RE:'Jewelry' at resorts and beaches

Wow Kevin!
What an excellent response! I'm not surprised this thread gained traction again.
I had to put my two cents worth in against some of the narrow minded knuckleheads on here way back in post 60.
Mine was more of a snarky verbal slap but yours was a Grand Slam! Very impressive!
There are so many judgmental nudist on this site.
It's like it was when I was growing up and the establishment would tell me to get a haircut! or Rock and Roll was from the devil!
But now, you're not surprised if you hear "Rock Lobster" from the B52's playing in the background at a retail store. Times change!
The norm changes.
Sometimes I wonder if the modern"decline" in nudism is due to the archaic viewpoints of the past perceived accept-abilities of the old school nudists, and not being open to the pink haired, tattoo'd, pierced and gauged members of today's single (or coupled) society.
If you don't make them feel accepted, why would they ever choose to join! Maybe you just don't want to accept them.
Inevitably, you will end up like the rest of the dinosaurs and become extinct!
Nudism however will never die!

This post was edited

Well after this rather looooong debate about of all things, "'Jewelry' at resorts and beaches" all sides have rendered their opinions & arguments.
As nudists & for the common good of our cause, sometimes we just have to "agree to disagree'". And whatever happened to "to each his own"? As nudists/naturists we are one of the MOST misunderstood groups & often among the least tolerated. I would think that WE should be quickest to be understanding & tolerant of our fellow members.
It seems that the greatest objection here is to genital jewelry: piercings, Cock Rings, etc. I happen to be one, perhaps in the minority, who has and appreciates both. And to add to the offense, I also have some rather attractive tattoos.
I myself, have been discriminated against AND excluded from some nudist circles & venues because of my adornments. And I am a long time card-carrying member of the AANR! I am not saying this to whine or complain in any way but to add to the discourse. As genuine nudists, I thought we were of the "accept yourself as you are" & "we don't judge how you look" persuasion. However, unfortunately, that is NOT true for too many in our nudist community. Change is an inevitable & unavoidable part of life. If we don't change, we don't grow. If we don't grow, we die!
There's nothing more I can add to this debate. It seems that Kevin & Lee have weighed in & given some of the soundest arguments. And I can't begin to match them! So in my humble opinion, that would make them the "Lords of the 'RINGS" in this debate!
Jay

This post was edited

FreeLee and stoneandy; thanks for the encouragement and carrying the message of inclusivity forward - nothing but respect and appreciation for the two of you!

Jay, we're buds so I don't have to stroke your ego in public :])

This post was edited

From Funcouple in post 59:

these are the kind of low lifes that we need to ban from all resorts and beaches

As one of those "low lifes" I'm accepted on any nude beach or resort and many clubs. My chunky PA and nipple piercings may often start a conversation with a fellow nudist. So, lets add some fun to our nudist lifestyle, not hidebound by too many rules.

This post was edited

The older I get, the lower my scrotum hangs not sure why the hell I'd want to purposely stretch my scrotum. I gotta be careful not to sit on them nowadays! :DDDDDDDOuch!!! LMSO

Yeah. I don't get that either.

This post was edited

I see there may be two aspects involved. One is about accepting others as they are. The other aspect is about choosing a thing, as piercing, for oneself. I myself see this and will accept others as they are. I still don't choose any of the things that alter my natural body. That does not change how I accept others, if they do not harm others or are a threat to others.

This post was edited

I see there may be two aspects involved. One is about accepting others as they are. The other aspect is about choosing a thing, as piercing, for oneself. I myself see this and will accept others as they are. I still don't choose any of the things that alter my natural body. That does not change how I accept others, if they do not harm others or are a threat to others.

Well said. To each their own. I personally do not get it and have no desire for such things and my wife thinks they look silly. But just because we dont get or dont want such things does not mean someone else wouldnt or shouldnt have different ideas about it and it doesnt mean we cant accept each other or even become friends.

This post was edited

Loved your response Jay!
Well after this rather looooong debate about of all things, "'Jewelry' at resorts and beaches" all sides have rendered their opinions & arguments.As nudists & for the common good of our cause, sometimes we just have to "agree to disagree'". And whatever happened to "to each his own"? As nudists/naturists we are one of the MOST misunderstood groups & often among the least tolerated. I would think that WE should be quickest to be understanding & tolerant of our fellow members.It seems that the greatest objection here is to genital jewelry: piercings, Cock Rings, etc. I happen to be one, perhaps in the minority, who has and appreciates both. And to add to the offense, I also have some rather attractive tattoos.I myself, have been discriminated against AND excluded from some nudist circles & venues because of my adornments. And I am a long time card-carrying member of the AANR! I am not saying this to whine or complain in any way but to add to the discourse. As genuine nudists, I thought we were of the "accept yourself as you are" & "we don't judge how you look" persuasion. However, unfortunately, that is NOT true for too many in our nudist community. Change is an inevitable & unavoidable part of life. If we don't change, we don't grow. If we don't grow, we die!There's nothing more I can add to this debate. It seems that Kevin & Lee have weighed in & given some of the soundest arguments. And I can't begin to match them! So in my humble opinion, that would make them the "Lords of the 'RINGS" in this debate!Jay
For the record, I personally don't have any ink or piercings. Neither do I wear any Jewelry. I only wear my wedding ring as a symbol of my love, honor and commitment to my wife. I'm just not personally into it, but that's me! Fortunately, the whole world is not like me.
We live in a time of diversity and acceptance. Whether it's the color of your skin, where you come from, what you believe or how you choose to express or adorn yourself shouldn't matter!
I'm sure we've all heard the saying "you can't judge a book by its cover" So simple and timeless! That is, unless you burn all the books!
Just play nice and respect your fellow man!
Species, not gender for you politically correct types.

This post was edited

While I agree you cant judge a book by its cover, the cover is very important. It gives you an idea of what the book is about.

Its the same with people , you cant judge them until you know them, but you get an idea of what they are like by how they present themselves.

This post was edited

While I agree you cant judge a book by its cover, the cover is very important. It gives you an idea of what the book is about.Its the same with people , you cant judge them until you know them, but you get an idea of what they are like by how they present themselves.

Excellent reply from StevieLorna. I totally agree.

This post was edited