RE: Why Not Nude?

By nudony:

Personal "nudist challenges" can also be a tool for personal development and positive influence.

Yeah, I guess that's where some of my challenges lie.

And then some personal challenges didn't work for me. For example driving nude. I personally didn't feel it added anything to my nudist experience. But that's just me. And at least I know because I tried it. I would still recommend anyone try it and find out for themselves.

That was a challenge for me. Whatever kind of challenge it was at the start, it left me understanding that I enjoy it best when I can roll the windows down and enjoy the airflow at freeway speeds. In traffic and with pedestrians around I enjoy keeping my little secret to myself (mostly) while being within their midst. It's somewhat a part of the trip to the CO beach. A trip to another destination does not have me automatically thinking about that option. Doing it in my convertible is less fun due to the heightened risk of being seen, but I probably need to explore that option more and see how it can work for me.

Trying to walk in local parklands after dark was a challenge at first, but even on the first attempt became an enjoyable experience for its own sake, only with the proviso that I try to avoid running into anyone not expecting it.

Anyway, my point is that challenges can be meaningful. I think the key is to not fall into the "trap' of compulsive challenges; which sometimes are more about "competition" or even "thrill seeking" than personal development. My first wife Shelly would sometimes "do things", like walking naked from the car into the house (we parked on the street) after riding home naked from the resort. Sure it was dark...but she was still naked walking through our front yard! It was a short phase in her life - but I think her proving her "naked confidence" wasn't necessary in that manner.

There's also room for thrill-seeking just for the sake of it. Perhaps by going closer than usual to that streetlight at the end of the parkland trail. Usually it's in my choice of attire between the carpark and the CO section of the beach. Thong through a busy carpark as a male? Sarong-as-a-toga with nothing beneath? Tan-through fabrics, even if the metal shines through? Nude for a part of the trail on the 'wrong' sauce of the sign? All fun, even if it's nothing more than that.

This post was edited

What was supposed to be an experiment for her turned into the realization that after a day or two naked, she wasn't even thinking about clothes anymore. Which had a tremendous positive impact on our nudist life, as she transitioned from a C/O preference to an "all nude" preference.

What you described can be an enlightening experience. IMO the more simple nudity is practiced the more natural becomes. Learning to just BE clothes free as a natural part of everyday life can be liberating when it evolves from being challenge to just being.

This post was edited

What you described can be an enlightening experience. IMO the more simple nudity is practiced the more natural becomes. Learning to just BE clothes free as a natural part of everyday life can be liberating when it evolves from being challenge to just being.

When people "pick and choose" where they're going to be naked and/or who they're going to be naked around; I think it takes something away from the experience. When you leave all your clothes behind and take a chance on being vulnerable, it can be extremely rewarding in terms self-acceptance. It's ok if it's a bit of a struggle. Because it's through the struggle that we grow. Once fear has been dealt with; that's when true freedom manifests itself. It's worth it.

This post was edited

I have practice nudity for sometime and it has became very natural and I have no problem in getting naked where it is acceptable. I have been to a clothing optional resort and get naked once inside. It puzzles me when I see some of the guys wearing jock straps while laying around the pool with other guys that are totally naked. I understand that its clothing optional but nudity is the main reason for many that are there who are looking for a safe place to exercise their freedom in being naked.

This post was edited

I have practice nudity for sometime and it has became very natural and I have no problem in getting naked where it is acceptable. I have been to a clothing optional resort and get naked once inside. It puzzles me when I see some of the guys wearing jock straps while laying around the pool with other guys that are totally naked. I understand that its clothing optional but nudity is the main reason for many that are there who are looking for a safe place to exercise their freedom in being naked.

Since there are very few places where a male can wear a jock or thong in public, maybe they are exercising their freedom to wear less than they can elsewhere, even if they are not nude.

This post was edited

There may be a reluctant partner at a CO beach or resort, while its generally the woman who is less eager to get naked, we have seen the reverse quite a few times.

Often at the beach we would see a nude woman walking with a dressed male, he only stripping when they found a place to settle. Only once have we encountered a reluctant male at a resort, his wife was naked everywhere all the time, but he would only get naked once he was at the pool. The fact that he was English and his wife German may have been a factor.

This post was edited

I go to Gunnison frequently and see more clothed women with nude men than the other way around. I do remember one incident where a couple set up near me and she stripped nude and he stayed in long board shots. I was nude as usual when I am there. We got talking and I found out that she had just asked him if he wanted to go to the beach, without telling him it was clothing optional. He did eventually drop the shorts.

This post was edited

I go to Gunnison frequently and see more clothed women with nude men than the other way around.

That's been my experience as well at most nudist venues.

But indeed, sometimes it's the other way around. My wife and I were at a nudist venue a few weeks ago; and met another (older) couple. It soon became clear that they were on different levels of "naked confidence." The wife was openly naked the entire time; while the husband shifted between nudity, a bathrobe, and a T-shirt; depending on the level of socialization. After we'd chatted for a bit, my suspicion was confirmed: she was the "driving force" behind social nudism. She had been thinking about nudism for a long time; and when they became empty nesters, she immediately decided to embark on her nudist journey. Her husband supported it; although he was not quite "on her level" of comfort being completely naked around other people.

In most of the cases I've encountered where the woman was the "driving force"; it was generally either of two things: she grew up nudist and was the one to introduce her partner; or she had experienced nudism through a previous relationship, and had decided to resume social nudity with her current partner.

This post was edited