Nudism and missing out,

Recently I have been spending a lot more time nude then in previous years. My wife isn't into it as much as I am, but does partake sometimes in our back yard and pool. Over the winter, she asked why I was putting more time towards being nude. I told her that even though I haven't always put time towards it, it has always been on my mind and that I have slept nude since I moved out on my own. Since then, she seems to be fine with me being naked whenever. This spring I have come home from work and enjoyed being nude for a couple of hours almost every day. Luckily my wife is OK with going with me to the nude beach, even as she stays in a swim suit. As of late I have been thinking that my nudity, although enjoyed fully, is taking away from a lot of things I used to do. Things of course that require you to be clothed. I think as much as I like being nude, I will need to find a balance.

This topic was edited
RE:Nudism and missing out,

Well now, a logical thinker for a change. None of this "I gotta be naked all the time" BS. I'm sure there are many of us that are nude when appropriate and dressed when appropriate. Thank you for posting your thoughts.

This post was edited

That's interesting. Any examples?

This post was edited

For me it is the several community bands I play in, the other community organizations I serve, travel, socializing with textile friends and relatives, and attending concerts and plays.'
I certainly enjoy being nude when the opportunity is there, but I am not going to let my interest in being nude keep me from other things I want to do.

This post was edited

Massage school.
Involvement with our temple.
Visiting neighbors.

All these people know we are nudist, but these just aren't naked venues.

Farm work when the mosquitoes are bad.
Taking walks.
Going to the neighborhood beaches.

This post was edited

You have to or should meet your partner half way . She or he should be the most important thing above all else.

This post was edited

Steveinkona
Just so disappointed we did did not catch up with u when in Kona

This post was edited

Steveinkona
Just so disappointed we did did not catch up with u when in Kona

This post was edited

I will need to find a balance.

The secret to life truly is balance.

This post was edited

I don't miss out. Like so many others I have a lot of activities that need me to be clothed even though everyone around me knows I'm a nudist. Going to the pub, am dram, community stuff and volunteering are examples. All of my frequent holidays are in the nude and I'm naked when home alone or in my back garden. As you say: it's a case of keeping a balance.

This post was edited

Recently I have been spending a lot more time nude then in previous years. My wife isn't into it as much as I am, but does partake sometimes in our back yard and pool. Over the winter, she asked why I was putting more time towards being nude. I told her that even though I haven't always put time towards it, it has always been on my mind and that I have slept nude since I moved out on my own. Since then, she seems to be fine with me being naked whenever. This spring I have come home from work and enjoyed being nude for a couple of hours almost every day. Luckily my wife is OK with going with me to the nude beach, even as she stays in a swim suit. As of late I have been thinking that my nudity, although enjoyed fully, is taking away from a lot of things I used to do. Things of course that require you to be clothed. I think as much as I like being nude, I will need to find a balance.

The preference for being naked can and does interfere with other aspects of life. There are times when we've been naked for 2 or even 3 days and know we need to get out and run errands but seem to put it off so we don't have to get dressed but then reality and the need to leave the confines of home win out and we put on the clothes and do what needs to be done.

Putting on clothes doesn't make you less a nudist. It's all about life and how you have to make adjustments with most everything. A nudist woman friend uses the phrase, "nude when possible, clothed when practical," I think that sums it up perfectly. When the need calls for it, put on the clothes and go do what needs to be done. You'll find your balance!

This post was edited