RE: Why is sexual orintation a question in profiles?

The sexual orientation of others has never been important to me as long as it wasn't flaunted at me. I have worked with gay men that were really good Friends and they knew I was straight. Not one time did they ever hit on me. Being Friends with gays or bi's is usually pretty easy for when they know where I'm coming from.

This post was edited

i would think in the states there should be a category for "republican" or "democrat" listed on profiles. Wouldn't that save a lot of time in choosing who you would approve?!?

That and sport teams! :)

This post was edited
Blank

I am gay but I just left this out of my profile. I have a number of straight nudist male friends & have chatted with a number on here. I just don't find too many people who think this is a major issue. If some straight woman wants to look at my nude photos why should I care.

This post was edited

I choose to not answer the question in my profile I don't think that it is important. The strange thing that I find is that there are so many degrees between straight and gay, with a stop toward the end at bisexual. From my limited understanding of sociology bisexuals seem to be a minority in society yet in the community I have never seen so many people actively say they are bisexual. It makes me wonder whether its a factor in being a nudist
it would be interesting to see how many of the guys who list themselves as bisexual have actually told anyone this (particularly their wives). While I would prefer that there are less categories that make it less vague, at the end of the day each to their own if you think its not important do not answer the question

This post was edited
It's a non-issue

As others have stated, you do not have to post a sexual orientation and I am one of the few who have chosen not to. Do I have one? Of course I do, but unless you are seeking a sexual partner on here I don't see how it has any bearing whatsoever. I even debated not including a relationship status but in the end I posted one.
I am a very occasional participant here and it is mainly because of the overwhelmingly sexual nature of many of the profiles and groups. I know there are good people here and I am eternally optimistic but this is the third time I have joined (always under the same username) and I have to tell you that there is a better than average chance I will not be staying.

This post was edited
RE: It's a non-issue

Oh, stick around Folklover. There are creeps here just like in the real world but you're not thinking of leaving that...I hope. It's nice to see a yang face sometimes and get another perspective. As for sexual orientation, I list straight as there are lots of trolling gays here and it's a facet of my personality and perspective. You can see me, and find out about my personality through my many posts but that's one part of me that otherwise might be difficult to discern.
And to address the first poster, read how many times you use the word "I" and then ask yourself if everyone is "you".

This post was edited

I aggree it should be a non issue, I also think in the chat room the mods should monitor the sexual comments WRT to orientation. I rememember making a comment to one poster who, when they logged in< stated " I am gay, who else here is?" this is the attitude os sexual orientation that is not important. The chat should be about who you are not who you want to do. The subject should be irrelevent and strongly discouraged as ones oreintation is not relevent as Nudists it is about enjoying life nude. It is not about your sexual orientation.

This post was edited

I'm beginning to regret listing my "orientation" on here. I'm a long time nudist, with nudist friends of both sexes and orientations and I enjoy making new friends. But there are still so many people out there who assume that gay equals sex obsessed and promiscuous. You talk about "gay" trolling and sexual comments. Believe me when I say that there are far more straight pervs on here then gay, trolling constantly, and giving "straights" a bad name. And many people who state their orientation, but aren't honest about it.

This post was edited

And many people who state their orientation, but aren't honest about it.
Then, some of us who have gone back and removed it.

This post was edited

Uh huh. I'll get right on that, and remove the gay.

This post was edited