

I could see that some may think it's more hygienic, but that's perception rather than reality, if expect. Would you hands necessarily be cleaner because you're chose to wear clothes? Not necessary so! I can see how others may feel that though.If an area is CO, why not take advantage of it? :-)I wonder the same about the guys who keep their Speedos on at the CO beach. They could confidently wear them at any beach in Australia, even if other countries may be more conservative. Perhaps it's the vibe of the location they enjoy, perhaps they like to check out the less-dressed others, and maybe the males on balance, given all the cues. I continue to strip at the sign (or perhaps on the wrong side of it) partly as a statement of dedication of exercising the option in CO.
I agree with what you said. However, I understand why some people wear something to a nude beach that would not be allowed on most other beaches, in the US, bottom only for women or g strings for either gender.

This post was edited
RE: Why Not Nude?

I occasionally enjoy challenging myself but it doesn't necessarily mean anything beyond that except, perhaps, for a good story to share on TN. :-)

Personal "nudist challenges" can also be a tool for personal development and positive influence.

I've talked before about my days going to Bell Acres, and observing that while I was there, almost everyone checking in dressed. I asked the manager - with whom I had developed a rapport - if it was actually resort policy. She told me that it actually wasn't; it simply had become common practice. So I asked her if I could just check in naked; and she said she didn't see a reason not to. So the next time I came, I did exactly that; left my clothes in the car and walked in the office naked (with my then-wife). I can't say that we started a trend; but I did notice that after that I started seeing more people undressing in the parking lot and checking in naked too.

And then some personal challenges didn't work for me. For example driving nude. I personally didn't feel it added anything to my nudist experience. But that's just me. And at least I know because I tried it. I would still recommend anyone try it and find out for themselves.

The "extended nudity" my wife Liz and I frequently practice was a result of Liz setting a personal challenge for herself. We'd be doing day trips for a while, and she wanted to see what effect having no option of covering up for a day or two would have on her confidence. So we went to a nudist B&B for 3 days. What was supposed to be an experiment for her turned into the realization that after a day or two naked, she wasn't even thinking about clothes anymore. Which had a tremendous positive impact on our nudist life, as she transitioned from a C/O preference to an "all nude" preference.

Anyway, my point is that challenges can be meaningful. I think the key is to not fall into the "trap' of compulsive challenges; which sometimes are more about "competition" or even "thrill seeking" than personal development. My first wife Shelly would sometimes "do things", like walking naked from the car into the house (we parked on the street) after riding home naked from the resort. Sure it was dark...but she was still naked walking through our front yard! It was a short phase in her life - but I think her proving her "naked confidence" wasn't necessary in that manner. Just my opinion.

This post was edited

I occasionally enjoy challenging myself but it doesn't necessarily mean anything beyond that except, perhaps, for a good story to share on TN. :-)Personal "nudist challenges" can also be a tool for personal development and positive influence.I've talked before about my days going to Bell Acres, and observing that while I was there, almost everyone checking in dressed. I asked the manager - with whom I had developed a rapport - if it was actually resort policy. She told me that it actually wasn't; it simply had become common practice. So I asked her if I could just check in naked; and she said she didn't see a reason not to. So the next time I came, I did exactly that; left my clothes in the car and walked in the office naked (with my then-wife). I can't say that we started a trend; but I did notice that after that I started seeing more people undressing in the parking lot and checking in naked too.And then some personal challenges didn't work for me. For example driving nude. I personally didn't feel it added anything to my nudist experience. But that's just me. And at least I know because I tried it. I would still recommend anyone try it and find out for themselves.The "extended nudity" my wife Liz and I frequently practice was a result of Liz setting a personal challenge for herself. We'd be doing day trips for a while, and she wanted to see what effect having no option of covering up for a day or two would have on her confidence. So we went to a nudist B&B for 3 days. What was supposed to be an experiment for her turned into the realization that after a day or two naked, she wasn't even thinking about clothes anymore. Which had a tremendous positive impact on our nudist life, as she transitioned from a C/O preference to an "all nude" preference.Anyway, my point is that challenges can be meaningful. I think the key is to not fall into the "trap' of compulsive challenges; which sometimes are more about "competition" or even "thrill seeking" than personal development. My first wife Shelly would sometimes "do things", like walking naked from the car into the house (we parked on the street) after riding home naked from the resort. Sure it was dark...but she was still naked walking through our front yard! It was a short phase in her life - but I think her proving her "naked confidence" wasn't necessary in that manner. Just my opinion.
Did you both leave all your clothes in the car when you were at the B&B?

This post was edited

They get left in the room after we settle in.

We'll get dressed again if we have dinner plans in town; but otherwise we are naked whenever on the premises.

If it's chilly in the morning or evening my wife will put on a short Turkish bathrobe; but then she leaves it completely open. At the dinner table she'll slip it off to eat with our hosts/other guests. But otherwise, it's naked the entire time we're there. Except for the short stroll between our car after parking and the house.

This post was edited