RE:The churches views on nudism

I have been searching but there is a lot of contradicting information. What are the churches views on nudism? And are any of you Catholics?

Most importantly is to find out how YOUR church feels about nudity. One way would be to walk in to a worship service nude. You will have your answer soon enough, as to whether they are accepting of it or not. Tell them you are here to worship the Lord in the outfit He provided for you. I am sure the Lord would understand, even though the congregation might not.

I never understood why people think they need to wear their fanciest clothes to church every time, when it seems the most important thing is to just show up, regardless of your state of dress.
Why is this question in the legal discussion? This is not a legality issue, is it?

This post was edited

I am a Christian,and student of the Bible. The first think to know is that man kind was created and place in charge of managing the world in which God created,and they were naked and had no shame. It is only after the first act of disobedience did their nakedness present a problem. This could be because nature had become hostel to their bodies a s a result of their act of sin. the other reason could be their attitude toward another person's body,self misuse.
Now what a person should consider is the rest of creation. All of God creature are under the curse as humans are, and yet they continue to be unclothed. So I conclude that as long as a person honors God with their body,meaning no sexual immorality,and does not offend the people around them, then there is no sin in nudism. Now there are places where the bible mention nudity to be shame full to a person,but it refers to immoral relationships with others, and the body being exposed to danger. One example, being lead off to captivity naked by an enemy army.
As far as most churches , they do not except people who practice nudity. Churches like the rest of America think the only reason for being nude is to have sex .
This is why I don't put any picture of my self naked on line. I am a artist,poet,comedian,writer,and faithful Christian church attender.
The only people I let know I am a nudist is other nudists.

This post was edited

I have been searching but there is a lot of contradicting information. What are the churches views on nudism? And are any of you Catholics?

We are Catholics. What the church says about nudity and nudism, whether it's positive or negative, makes no difference to us. We don't follow doctrine to the letter. Though we do not agree with all of the churches rules, laws of doctrine, we are still Catholics and feel that our God gave us a brain to think with and make the right decisions that make us better people and how we treat others.

I'm not sure what the heck the Second Amendment has to do with Catholics and nudity and bring it up only sparks ridiculous comments. Whether is joking or not ... saying things like "it'll get you shot," is not even humorous. How 'bout we just leave that portion out of this discussion and start another where the gun happy people can discuss it ... and by the way ... I OWN GUNS! ;-)

Back to Catholics and nudism; both of our families have some mild/slight history with family members dabbling in nudism to some degree. My father in law seemed very comfortable with nudity but we never saw him naked and he only spoke of it generally and didn't get detailed. He told his daughters that he purposely placed windows in their bedrooms up higher than normal so they could walk around naked if they wanted. His mother frequently visited and my wife and her siblings would be rushed out of the house in the morning because their grandmother would sleep naked and get up and walk around the kitchen naked ... much to my mother in laws distaste.

I had similar family history but it's sketchy. I know that my siblings dabble in some sort of home nudity but they are not very forthcoming with details. But my family, though raised Catholic and would choose that religion as their own, if asked, don't go to church, don't follow doctrine and don't follow or believe some of what the church teaches and demands.

This post was edited

Most churches don't have an "official" statement on "nudism" as such: at least as far as I know. I'm a Christian clergy-person who would live naked 24-7 if I could, though I have yet to preach or lead worship naked. Though I'd be willing to, if the occasion were to present itself.

I know of a number of clergy who are members of this on-line social networking organization and of others that I occasionally participate in.

I've visited a number of clothing optional venues and almost always eventually find a few other clergy of different denominations floating around: Anglican, Mennonite, Orthodox, Lutheran, Evangelical Protestant, for instance. I know that Pope John Paul II has written positively about the naked human body, and without disapproval of being naked socially, and with members of the other sex.

When I talk with other Christian nudists of any denomination, I find that we've almost all had to work through issues of sexuality, attraction to people we're not married to, being naked around children, and a number of other things that our sexually repressive culture has gotten us confused about. I think for most of us, being socially naked in a venue where it's accepted -- a resort or a beach -- has been a helpful and important part of making our peace with ourselves as people with bodies: complete with all the functioning body parts!

What's most important is not what position one's church may hold on "social nudism". And what's important is not "what God thinks". I believe that God does not care whether men and women are naked in each others presence: what God cares about is that we be careful to respect each other, and not to exploit each other. And one does not need to be naked to be exploitative of another person.

If you're a person who practices Christianity -- or any other religion -- I would encourage you to relax, and not to worry about the "official viewpoint on nudism" of your denomination is, or whether or not "God approves." Just relax and enjoy the experience. Pay attention to thoughts, feelings, emotions, and remember that these are internal experiences and that they shift "with the wind". And be self-aware enough that you're careful about how you act.

Peace,

NB

This post was edited

Try reading Jim Cunningham's book "Nudity & Christianity". Available on Amazon.

This post was edited

If you really want to belong to a church and don't want to bother about what others might think of your lifestyle, try Pastafarianism. They have no problem with nudity.

This post was edited

Are you serious???
Who CARES????

This post was edited

Since the majority in North america are christian, (can't speak for other locales) I'll just say this: Any statement that is regurgitated from the old testament, it was reported that Jesus said the old laws are no more. That would follow the regulations about washing your hands up to your elbows, wearing a blue thread in the bottom of your garments, covering your head before god and bludgeoning infidels of any kind with big heavy rocks. These are the old ways.

If you actually follow the new testament, there is NOTHING that says what you must cover your body with. There is nothing that says that a body is something to be ashamed of and kept covered.

A "TRUE CHRISTIAN" would find the work of the ''ONE TRUE GOD'' as they say, a beautiful thing, not a sin meant for hiding. It should be admired in it's entirety, not penalized for having been seen in it's natural state.

That's just my opinion, but meh.

Now, on the other hand, the Christian should also consider that the body, being a "gift to the person from god" should take care of it, not allowing it to freeze to death in the colder climates, and keep it well fed, healthy and clean. This should be more of a concern than whether seeing a naked body makes the pope or local padre blush.

This post was edited

Im Catholic, I have researched somewhat on teaching. It seems to be more of a society issue over any doctrine. I know there is an image of St. John Paul with women in undress of sorts. I see it as grey area and can lead to the near occasion of sin, which varies from person to person.

This post was edited

Catholicism has always be impregnated society. With time thankfully has lost lots of power. The idea of covering genitals it is supposed to happen after Adam and Eve tried the forbidden fruit. some people interpreted the Bible in a literal way with zero critical thinking.

This post was edited