RE: It's a non-issue

I aggree it should be a non issue, I also think in the chat room the mods should monitor the sexual comments WRT to orientation.
You just made an issue of it. And an intolerable one at that.

This post was edited
RE: Why is sexual orintation a question in profiles?

While this is a site for bona fide nudists/naturists, you are inevitably going to get some people trying it on. You get that on all sites. Hell, I belong to a social network that is supposed to be all about Scotland and at times it looks like a knocking shop. So I reckon having your orientation up leaves people under no illusion. Yet, putting "Straight" up on my profile has not stopped two guys coming on to me, and that's only since I joined a few days ago. :D
I know just what you mean. I hate it when straight guys flaunt their sexuality around me. And chicks hitting on me is so frigging rude! Who would want to even be around someone who does crap like that? Would I even want to date someone who is so stupid to think I might not be gay?[/quote

If are the type that likes to flaunt it. Look at me, I am gay. In every posting you making, it is all about you being gay. Get a life and get over it. You are what you are.

This post was edited

I may be wrong in this but the software for this forum is probably a "straight out of the box" (ie not modified for a specific purpose) product. What leads me to this conclusion is the fact that one of the other question is why are you here and includes dating as an option. Now if you were intending dating someone then their sexuality becomes VERY important.
I like this answer

This post was edited
Why is sexual orientation a question in profiles?

The best response is to ignore what is not of interest.
Which brings us all neatly back to:
State your sexual orientation if you want to
Upload pics and make them visible to all if you want to
State that you're here for dating if you want to
State your income bracket if you want to
If you want to, if you want to, if you want to.....
YOU have the choice!

This post was edited
Re: Why is sexual orientation included on the profile

Does not bother me one way or the other. It is like the previous person posted, all about choice. You can choose to fill out your profile with limited information or have one with information that others will want to read, and then possibly get to know you through chat, messages, and maybe meet in real time. Just be open and honest.

This post was edited
RE: Why is sexual orientation included on the profile

I agree to the open and honest part, and definately it is all about choices, but it is useless information, or I think that is what the thread is trying to determine.

This post was edited
RE: Orientation

As far as myself, it is no more insulting to ask me my sexual orientation then to ask if I like spinach...
For me, I agree !
Furthermore, if it helps your purpose to answer that particular bit of information, then do so.
If it hinders your time on this site, then don't. It's not mandatory.
To many of us, ( most ? ) it doesn't matter anyway.

This post was edited
RE: Orientation

Whenever a straight male friend of mine asks me why I never hit on them, I'm always honest and up front and tell them "It's because you're ugly."

This post was edited

I can't see why it should be more controversial to want to know about people's sexual orientation than to know about their gender (which is mandatory to declare here!), weight, length, marital status etc. Neither of this is necessarily related to nudism either!
It's optional to declare, and it's optional for everyone to pay attention to it. Personally I prefer to be clear about my sexual orientation - those who find it important to know about it get quick information, those who are indifferent to it can ignore it.
Wishing you all a nude weekend! :-)

This post was edited

A better question is..... why is "religion" a question in profiles? religion and politics.........

This post was edited