RE: Why is sexual orintation a question in profiles?

i would think in the states there should be a category for "republican" or "democrat" listed on profiles. Wouldn't that save a lot of time in choosing who you would approve?!?

This post was edited

Probably Rusty for similar reasons as age. sex, location and all the other questions

This post was edited

Do they still have democrats in the US ?
No. They're all power-mad elitist lawyers masquerading as republicrats !

This post was edited

In one way or another, this is a social network which people may use to find relationships. So sexual orientation does seem to be necessary if people want to find relationships with other TN users. It doesn't necessarilymean that by stating what sex you are interested in you are set out for that one sole purpose... it's just one small part of such a great site! The fact that is a site for nudists is to bring us closer to people who share such a great interest in nudity
I think you hit it pretty well on the head. I am gay and I want people to know who I am, it is part of my identity. I am partnered but I still want to meet and socialize with other gay nudist men. Just because I am sexually attracted to other men does not mean I want to have sex with every guy I meet straight or otherqwise . A penis in and of itself is not that interesting after all. The person attached to it is what is important

This post was edited

In my understanding of nude recreation - we are not here to flaunt sexuality. Why does it need to be a profile question? Strikes me as a little creepy and one of the reasons I have not opted for paid membership here in an otherwise good nudist organization online. Really I do not want to know who is what sexual orintation. I am not go looking for sexual information when I am in a nudist enviroment. Furthrmore I have a safe and balanced sexual life in the company of my loved one and do not look anywhere for extra cirricular gratification, here, my home club, work, other personal groups and organizations. Why should I be intrested here?

I absolutely agree, i ignored it, we are supposed to be a non sexual naturist's site so why reveal your sexuality? It does not interest/bother me what ones sexual orientation is in here, maybe it would matter if i t were a swingers site, but it isn't is it?

This post was edited
newbie lifer

Hey everyone. I just wanted to put my two cents out here on this. Thing is, lately I have noticed that clothing has made me rather repressed sexually. If I had been nude longer (not just brief locker room times) around some hot guys it would have been obvious what I like to (or would like to)take to bed. We are human and our human-ness is hidden in the greater community(clothing enforced). I think that being made to wear clothing--it has errant and repressive undertones. I remember the first movie in which I saw a nude man. He was heading to a pool. Mostly all I thought at my young age was, "Why can't I go to a pool in the nude?" That, of course, and I really enjoyed looking at him in the nude.
Sex is inextricably a part of who we are, but it need not over take the rest of who we are. I like what I saw somewhere around here or on the AANR site. If you have an erection jump in the pool or roll over or put a towel on. As if to say, "Hey we aren't here for your orgy!" I think that sums up what we do at the resort or the beach, but what about if I want gay guys to come over and watch TV in the nude with me? No need to worry about erections at my house if they happen they happen, and remember we were watching TV so don't look at me that way...
I think I had a point? My point I think is that when we are in community nudism is not about sexuality; when we are in private nudism is what we make it. This site is for us to be private people in public! Answer the question of your sexual identity or don't, but please don't tell me that it has no place here. It has a place here because our personal selves are shared here with the TrueNudist community.

This post was edited

sexual orientation is not about sex. It's about who you fall in love with. If being gay (for example) was determined by sex, then I wouldn't have been gay as a child. I was gay, but i did not have sex until well into my adult years. Similarly, when I'm old and impotent I'm not going to magically turn straight because I can no longer have gay sex.
Being straight or gay is not about sex, it's about who you love.
People have said here that you shouldn't flaunt your sexuality, but straight people do it all the time. My mum flaunts her heterosexuality... she wearstwo metal bands around her finger to show she's engaged and married to a man, and she actually changed her name to be the same as his! How is that not flaunting your sexuality? Also, i see that many of the people who have complained about being asked for sexual orientation have listed themselves as married, and come from areas where gay marriage is not yet permitted... bit of a giveaway.

This post was edited

Ok... so let me get this straight... being Straight or Gay isn't based on sex.... so what you are saying is... if I am a man, that loves a women... but has sex with men.... I am not gay??? Hmmmm.... this is a very interesting topic.... and conversation.... so its about what / who you LOVE, not anything about who you are sleeping with... or having sex with.. I guess I am going to have to start doing some research to clear up some things that I thought were right but obviously was mistaken about... that must be the difference between being gay and being homoSEXual.... Gay people LOVE the same sex while homosexuals have sex with the same sex... wow... silly me I always thought the wordsmeantthe same thing....
Sorry if this is some what off the wall, but I just find it a little odd and could have gotten something mixed up in my translation... pleaseclarifyif I am off...

This post was edited

The "sexual" part of the word refers to gender, not shagging. homo sexual means same gender. hetero sexual means different gender.
It's like when they ask on a form "sex" do you put male/female or do you put "missionary position" lol

This post was edited

As with any social networking tool there is a desire to find people of "like mind" - yes we're all nudists, but beyond that it's a question interests, lifestyles, relationship status or interests. For some sexual orientation may be a deal breaker, for others it could be exactly what they are looking for in like-minded friends.

This post was edited