RE:'Jewelry' at resorts and beaches

well said. I think you are right on! while stating the obvious in a much more colorful way then I could have imagined. thank you.

from my own time on TN, it seems many members are here for a place to simply exhibit themselves. it's shown in their profiles pictures, words, and their own media files. that's the payback for being a nudist, for them, is so that people will look at them.

a duck is a duck . . .

This post was edited

here is a life principle I live by: "you cannot NOT communicate".

so when someone wears (or not ) genital jewelry, they ARE communicating something to the world, about themselves, PERIOD - NO EXCEPTIONS.

the adorned think they are communicating 1 message, re the significance they have assigned to the act. that's fair.

it is equally fair to acknowledge that the viewer may assign a completely different significance.

This post was edited

hey if your at a swingers resort , hell put a sign around your neck that says " i'm horny please please go to bed with me "i have no problems with it if your that desperate and patheticBUT NOT IN A SOCIAL NUDIST RESORT ....besides it make's you look like a creep !!!!

Ditto

This post was edited

So far I have not "noticed" any genital jewelry at the places we have visited. There may have been some but not screaming "look at me". I personally don't mind jewelry or tattoos, seen a lot of those. I don't have any adornments, my wife has a few holes in her ears and wears ankle bracelets and toe rings. Our kids on the other hand are full of tattoos. I don't know about any other piercings.

My thought is that people do want to show their jewelry off. What better place to show off your piercings or body art than at a place where nudity is accepted. You go through all this trouble to get adorned and only the artist get to see the full piece. Like 20 years ago when women started wearing thong underwear and lacy bra's, they were wearing them but know one knew so they starting pulling them above their jeans and wearing tops that revealed the edged of the bra. Then the low rise jeans were all the rage so that your thong showed without having to pull them up.

When nude around others, I look in the persons face. I only see their bodies from a distance and I usually don't look down but if someone is wearing jewelry or has artwork that covers their body I will probably look but I think that is what they want.

This post was edited

My wife would say that people waling around naked screams "I want sex" as does most of the textile world. We are freaks because we as nudist go against social norms. I will admit that in my younger days, seeing a naked body was all about sex. If we are to say that we as nudist are able to see a naked woman or mans body and not believe it is a sexual thing, we should be able to accept those who chose to decorate themselves.

Calling people who chose to decorate their bodies Stupid or Perverted alienates several societies where that is the norm. Hawaiian, African, Indian cultures to name a few use, tattooing and piercings as part of society status and rituals. Unless it is genital mutilation that also happens in some of these societies as well, I don't judge them.

This post was edited

I really try not to toss those names around about or toward others unless they really deserve it. Some of those body adornments are over the top in our opinion and for our tastes but I couldn't say for certain that ALL those people deserve the name calling we read here. It's just not for us although I've stated already that I would not be against Di having one or two for me none.

I/we just wonder what the purpose is for male genital jewelry. Ball stretchers???, Cockrings?, Penislettes (bracelets that go around the head of a guys dick), Prince Alberts, multiple ring piercings on the scrotum. Just wonder what they are for? Is it increase sexual arousal or feelings?

Tats are a different story. Some or most have a meaning. We're not into tats as well but some are amazing and they tell a story about a person's life journey sometimes. Our youngest has two; a small yellow umbrella that signifies her visit with us to Club Orient and 4 small- 4 leaf clovers, 1 for herself 1 ea for her children and 1 for her Irish grandmother. Tasteful and discreet and they have meaning. Tats can also be over the top but those that have a theme are most interesting to us. Those that feel the need to tattoo guns on their bodies I'm OUT! ;D

This post was edited

To be honest the last thing I want to do is have sex with older people at nudist resorts that are twice my age.

Wait a minute! So ... you think someone wants to have sex with you??? Please rethink your objectives.

This post was edited

all genital jewelry says to me is ...look at me I'm an idiot !!!

Yes funcouple, I and most other normal nudists are of the same opinion.

This post was edited

To me shaving all your body hair off is saying look at me.So what is the difference.The kids can see your genitals better. What do the parents tell their kids

This post was edited

Guess we look at things a little differently, if someone pierces, tattoos, wears genital jewelry or whatever and it offends you, Don't Look!
Why must we always try and shame someone who does not measure up to our standards and instill our values on them?
We are there to enjoy ourselves, meet new people, and have some fun paddling around the pool.
A simple solution is "chill out & have another beer."

Bill & Sue
P.S. We are not there for sex either.

This post was edited