The churches views on nudism

I have been searching but there is a lot of contradicting information. What are the churches views on nudism? And are any of you Catholics?

This topic was edited
RE:The churches views on nudism

In my humble opinion a more important question is why you let your life control by a church. Why not make your own choices how to live your life?

This post was edited

What Christians say about nudity is what most Christians say about sex. Nudity and sex are ok within the confines of marriage. They believe the body is meant only for the eyes of their spouse.

Some do, some don't. Don't generalize. Take a look at the groups here discussing this.

This post was edited

There are several "Christian Nudist" groups around including on TN - there's even one lady on TN (PIPPearl4Christ) who is very open about being a Christian and being a nudist. She doesn't have any qualms about mixing the two - perhaps you should send her a message and discuss it!
Otherwise, it's what a few posters have said - most churches frown on nudity because Adam and Eve covered up to hide theirs. Fortunately, we live in slightly more enlightened times!

This post was edited

I was staying at a nudist resort in Southern California a few years ago during Easter break and met two pastors that were there separately but both relaxing, getting some sun, and working on their sermons before Easter.

This post was edited

I have been searching but there is a lot of contradicting information. What are the churches views on nudism? And are any of you Catholics?

The church of Jesus Christ of latter-day saints are not apposed to nudity, they just don't condone nudity. They will not obstruct a person's second amendment right.

This post was edited

And are any of you Catholics?

Not me but my Mom grew up Roman-Catholic. They preached body-shame in no uncertain terms. Scarred her for life.

This post was edited

I have been searching but there is a lot of contradicting information. What are the churches views on nudism? And are any of you Catholics?They will not obstruct a person's second amendment right.

Doing that, could get them SHOT!!!

This post was edited

Most importantly is to find out how YOUR church feels about nudity. One way would be to walk in to a worship service nude. You will have your answer soon enough, as to whether they are accepting of it or not. Tell them you are here to worship the Lord in the outfit He provided for you. I am sure the Lord would understand, even though the congregation might not.

I never understood why people think they need to wear their fanciest clothes to church every time, when it seems the most important thing is to just show up, regardless of your state of dress.
Why is this question in the legal discussion? This is not a legality issue, is it?

This post was edited

I am a Christian,and student of the Bible. The first think to know is that man kind was created and place in charge of managing the world in which God created,and they were naked and had no shame. It is only after the first act of disobedience did their nakedness present a problem. This could be because nature had become hostel to their bodies a s a result of their act of sin. the other reason could be their attitude toward another person's body,self misuse.
Now what a person should consider is the rest of creation. All of God creature are under the curse as humans are, and yet they continue to be unclothed. So I conclude that as long as a person honors God with their body,meaning no sexual immorality,and does not offend the people around them, then there is no sin in nudism. Now there are places where the bible mention nudity to be shame full to a person,but it refers to immoral relationships with others, and the body being exposed to danger. One example, being lead off to captivity naked by an enemy army.
As far as most churches , they do not except people who practice nudity. Churches like the rest of America think the only reason for being nude is to have sex .
This is why I don't put any picture of my self naked on line. I am a artist,poet,comedian,writer,and faithful Christian church attender.
The only people I let know I am a nudist is other nudists.

This post was edited

Most churches don't have an "official" statement on "nudism" as such: at least as far as I know. I'm a Christian clergy-person who would live naked 24-7 if I could, though I have yet to preach or lead worship naked. Though I'd be willing to, if the occasion were to present itself.

I know of a number of clergy who are members of this on-line social networking organization and of others that I occasionally participate in.

I've visited a number of clothing optional venues and almost always eventually find a few other clergy of different denominations floating around: Anglican, Mennonite, Orthodox, Lutheran, Evangelical Protestant, for instance. I know that Pope John Paul II has written positively about the naked human body, and without disapproval of being naked socially, and with members of the other sex.

When I talk with other Christian nudists of any denomination, I find that we've almost all had to work through issues of sexuality, attraction to people we're not married to, being naked around children, and a number of other things that our sexually repressive culture has gotten us confused about. I think for most of us, being socially naked in a venue where it's accepted -- a resort or a beach -- has been a helpful and important part of making our peace with ourselves as people with bodies: complete with all the functioning body parts!

What's most important is not what position one's church may hold on "social nudism". And what's important is not "what God thinks". I believe that God does not care whether men and women are naked in each others presence: what God cares about is that we be careful to respect each other, and not to exploit each other. And one does not need to be naked to be exploitative of another person.

If you're a person who practices Christianity -- or any other religion -- I would encourage you to relax, and not to worry about the "official viewpoint on nudism" of your denomination is, or whether or not "God approves." Just relax and enjoy the experience. Pay attention to thoughts, feelings, emotions, and remember that these are internal experiences and that they shift "with the wind". And be self-aware enough that you're careful about how you act.

Peace,

NB

This post was edited