RE: Driving in the Nude

I'm a seasoned nude driver. No shirt, no pants, no shoes. And usually the top down!
I'm lucky enough to live in South Florida. Where the weather is naked-friendly year 'round. Also, a shirtless guy in a convertible is the norm. So I take advantage of that!
I often drive 100% naked from Miami to Tampa, to Orlando, to Cocoa Beach. And, if the weather permits, top down. (I've owned only convertibles since 1985.) I love the reaction from truckers. (although, I do cover with a handy sarong if a bus passes by... That could present a problem.)
One day while driving up to Miami from Key West--yes, a weekend at a clothing optional guest house, I had the top down, my partner & I were both totally naked. I was driving a very fine piece of German Engineering about 90mph/145kmh on US1 up onto the Florida's Turnpike in Florida City. Around the bend leading the start of the Turnpike I see a Florida Highway Patrol Sargent with a radar gun and about twelve police cars.
He tags the cars with his radar gun and instructs the next cop to "go get 'em!" and, it was my turn... Naked. This beige & black Mustang Muscle Patrol Car pulls up behind me, then the lights start flashing. AARRGGHHHHHH.
As I'm struggling trying to get the sarong from protecting my back from the leather seat-back, he says on his PA, "Please step behind the vehicle.".
What? I can't get the sarong under me to cover my man-bits and he wants me to step out of the car? Cops NEVER want you out! They come to your window and harass you!
When I look in the rear-view mirror; he's preoccupied and not looking. So I step out onto the Turnpike, naked, wrap the sarong around my waist, step into my flip-flops and walk around the back of my car. His car was running and putting a lot of heat. Add the cars whizzing by, that makes my sarong blow up and exposing me to the world.
Well, this officer was the quintessential 'wet-dream' cop; 6'3"/190cm black cop with the sprayed-on tight beige uniform. Giant "V" broad shoulders down to a tiny tight waist. (get the picture?)
After a passing car blew my sarong up for the 3rd time, He said, "if I would have known you were naked, I wouldn't have asked you to get out!" ((blush))
He was now officially flirting.
I flirt back, get my citation, and we continue the drive to Miami. Pissed, but smiling.
The next day I was headed to Italy for a two-month work trip. So on the way to the airport I dropped the citation at my lawyer's office and fly-away. About 3-weeks later I get an e-mail from my lawyer and she asked me what I said to this officer? He wrote the entire ticket wrong! It had to be on purpose! Hehee
Sometimes it pays to drive naked!

This post was edited

Did a little nude driving inside the club yesterday, on our way out. Nice part of that is ... ya just keep going and head on home. Wife surprised me yesterday and did some semi nude riding. She told me she's looking forward to a naked drive in the motorhome. I'd better get working on those plans right away! Gives me an idea for another Kodak moment! LOL

This post was edited

I took my clothes off one time driving home from work and drove the back road home. I guess since I was just sitting, it didn't feel much different, kinda' like sleeping in the nude (those pants and shirts feel like just another sheet *shrugs*).

This post was edited

Drove home (to the hotel) from Drakes Ridge in IN to the Ft. Knox area, just decided when it was time to leave that it was not time to dress. I carried a towel up front to cover up with when I felt I needed to. I am planning on driving from Knox to central MO this next Thursday, Then from N Illinois to Knox on Monday. It makes the trip soooo much more relaxing.

This post was edited

Hot day today, in town ... 90+. Drove to do some errands and took the wife to the hair dresser. Came home, did some sunnin', then got the call to return and pick her up, drove through and got some lunch ... ALL naked drivin'! What a nice day! LOL

This post was edited

did the drive from Knox to Missouri, all Nude, 6 hrs of driving, St. Louis was a but nervous but got through it ok, it was 117 going across southern Indiana according to the therm on my vehicle, being nude made the ride so much nicer.

This post was edited

Yesterday ... I "rode" nude! LOL I had surgery on my right foot yesterday morning. Since I was given a general and it involved my driving foot ... I had to have my wife drive home. We got in the car and once the young nurse was outta sight ... off came the clothes. I still felt a little dressed though. My right foot was bandaged up and the seat belt. LOL

This post was edited

I love to drive nekid ! OnceI was in Atlanta, where 3 interstates meet and there is a lot of traffic. I was drivn' along with several truckers around me...and they can see down into my car very easily. I guess some of them got on their CB radios and all of a sudden, I see a highway patrolmen with his lights on behind me. I had my gym shorts handy and pulled them on "pronto" before he walked up to my window. He said, "I understand you've been driving naked and J.O." !...I just denied it and and said, "What ? Me...oh no, I wasn't doin' that" ! He just said, shyly..."Well, if you have to do that...just do it at home". No ticket... ! I guess he didn't want to have to show up in court and have to explain all that ! Ha Ha....that was a close one !

This post was edited

Have loved taking some time this morning to read through a number of posts. Thanks to all you brave and (clothes-)free nudists who take up the dare to drive as you are and share your stories: great reading!
I'm less daring than I was a decade or so ago -- it seems like the highways are more crowded ... and I expect the highway patrol to have little sense of humor about being naked, even in the "privacy" of one's own vehicle.
But I have fond memories of a trip down the PA turnpike, even staying naked to go through the tolls; and of going up and down the Jersey Turnpike, once after putting gas on at the northernmost rest stop on the Garden State Parkway and then going through the tolls, crossing the DELMEM Bridge and getting home: and because it was really late at night, I didn't even bother to put clothes on to go into my apartment. It might have been a rush, but more than anything it helped me to keep from falling asleep at the wheel ...
Now, if I'm on my way to a nudist resort I'll usually strip down at some point along the way; I've gotten pretty good at undressing while driving, though I plan ahead for doing that and wear as little as possible and make sure that the shorts and button down shirt are loose and baggy and easy to get off. I love being able to open the door and hop out the car, already as dressed as I need to be for the week-end.
One of my fantasies, though, is to go placidly down the highway in a Jeep Rubicon with the doors off and the top down, and wearing nothing but sunscreen, a smile, and the seat belt.
Drive naked, folks! And do tell us about it -- both the cautionary tales and the expressions of freedom.
Badger

This post was edited

So far, I have only done a little 4x4ing naked, once.We take an annual trip out to Death Valley. It's a guy's trip with their son's. On the second year, I went by myself, again. I don't have a son but have a grandson and he didn't start going until the 3rd annual trip. On the second annual trip, I asked my friend to borrow his 4x4 Internation Scout. He'd taken the top off before the trip so ... I jumped in and left the campsite. Once outta site, I stopped the Scout, got out and stripped, climbed back in and drove some of the dirt roads and up into one canyon. I was gone about an hour or more and on the way down and back to the campsite, I stopped and took my picture sitting naked onto of his car. That's the picture I currently have as my avatar. When I got back to the campsite I showed him the picture and he laughed but said ..."how come you didn't take me, I would have done that too!" We both talk about a naked driving trip out to Saline Valley Springs and camping naked for a few days. Hasn't happened yet, both of us real busy currently.

This post was edited