Why is sexual orintation a question in profiles?

In my understanding of nude recreation - we are not here to flaunt sexuality. Why does it need to be a profile question? Strikes me as a little creepy and one of the reasons I have not opted for paid membership here in an otherwise good nudist organization online. Really I do not want to know who is what sexual orintation. I am not go looking for sexual information when I am in a nudist enviroment. Furthrmore I have a safe and balanced sexual life in the company of my loved one and do not look anywhere for extra cirricular gratification, here, my home club, work, other personal groups and organizations. Why should I be intrested here?

This topic was edited
RE: Why is sexual orintation a question in profiles?

In my understanding of nude recreation - we are not here to flaunt sexuality. Why does it need to be a profile question? Strikes me as a little creepy and one of the reasons I have not opted for paid membership here in an otherwise good nudist organization online. Really I do not want to know who is what sexual orintation. I am not go looking for sexual information when I am in a nudist enviroment. Furthrmore I have a safe and balanced sexual life in the company of my loved one and do not look anywhere for extra cirricular gratification, here, my home club, work, other personal groups and organizations. Why should I be intrested here?

I agree that it really has no place in this setting.

That being said, I did state it in mine. Why? We need to get over the squeemishness in our minds and learn not to see it even when it is there. We all need to learn to confront our insecurities and demons in our own way and hiding under a rock is no way to live. Sometimes it is not about "Look at me! Loot at me!" Sometimes it is about, "Stop giving a crap!"

This post was edited

We are who we are. If we are open (and secure)enough to admit to the world that we enjoy being nude in the presence of others, (unpopular here in the USA). Why then should those of us who are open (and secure) about our sexuality not admit that to the world as well? As it was pointed out above, you don't have to answer that question.

This post was edited

I think this world would be maybe a little bit better, if people didn't want to flaunt who they are. I worked in a lumber mill most of my life and one of the mills, we had a gay guy. Working in a mill is not easy work, but this guy was not a very big guy yet he did any job just like everyone else and never told anyone he was gay. He was just one of the guys and a good friend to a lot of the guys. His brother worked there also an told me he was gay as most of the guys thought he maybe. That is the way it should be, why flaught that you are a swinger, gay, or bi. Just be an average person just like anyone. That is what I like about being a nudist, I have been on the beach where you have a guy with a rowboat next to the guy with a 30 footer. Neither one could care less with what you have, they are there for the company of others that enjoy being a nudist.

This post was edited

The simple answer is "this is a social network". This question as well as some of the other OPTIONAL questions are there to help us all get to know eachother.

This post was edited

Welcome to a great site Primal.
I've found by experience that rough looking types are usually great people and those who are intimidated by them either don't have self confidence or fear rejection. I think its because toughlookingfolks just don't have anything to prove and can be themselves easier than those who think they have to prove themselves. Personally I amanythingbut tough looking but some of my best friends have been and we share mutual respect.
Bright Blessings to you

This post was edited

snipped for brevity...
being straight, i just think it's alarming the overwhelming proportion of bisexual to straight women.but that's just a statistic ... no biggie

Nah - we are just less repressed hun. lol! 50% better chance of a date for saturday nights too - with someone who knows the terrain! (Woody Allen misquote)

Love n stuff
Rudie x

This post was edited

I may be wrong in this but the software for this forum is probably a "straight out of the box" (ie not modified for a specific purpose) product. What leads me to this conclusion is the fact that one of the other question is why are you here and includes dating as an option.
Now if you were intending dating someone then their sexuality becomes VERY important.

This post was edited

Nakednlouisville, The company I worked for had about 200 people there. There were guys that cheated on their wives, drunks that had to go to AAA, swingers and gays. There were people who knew or maybe just thought you were one of the obove. They did not ask you and you did not tell. You were there to work not date. You had friends and others had friends that they had something in common with. We did not make an issue out of finding out about your sexual preference. What you do behind closed doors is your business

This post was edited

On my friends list I have people who are straight, gay. bi, married, single, different religions, and different ages. This isimmaterialbecause I added them asFriends, not as potential dates or mates etc. I am not looking for dates or to hook-up but if I were I would wish to know first - sexual orientation, second - marital status, third - age, fourth -religion. I would not consider thisdiscriminatory as these are important factors. As has been stated no-one isrequiredto state their status. Drop down menus are easy to use but do not cover all ramifications of status. For example I choose Other as my religion because I am Pagan but not Wiccan, probably the closest choice but does not define me. Therefore I will respond if asked for the meaning of Other in my profile but it is notreadilydiscerniblejust by looking. The drop down menus give a variety of choices but it is not mandatory to use them.

This post was edited

Very good point Jack

This post was edited