RE: RE: RE: "New Improved Format"

I notice today that there are several things "fixed" that weren't working yesterday. Patience, people, patience.

This post was edited

I too noticed that some things that were not working yesterday do work today. I also noticed that some things that worked yesterday don't work today.

I've earned a living building and developing websites for a long time. I'm glad that I didn't have to rely on this 'upgrade' to provide a living.

What website would want to alienate the many free members who do contribute regularly - posts and photos, which lures in new paying members, TN monetises the free members contributions. Restricting free members to being able to view only 6 photos in a group, regardless of them actually contributing many of the same photos themselves, in effect banning them from being able to see the photos that they contributed(they don't own them once they're on here). I don't see that as a business plan that's been thought out for the long term. Potential new members are not likely to pay to join if they see this dogs dinner. Current paying members are not likely to renew a subscription to a website for dummies ( I feel sorry for people who have subscribed for the period that this non-functioning 'upgrade' screws them for their money). Free members are not likely to contribute things that they are prevented from seeing. That's a business plan for failure, surely?

The old TN had its non-functioning functions, but at least we had a good idea what they were after we'd used the site for a while. This version is a continuous guessing game, its Wednesday, therefore I need to use Plan K, that means Opera as the Browser with a,b,c and d plugins disabled, tomorrow it will be Chrome with plug-ins g,h,i and j enabled....

Fit for purpose? Not the purpose I thought TN was for!

Looking at the contributions to this forum discussion there are a lot of names that I recognise. People who contribute regularly and seriously to this site, I've read the whole discussion thread, there are a lot of sensible and reasoned posts here. This is a great example of how to alienate your core user group.

I feel sad that I felt compelled to say the above. I've appreciated the site, I'm a free user but having happily contributed posts and discussions, I knew that I was being used to keep the site ticking over, but I also met some good people, some I've met for real, some I count as good online friends. TN had a lot of potential to be a great networking site for nudists and those interested in nudism, as it currently stands its an exercise in how not to do things.

Rant over!

For now!

This post was edited
RE:"New Improved Format"

I for one do not like the new format at all. As a certified member I vote to change it back! I can't get much to work. I can't even change my profile photo! Lame :(

This post was edited
RE- "New Improved Format"

It's really ANNOYING how often my comments fail to be posted, even AFTER the note says it WAS successfully posted! :-/

Update, Dec. 1, 2016... Things are improving... at least, for me. I was able to make a comment in one of my *Groups* .... and see it posted, immediately after I *Saved* the changes. ... But I still have to make a detour to *edit* anything there

This post was edited
RE:RE- "New Improved Format"

I've just written a few posts and they showed up correctly, I even edited one after re-reading and everything worked fine. Bit by bit, the bugs appear to be disappearing, it even identified me correctly this time as Butt Naked.

This post was edited

It's far to hard to keep track of stuff now.

I'll give it a few weeks see if they iron out the bugs, if not...

This post was edited

This site has a long way to go before it is as good as the one it replaced. I'm in TN for the group discussions. When I post a reply to a discussion topic my reply just vanishes. What is the point?]!!!!

This post was edited

I am a non-paid member as well and am very upset with the changes last week. The six picture limit in the galleries of my groups is heart breaking and a real deal breaker for me. Nearly all my pictures i have taken especially just to post in my groups are no longer visible to me or to all the other non paid members of TN. This the core off TN. the sister group True Swingers is the same deal and it was my favorite site of all. soon, after 3 years on both sites, i will be deleting my account there as well.I will hold on a while longer to see if this huge business mistake is corrected butt i will be deleting both accounts if i continue to not be happy here. My apologies to the paid members many of whom know me.also the groups i help co-moderate will need new co-moderators. folks interested in helping should contact groups creators.

Say it ain't so Creek! You are my best left handed, right hand man on some of these groups . . . smile. I don't like the new format neither, but alas? it seems as though the ones who dislike it most are "us" non-paid members . . .to which I refer to my originating on here and I just think. "You get what you pay for." . . . hell, it's free, I ain't gonna complain. I don't know of any other sites as user friendly, I don't search mind you, just the way I've reckoned it to be. Hang in there. I don't think they'll ever change back to how it was . . . and it's not that awful . . . awful.

This post was edited

When I post a reply to a discussion topic my reply just vanishes.

Please try clearing your cache. I fixed that issue last night. You may have a file cached that is preventing you from getting it

This post was edited
RE:"New Improved Format"

Can't post on my wall anymore.

This post was edited