RE:"New Improved Format"

Encouraging development. I've just posted in a group and was able to upload a photo into the discussion post. Will try it here as well, for illustration purposes. (NOTE: I don't have nude pics stored on my computer at present, am posting a travel photo.)

This post was edited

I have been an application developer for almost 40 years.

What I would like to see with your comments is what are you using to get to the web site.

I have not had the problems most of you are citing. I use a Microsoft Surface Pro running Windows 10 using Chrome and a cellphone running Windows 8.1.

The web site now formats the pages better for the mobile device.

Please state if you are using a Windows PC, an Apple PC, an Android cellphone or tablet or an Apple cellphone or tablet. If you are using a PC, what browser are you using.

The problems may be with the way the device works with the web site.

If the developer knows what you are using then they may be able to reproduce the probem and fix it.

Bob

i

This post was edited
RE:"New Improved Format" change is sometimes a challenge

Like any change, it takes a while to unlearn old habits. The old format was very difficult yet some did not realize that because they just knew how to work with it.
The new format is a strong step in the right direction. It needed to be done.
Try not to be negative until you have given yourself time for a fair trial.

This post was edited

Please bring back the old non-beta setup. This setting is not user friendly. If it remains with the beta setup, I for one will not be renewing my membership.

This post was edited

I just got back on this site from a long time ago. The reason I'm actually still here is because the new format is actually usable on mobile.

I left because of that old shitty site, so to hear you guys whining about bringing it back is kind of hilarious. I guess I'll have to pay for a membership to counteract all the "truenudists" who can't figure out how to use a website

This post was edited
RE:RE- "New Improved Format"

This site has a long way to go before it is as good as the one it replaced. I'm in TN for the group discussions. When I post a reply to a discussion topic my reply just vanishes. What is the point?]!!!!

This is one of the most infuriating and time-wasting 'improvements', it's happened to me too Olly, approx 80-90% of the time I click on 'save changes/or similar' my response/message disappears into the TN ether. Because of the way that the new version of the site is coded I can't reload the page and retrieve what I've just typed as I can with the way that other sites are built either.

Referring to the above request for information on what those complaining here are using to access TN; if you put mobile phone platforms to one side, coding so as a site works on all of the main browsers is not such a big issue as it used to be say +10 years ago, so surely a reputable web designer/developer should be able to cope with building a site that more or less works from the off post-beta. I'm here today on Cyberfox with a lot of privacy and security plug-ins enabled, using proxies and a VPN, previously I got nowhere with that browser and the same settings after the re-launch, so there are changes happening behind the scene, principally changes that should have been made at the very latest while still in beta. I've also used Opera, Firefox, Konqueror, Epiphany and Vivaldi on Windows 7 and 10, Mac and various Linux flavours with variable degrees of success, varying from day to day, sometimes with an improved user experience, sometimes with a worse one compared to previous attempts to do basic things like log in. Please don't tell me that TN are taking us back 20 years or so and we have to use a certain browser to log-in and use the site, that was a time when you'd see 'optimised to work with IE' on some sites.

This post was edited

Made a new topic a few days ago in legal issues. Only has a "cancel" or "save changes" button. no "post" so it went nowhere. Didn't save anything either

This post was edited

Only has a "cancel" or "save changes" button. no "post" ...
It's a bit confusing but "save changes" is the equivalent of POST or SUBMIT.

Maybe someday "save changes" becomes POST OR SUBMIT and "Already a Member?" becomes "Member Login" or just "Sign In".

This post was edited
RE- "New Improved Format"

Hello... Testing... 1-2-3 ... Amazing... Looks like it's working here... Right now , this is the only place I can post anything... Tried several times to post in various groups... Sometimes a pop-up window would say... message posted successfully... Would you like to go back to the discussion? ...It didn't matter what I tried, no post ever appeared in the groups... I even switched from Chrome to Ice Dragon ... same result. Can anyone explain why this is happening? If I can post here, shouldn't it work everywhere?

Update: 5 hrs later... All my failed attempts have appeared for the one group I tried to post in today... but the edit button disappeared, so I can't delete the duplicates... Maybe it was never there... Is this a joke? ... This is really getting complicated. Quantum physics is starting to look simple compared to this. :-/

Update- 11.25.16 ... It now looks like my comments are posted about an hour after I click on the *save* button in my groups... but the *EDIT* button is no longer available, even for comments made before format change , so mistakes are THERE to stay, while edits here- in the forum- are still possible, as you can see.

Update 12.08.16 ... I tried, for the 1st time, to post a picture with a text comment, in a group... when I clicked on *save* I saw ... *You do not have appropriate permission to complete this action* ... then the software posted the comments twice and the pictures on only one of them... Tried to delete the extra one without the pix and got the message, again. So, we'll see if it disappears later. :-/

This post was edited

Is anyone else having a problem with the "Chat" room? I can't seem to get it to come up.

This post was edited