The churches views on nudism

I have been searching but there is a lot of contradicting information. What are the churches views on nudism? And are any of you Catholics?

This topic was edited
RE:The churches views on nudism

In my humble opinion a more important question is why you let your life control by a church. Why not make your own choices how to live your life?

This post was edited

What Christians say about nudity is what most Christians say about sex. Nudity and sex are ok within the confines of marriage. They believe the body is meant only for the eyes of their spouse.

Some do, some don't. Don't generalize. Take a look at the groups here discussing this.

This post was edited

There are several "Christian Nudist" groups around including on TN - there's even one lady on TN (PIPPearl4Christ) who is very open about being a Christian and being a nudist. She doesn't have any qualms about mixing the two - perhaps you should send her a message and discuss it!
Otherwise, it's what a few posters have said - most churches frown on nudity because Adam and Eve covered up to hide theirs. Fortunately, we live in slightly more enlightened times!

This post was edited

I disagree that most churches are against nudity. The reason Adam and Eve covered up was because they partook of the forbidden fruit but God created them nude. I have seen a large number of profiles here where people identify as nudists and I have met clergy who are nudists. Any christian who condemns nudism is not a true christian in my view. Those who condemn do so because they live in fear of their own bodies not because their spiritual advisor told them it's wrong. Feel the same pride in your body as God after creating us so perfectly.

This post was edited

Well my father is a minister and as fart as he is concerned nudity is only permitted when you're bathing or reproducing. He doesn't know I 'm a nudist but we don't get along well because our beliefs differ. I guess that doesn't help you much.

This post was edited

Well my father is a minister and as fart as he is concerned nudity is only permitted when you're bathing or reproducing. He doesn't know I 'm a nudist but we don't get along well because our beliefs differ. I guess that doesn't help you much.

My father was an Anglican priest and my mother was a nudist.

This post was edited

I was staying at a nudist resort in Southern California a few years ago during Easter break and met two pastors that were there separately but both relaxing, getting some sun, and working on their sermons before Easter.

This post was edited

I have been searching but there is a lot of contradicting information. What are the churches views on nudism? And are any of you Catholics?

The church of Jesus Christ of latter-day saints are not apposed to nudity, they just don't condone nudity. They will not obstruct a person's second amendment right.

This post was edited

And are any of you Catholics?

Not me but my Mom grew up Roman-Catholic. They preached body-shame in no uncertain terms. Scarred her for life.

This post was edited

I have been searching but there is a lot of contradicting information. What are the churches views on nudism? And are any of you Catholics?They will not obstruct a person's second amendment right.

Doing that, could get them SHOT!!!

This post was edited