RE:The Great Nudist Controversy: Nudism vs sexuality!

Yep this is how the my opinion equal fact folks operate. Unable to engage a real argument the diminish reasoned argument as irrelevant and unnecessary. The only education awareness or information considered valid is That which validates my opinion. Actual history irrelevant, research and science irrelevant thoughtful judgement based on verifiable facts for multiple sources irrelevant. Name calling relevant, knowledge bashing relevant, only my perspective opinion relevant.When viewed through a historical lens all these things point to a devolution of society and how social movements die. What that means for naturism is simply is a shrinking pool of people of participating because they actually care about things like facts, reality and the perspective of others. But none of that matters my opinion equals fact folks because they arent really in it for the movement or others. The is no consideration of how their actions opinions impact the experience of others. I am right and the truth be damned, history be damned, facts be damned. I am right because I said it, it is so.

Has someone rattled your scrotum a little ? Your words are an opinion, like most of the comments on here.

This post was edited

when folks think hurling limp insults will phase I am always amazed. All it does is provide evidence of their limited capacity to engage in social discourse and reasoned dialogue.

This post was edited

FreeLee has presented us with a great OP - how about reciprocating his warmth, openness and thoughtfulness in replying respectfully with those same qualities.

Yes he has and I am grateful to him and what I'm learning from this thread. It makes me realize that in the question of being naturist vs. nudist, and how it relates to sexuality, my response is this: I prefer to avoid the isms and am happy to shed my clothes when I can. When did any ism make the world a better place? Isms are good to understand related to background/foundational motivations and principals, but in turn those ideas are often turned against the people they were meant to serve. Evangelistic Christianity did that for me, and I find the same dynamica popping up on this website. As far as sexuality, the same thing. It's meant to serve us and others to make us vital rather than striving to meet some misconstrued standards which become untenable and unrelatable. And so, my friends, I don't know much. But I do believe one little secret: it's all a gift.

This post was edited

5000 naturists on a beach, enjoying the freedom without clothes, working at getting an all over tan having the occasional nude swim in the ocean.
Reading books or magazines, chatting with friends. Enjoying the picnic they have brought and generally having a nice time.

For some itll be their first time, others will have been doing it for years even decades.

One man arrives planks down a soap box, stands on it and says. You are all doing it wrong, I know better. You should be more sexual and if you dont agree you are all hypocrites.

This post was edited

Unlike you, I take no claim to knowing better!
I chose to raise questions for constructive debate.
You once said "there is no controversy". Based on the traction of this thread I beg to differ.
Many have contributed with very intelligent dialog and opinions. You should try it some time.
I don't have the answers so I pose questions. Oh, to be as all knowing and self-righteous as you is a mere dream, or perhaps a nightmare. So, dream on Steevo!
You still fail to see the point of the whole of the conversation going on here. Hearing only what you want to hear. Looking at it through your own lens rather than having a shred of understanding of the differing viewpoints being raised.
Thinking you can close the door on a topic, shutting it down with your simpleminded retorts only encourages others to kick it wide open again.
Sometimes you need to decide whether you can contribute to the game or whether you should be content just watching from the sideline when you don't have what it takes to participate.

This post was edited

Looking through my lens with 20 years experience Im reporting what I have encountered.

Others here have said that the aim of naturism isnt and has never been sexual.

But this does not suit your personal view. You want it, need it to be sexual. Out of the two of us who is dreaming?

I know I will never change your mind so dream on. I will say no more.

This post was edited

5000 naturists on a beach, enjoying the freedom without clothes, working at getting an all over tan having the occasional nude swim in the ocean.Reading books or magazines, chatting with friends. Enjoying the picnic they have brought and generally having a nice time.For some itll be their first time, others will have been doing it for years even decades.One man arrives planks down a soap box, stands on it and says. You are all doing it wrong, I know better. You should be more sexual and if you dont agree you are all hypocrites.

What is reading fascinating about this whole thing is how much the OP and his supporters do exactly what the accuse others of but cannot acknowledge the hypocrisy and irony of their behavior. But this is where the world is today and how the demise of what they claim to support but know nothing of dies. Ignore the past because it doesnt suit my agenda is the only response. But it fits because they really arent interested in any experience but their own. Try to have a rational dialogue and the resort to name calling And in the same breath accuse others of name calling. Facts the dont matter and should you try to speak to repeating consistent facts like every time people have tried to expand nudism by making room for the sexual it has backfired But facts dont matter because they make their own facts of opinions and in the same breath tell us not to have our opinions. All that to say there is no room for actual discourse be they are only interested in conversations that affirm their perspective all while calling everyone else narrow minded. If I had the time and energy to waste I might go one but it is a complete waste of time. Good for you trying but time to put energy into livng the naturist life while it is still possible.

This post was edited

I am also grateful for StevieLorna and Homeclothesfree as examples to cllarify how I frame my values and beliefs. Like FreeLee, I'm more about living the questions than the answers.
I understand StevieLorna and Homeclothesfree that you divorce the idea of nudism from sexuality. Not being a fervent nudist, naturist or ismist in general, your dogmatic or orthodox views aren't particularly relevant to me. However, I wish to honor you as as fully sexual creatures and am curious in learning more about how you experience your sexuality both in general and in nudist settings. Do you have a self-respect for your sexual energy and ways to express it as a postitive energy rather than inappropirate behavior? Are you willing to share your insight and experience?
I'm not asking you this to put you on the spot or to make you feel uncomfortable. One reason I've gone down this TN forum rabbit hole is because it's therapy for me. I admire the authenticity of nudists/naturists. It's not a universal attribute of nudism, but the percentage is higher than in the general population. People are willing to be themselves, to be vulnerable, to talk about their sexual conflicts and journeys, becoming more grounded in the process, modeling how I can ground myself and heal from the sexual shame and repression I grew up with. It's not all about sex, nor is that left off the table. There's a harmony or balance I didn't find in my ethnic evangelical enclave of origin, which, like nudism, had it positive and negative behaviors and ways of acting out.
Following your understanding of the tenants of naturism/nudism, how do you, StevieLorna and Homeclothesfree, honor your sexuality? And how does your sexuality in turn become a gift to the nudist community today and for the future? I'm interested in your insight and hope you feel comfortable to be a bit vulnerable please. In other words, we don't need to agree to believe in one another, and it's all good.

This post was edited

Andy I had sex as a textile and I still have sex living as a naturist. Nothing changed, I didnt start making love in public. I dont live in a zoo.

This post was edited

Andy I had sex as a textile and I still have sex living as a naturist. Nothing changed, I didnt start making love in public. I dont live in a zoo.

This thread is not about whether you make love in view of others ! I see that you are taking it in the totally wrong direction as usual.

This post was edited