RE:"New Improved Format"

[. Why add in a useless and unfriendly upgrade?

Must have been designed by Trump supporters.

This post was edited

Checking if I can post in the forums. I can't in my groups.

I can't post to any of my groups either.

This post was edited

Don't necessarily want to go back to the old format, but this one really needs to be improved. I'd like to see the number of posts by an individual displayed again, would also like to go the to last page of a thread at the top of the page rather than being forced to the bottom first.

This post was edited
RE: New format

Like others here, I'm also finding the new format frustrating as well as super slow. It usually takes several days to get the bugs worked out, so I'm telling myself to just be patient. So far, when trying to respond to Forum Posts have gotten a message that I'm not authorized to do so, it also identifies me as "Textile" which is good for a laugh! On the positive side, it appears that we'll soon be able to include photos with our Forum posts--a definite improvement that's worth the wait.

This post was edited

I hate this new format. Too involved to navigate around. The older version was much easier. Since the change I haven't seen many new updates on my feed

This post was edited

Well Hello All! Glad to see the love for the new website lol. I apologize I haven't been more active in discussing the new site launch and it's fun little bugs. I've been trying to get the damn thing working right.

Unfortunately, while sites like facebook have giant staff and teams of engineers to beat and whip to make sure everything is perfect, My budget allows solely for a staff of me. So, I'm very sorry that the site is not in perfect running order, it's my fault and my fault solely.

The bug list is long, and I've obviously been trying to work on the big ones first, like the SSL issue today that was causing slow performance and timeouts. I'm back at work, and I'm going day and night to get all the fine tuning done.

The site will be fixed, the bugs will be worked out. Take a breath, the sky is not falling. I appreciate all of you, and the passion you have for this site. So I just wanted to let you know I'm here and I'm on it, I just beg for your patience.

This post was edited

I'm now textile and just joined? Heck, apparently everyone just joined and everything happened just now. Something philosophical there. LOL

This post was edited

Hmm, doesn't show me that. What timezone are you in? I've made a couple "corrections" to the time zone conversions that were messing up the forum dates.

This post was edited

On a positive note, site seems much faster today. Looking forward to the other bugs fading into the past.

This post was edited
RE: RE: RE: "New Improved Format"

Both sites are working fine for me.I've experienced this before. Each time a site, that I've been on, has changed formats, servers and all that other techy mumbo jumbo ... there's is an adjustment period. I'll just struggle through it, like before, and the bugs will get worked out.I consider myself "ol' school" but don't buy into the "good ol' days", "if it ain't broke, don't fix it", or any of those things negative to change. Life changes, times change, tech changes faster than we can adjust but ... that's the way it is and if you're on the internet ... you need to adjust to the quick changes! ;-)

If we stuck by the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" we would all be driving Model T's. It takes time to make something compatible to all systems and browsers. Patience, and this will soon be an insignificant memory.

This post was edited