RE: Why is sexual orintation a question in profiles?

Gotta agree. I was somewhat put off by the question when I was filling out the profile. Totally inappropriate, and unnecessary for the setting....and yet you answered it. There is an option to leave it blank.

This post was edited

I personally didnt see it as an issue call me young if you so choose but i think it helps like minded individuals connect.

This post was edited

i am agree with you...i think that can be a question for a private chat or conversation

This post was edited

I can't see why it matters to all the people with blank or private profiles.

This post was edited
RE: Why is GENDER a question in profiles?

It's generally evident from photos, if they are provided; that failing, one could always ask privately. I recently joined a nudist site that asks neither question, and in fact specifically advises against mentioning sexual orientation even the profile text. It's a gay-friendly site, nonetheless. I suppose all such questions - income, age, and whatnot - can serve as conversation starters, give you a sense of who you're talking to. A good host might introduce John to Jane with "Jane, meet John. He's just returned from a trip to Bangladesh and started teaching fifth grade." An internet host, new modern world that this is, says, "Jane, meet John. He's 35 years old, makes over $50,000 a year, and likes men."
None of this has to be about seeking romantic partners. Certainly if I were looking for a partner, tho, I would do it here, and not on a site like TS. My interest would be in finding someone with a compatible comfort with nudity, not in being explicit at the keyboard. Some things are just more enjoyable in person, and I wouldn't want to hook up with a "swinger," anyway.

This post was edited

I'm glad it's here too. I'm a little bothered by the number of "straight" men who try to flirt with me on here.

This post was edited

Well now, that's what I would have said to ManaTree as well. But in your case, that dreamed has died.

This post was edited

I'm new here, only joined a couple of days ago.I put myself down as bisexual, was more surprised by the income question.Later I thought that perhaps people would associate bisexual with perv. So, I went back and left it blank later on my first day.A straight person wouldn't make a second guess.Then reading the word 'flaunt' somewhat proves me initial thoughts.When I think about nude socializing, I would prefer to be around guys.Yet again not in a sexual way... I'd just feel more at ease I guess. I guess I don't have an answer. I don't feel a need to connect with any sexuality so I guess leaving it blank works for me. Hey, that might change. But it's blank mostly so I'm not pigeon holed right out of the gate.

This post was edited

@ zack - thankfully I have not recieved any flack over being bi on this site, just an endless amount of men asking to cyber. And to op, it's your own mindset that disturbs you, as is evident with your word choices like 'flaunt'. Answering a question is not 'flaunting' and YOU have to go out of your way and read a persons profile to even see what questions we have answered and how. It just sounds like you are insecure with yourself or intolerent of others. I can't speak to the creators of this website, but if I were to hazard a guess, the question is there for SOCIAL NETWORKING :P You can put down if you are here for dating, friends, etc. Questions help others get to know you better, find common ground and common interests, whatever the goal is. If there was a question "Do you ride bicycles" and I answered yes, would you accuse people of "flaunting" their liking to ride bicycles? Lol, shows how silly the OP post is. If you don't want to read a persons profile, just don't read it :D^^^. I like. :D

This post was edited

Bump for a garbage dump

This post was edited