RE:Jock straps

I started wearing jocks for PE in grade 7. Although not a big athlete, I have worn jocks for some limited sports like skiing, swimming & skating, I much prefer the open feel for Summer wear. I have had an issue with butt crack rashes in hot & humid weather & found wearing a jock minimized my problem.

This post was edited

Had to wear the blasted thing for jr hi football, only thing worse are tighty whites! Anything I need a jock for , I no longer desire to partake. I dont like anything that wads my balls up!

This post was edited

jock straps have come a long way since wearing them in pe class many years ago, now great styles and colors . I still like the feel of the knit material covering my penis and the minimum straps on my butt wearing shorts during hot weather.

This post was edited

I usually go commando but will sometimes wear a jock strap.

This post was edited

more of these topics....... great

This post was edited

I think some people may not be aware of the casual jock strap designs that exist today. A jock worn for high school sports is really different than a modern, comfortable jock strap meant for comfort. There are a lot of different brands to try so do an internet search and check them out. I generally wear them when I want something to hold me in place and feel comfortable as well as when I work out. I don't like wearing briefs when I workout and going without isn't an option for me so a jock strap works well.

This post was edited

I have to disagree. I like my balls swinging as free as possible!

Same here.

This post was edited

If I am working out at a public gym, shorts that seem life briefs with legs seem most comfortable. When at home, I enjoy working out nude.

Loose shorts with nothing underneath at the gym, nude ar home for me.

This post was edited

I don't want the support. I want to hang loose and free and that's the way I've done it for over 50 years!
Couldn't have said it any better! (Well, maybe 46 years.)

This post was edited

Jock straps were required apparel for gym class when I was in junior high and high school. As a matter of fact, crazy as it sounds, our jr. high Phys. Ed. teacher pulled the top of his pants down on the first day to show us he wore one for work. Imagine that happening today? Never. We were required to wear them and guys wore jocks for all sports. So at that time, walking around naked in the locker room, showering together and wearing or seeing other guys in jockstraps became a kind of symbol of masculinity for me. It was my main way of practicing nudity. Even though a jock is an undergarment, it was open in the back, exposing our naked bums to each other for anyone to see. Some wore them into the showers and would then peel them down. At that time I never thought of them as restrictive. Sometimes I went commando but I usually wore boxers, occasionally briefs, and sometimes I would wear a jock strap. When I wore one under dress pants I liked the feeling of my exposed ass in the pants. Now I only wear them for workouts. Sometime in the 1980s I think jockstraps fell from the public favour. I knew athletic kids in the early 90s who had never worn a jock. I think compression shorts replaced them. Maybe it was a coincidence but that's the same decade when group showers were remodeled, barriers were put up between urinals, the group jacuzzi was removed from our locker room. I found many young men who wouldn't think of showering at the gym, preferring to go home in sweaty clothes rather than to remove clothes in a locker room. Football players, baseball, soccer, hockey, they still wear jocks but many high school kids play sports without them. Then, the weird thing is that jock straps emerged as a fashion statement. The colors, the styles, the materials all became about appearance and comfort instead of protection and support. I do still like them. I have never worn a thong nor would I ever wear one. I hate the way they look and I did try one on once and hated it and took it off immediately.

This post was edited