RE:"New Improved Format"

Get ride of the pink before I puke and make the font biggerOK your trying to make it look like facebook . I am sick of it already

Fakebook has many imitators, the internet used to have a lot of innovations and variety, this site is just another sad imitator of an appalling website, you've hit the nail firmly and squarely on the head. TN needed sorting out, it didn't need to become a poorly functioning clone of Faceache

This post was edited
RE:RE- "New Improved Format"

... All my failed attempts have appeared for the one group I tried to post in today... but the edit button disappeared, so I can't delete the duplicates...

This should be at the bottom of all your posts. It is present in mine

If you don't have the edit/delete function at the bottom of your posts, here's an alternative way of DELETING GROUP POSTS.

1. Go to your profile
2. Look at your Feed. Your feed contains link to your posts. Click the one you want to DELETE.

3. It will take you to that group page. Your post will be Highlighted in BLUE and the EDIT and DELETE function available.
4. At the bottom of your post, you'll see DELETE.

This post was edited
RE:RE- "New Improved Format"

Hello... Testing... 1-2-3 ... Amazing... Looks like it's working here... Right now , this is the only place I can post anything... Tried several times to post in various groups... Sometimes a pop-up window would say... message posted successfully... Would you like to go back to the discussion? ...It didn't matter what I tried, no post ever appeared in the groups... I even switched from Chrome to Ice Dragon ... same result. Can anyone explain why this is happening? If I can post here, shouldn't it work everywhere?Update, 5 hrs later... All my failed attempts have appeared for the one group I tried to post in today... but the edit button disappeared, so I can't delete the duplicates... Maybe it was never there... Is this a joke? ... This is really getting complicated. Quantum physics is starting to look simple compared to this. :-/

I'm seeing an 'Edit' button in the group discussions today but not on the forum threads. It might help if the 'edit', 'save changes' etc buttons were highlighted better, they're only slightly off white in the browsers I use, I was told to consider users with poor eyesight when I was taught website design. There are other navigation issues mentioned here by users that could be improved by better use of colour.

"...shouldn't it work everywhere?" On some sites yes, on many others not necessarily so. In the past many sites would have used a fairly standard version of something like BBCode for text based parts of the site, today there are many more mark up languages available for coding discussion areas on sites from scratch and more WYSWYG software, so there are more possible outcomes and more reasons why there are differences.

This post was edited

I have been an application developer for almost 40 years.What I would like to see with your comments is what are you using to get to the web site.I have not had the problems most of you are citing. I use a Microsoft Surface Pro running Windows 10 using Chrome and a cellphone running Windows 8.1.The web site now formats the pages better for the mobile device.Please state if you are using a Windows PC, an Apple PC, an Android cellphone or tablet or an Apple cellphone or tablet. If you are using a PC, what browser are you using.The problems may be with the way the device works with the web site.If the developer knows what you are using then they may be able to reproduce the problem and fix it.Bob

I'm using a Hewlett Packard Envy running Windows 10 and am having good results with the new Format. The first few days I was having problems, but bit by bit the bugs are disappearing. Have been able to post/edit in Groups (although it still lists me as "Textile" sometimes).
Perhaps the light at the end of the Tunnel is that it appears we'll be able to include pics with our discussion posts, so we can refer to them as we post. (examples below) In addition, we can still add them to the Group photos, which gives some nice options for photo posting.

This post was edited

I like that we can now upload a picture to go with our post. All seems to be working fine for me now. I do have a couple of issues with moderating groups but that may be a policy issue from a higher pay grade. ;-)

This post was edited
RE- "New Improved Format"

Thanks Connor, for that detailed procedure . I think it worked. ... But it sure is a convoluted process. ...Also, I noticed there are two ways to access *My Feed* ... 1 in the *drop down* under my name, and 1 by clicking on the *Home* icon. Sometimes I get my friends updates and sometimes I get MY updates... but I can find what I want after a while. ... It's not nearly as simple as it was before, but at least it's possible.

BTW, I'm using an HP-PC 64 bit, with Windows 7 and typically use a Chrome browser ... or Comodo Ice Dragon as an alternate. My Legacy programs -- Win 98/Me-- were not compatible with W7 when I bought this PC, so I'm waiting for a while before I upgrade again to W-10, lest everything quits working again :-/

This post was edited

Though most of the new site is quite pleasing, I have been able to reliably "like" a post only once. Thus far, things have improved greatly since the new site was first rela=eased.

This post was edited

I noticed that almost all time stamps for various posts and activities (everything in My Feed) say "Just now", but later I found that this problem only occurs with Firefox on (Debian) Linux. Time stamps are OK with Firefox on Windows and Android, and with Chrome on the same Debian/Linux box.

This post was edited

It's terrible. Site should tell their webmaster to back out the change and return to the original format.

This post was edited

I noticed that almost all time stamps for various posts and activities (everything in My Feed) say "Just now", but later I found that this problem only occurs with Firefox on (Debian) Linux. Time stamps are OK with Firefox on Windows and Android, and with Chrome on the same Debian/Linux box.

I use windows 10 with IE11. Some places the timestamps work, but most say "just now"

John aka cobeachbum

This post was edited