RE: Why is sexual orintation a question in profiles?

Why not go one stage further and give more options such as Asexual, Pansexual ?

This post was edited

Feel, sexual orientation, as well as the other optional questions aren't necessary within the Naturist/ Nudist community. When we attend a nudist venue, do we ask these questions to anyone front up? What counts for me is, I'm meeting people, that feel as happy as myself, without attire and if conversations drift into certain directions, it will feel quite natural.

This post was edited
RE: Why is sexual orientation a question in profiles?

Let's not forget that most of the profile questions are optional and if you don't select an answer then nothing shows up. Even though this isn't a "dating" site, there are many here hoping to find a relationship and then it makes sense to display your sexual orientation and religion. I'm here for "networking" and "meeting friends" so I didn't bother filling in either question because they aren't important to me and don't have any bearing on the friends I might make.

This post was edited

I guess its like the questions about drinking and smoking as well, but at the end of the day it's up to the person and whether they feel comfy to answer the question or not.

This post was edited

In my understanding of nude recreation - we are not here to flaunt sexuality. Why does it need to be a profile question? Strikes me as a little creepy and one of the reasons I have not opted for paid membership here in an otherwise good nudist organization online. Really I do not want to know who is what sexual orintation. I am not go looking for sexual information when I am in a nudist enviroment. Furthrmore I have a safe and balanced sexual life in the company of my loved one and do not look anywhere for extra cirricular gratification, here, my home club, work, other personal groups and organizations. Why should I be intrested here?

I agree that it really has no place in this setting.

That being said, I did state it in mine. Why? We need to get over the squeemishness in our minds and learn not to see it even when it is there. We all need to learn to confront our insecurities and demons in our own way and hiding under a rock is no way to live. Sometimes it is not about "Look at me! Loot at me!" Sometimes it is about, "Stop giving a crap!"True, quite True. I am an Nudist, an True Nudist. My sexual orintation or from an other True Nudist is not an issue.

This post was edited

This post was edited

In my understanding of nude recreation - we are not here to flaunt sexuality. Why does it need to be a profile question? Strikes me as a little creepy and one of the reasons I have not opted for paid membership here in an otherwise good nudist organization online. Really I do not want to know who is what sexual orintation. I am not go looking for sexual information when I am in a nudist enviroment. Furthrmore I have a safe and balanced sexual life in the company of my loved one and do not look anywhere for extra cirricular gratification, here, my home club, work, other personal groups and organizations. Why should I be intrested here? It seems that whenever I read a gay man's profile the majorityof themonly want to meet other gay men. Women don't seem welcome in any setting nude or otherwise. If this site is about pure nudism then that seems very divisive to me. And I know what's coming. People can friend whomever they want but I thought there was supposed to be a greater point to all of this.

This post was edited

if a person is gay or not will come out when people meet
there is no point hiding who you are but as long as a person does not use nudism as a sex fetish thing then i do not care and just because a person answers some optional questions does not mean they are not a pervert here - it just means there is no problem being honest with people

This post was edited
RE: Why is sexual orientation a question in profiles?

I hate it when straight guys expect me to blow them just because I'm gay. I wish that they would stop hitting on me. It ruins my nudist experiences.

This post was edited

I think it's a question that's worth asking. Unfortunately it's not yet possible to filter searches by sexual orientation. I'm bi-curious and would like to meet other bi-curious or bi guys but at present it's not possible to filter them in a search.

This post was edited