RE: Why is sexual orintation a question in profiles?

Now, that really is a question that needs answering!

This post was edited
RE: sexuality etc. are good profile 'options' to have

If your sexuality defines you, then you should go to sites that define you. I am a nudist so I am on a nudist site. I did not consider this to be a dating site, so sexual orentation to me is irrelevent, and perhaps damaging to the site. I define myself in many ways, one is that I am a nudist, hence why I am on this site.
We are not here to meet bi courious, gay or straight we are here to make friends and participate in this site.
As I have said in other posts, in a nudist enviroment, (and yes I will pick on the gay community a bit, ...WHO CARES!!! you are who you are, I have seen it in the chat when someone joins, " hi, I am gay, anyone else?"" what does this have to do with being a nudist?
I believe the purpose of this site is to promote nudism, not continue the societal stigma that it is about sex, and we are all sex freaks.
These profile items are IMO not neccessary.

Cheers

This post was edited

sexual orentation to me is irrelevent, and perhaps damaging to the site

Is it also 'damaging' to know if someone is male or female?

This post was edited

Well it is not damaging to know, as it is usually obvious if one is male or female, but still it is irrelevant in the nudist context. I still do not see people logging in to chat and saying "Hi, I am male/Female, anyone want to chat. I have only seen comment WRT to sexual oreintation use this approach.
Soceity, nude or clothed is too wrapped up in having sexual orientation define them. Especially the gay community. Seriously, get on with it, Most countries totally accept Gays, they have the same rights the non gays have, getting married, adopting children, Canada has been open to Gays for years. But this section of our society continues to have to advertise this fact.
To each thier own, your sexual preference is just that yours so get on with it and live a life and get off the soap box.
I am pleased to see that the gay comunity is getting more and more accepted in other countries, ie the US, but seriously you need a parade as well?

This post was edited
RE: Orientation

Whenever a straight male friend of mine asks me why I never hit on them, I'm always honest and up front and tell them "It's because you're ugly."
That reminds of a joke about a single woman and a drunk in the grocery store. Cause your ugly!

This post was edited
RE: Stupid question that shouldn't be there

I always wonder the same about the religion question. Seriously, you are already accepted in society. Do you need little statues, parades, and the virgin mary sitings on a grilled cheese?

This post was edited
RE: Stupid question that shouldn't be there

I don't know that either question is entirely useless, both are often aspects of how we define ourselves and if this is a social networking site then how one defines themselves is often important. We are inherently sexual creatures (not that that means we need to be extra open about our private lives) and often have deeply held spiritual beliefs, or may be deeply committed to not having beliefs beyond what we can see in this universe. Being straight man and being agnostic are certainly aspects of how I define myself, and I would imagine those aspects would be important to most people regardless of orientation or creed. I can see how they can be used in a deragatory manner, but I haven't seen any of that here and hope it stays that way.

This post was edited
RE: Why is sexual orientation a question in profiles?

-- All of the sex chat in the room between gays has really gotten out of hand. There are other sites for that. This is about naturism and friendship, not SEX. ---

Yeah...my wife and I are new to the site. One of the first things we did was go in to the chat room. It wasn't long til half a dozen messages popped up asking things like "want to see a rock hard cock on cam?" I'm not going to say it got me riled up or anything but it was disappointing that something like that would be so dominate in a self proclaiming "true nudists" forum.

This post was edited

I have often wondered that myself. Should not matter if one is really a true nudist. I am a nudist who enjoys the company of other nudists; male or female, young or old, single or married; gay or str8. I just want to be with others who enjoy the freedom as I do. I do not look at others in a sexual way nor do I want others to do the same with me. Just like being nude.

This post was edited

No matter how you look at it, this is still a social networking site. People here will still be looking for relationships.

This post was edited