Only one naked in a crowd

Who has ever been the only only one naked in a crowd of people who were not? Art modeling comes to mind, but since for that, you're usually on a special platform--or at least a particular designated place, where others are not--it isn't really the same.
For myself, I have been at various artists and models parties where I have been body painted and spent the evening wearing nothing but paint. At some of them, I've been the only one. I've also volunteered at a party (at the quiet earlier request of the hostess) to be the first to strip naked to get in the hot tub, and the whole party watched me strip naked--and nobody else joined in.
I virtually lived for a week naked at Burning Man (putting on sweats only at night to sleep, because it got so cold). Yes, other people go naked at Burning Man, but it just wasn't nearly as common as some suppose, and much of the time, I was the only naked person around. But still, it just felt completely natural and ordinary.
And I've walked naked 7 miles through crowded city streets at San Francisco's annual Bay to Breakers event; I've done that 4 times, and I'm looking forward to a fifth this May. Yes, other people are naked, but if you're not actually going with other naked people, you spend much of the time uniquely naked among throngs of--more or less--dressed people. And at Bay to Breakers, it's still a little bit naughty and wild; people still take notice and run to get a picture with the "naked guy."

This topic was edited
RE: Only one naked in a crowd

I have been the only one nude in a group of dressed people a number of times. I dont like wearing clothes and dont wear them when I dont have to. If the other people want to wear clothing that is their prerogative. Does not mean I have to do the same.

I am dressed only for one of the following 3 reasons:
1 comfort and protection (like from the cold)
2 out of courtesy to those around us
3 legal ramifications if we were nude in most public areas

This post was edited
RE: Only one nude in a crowd

A number of my club's events start out clothed as many of us arrive at the same time. I'm one of the first to totally disrobe, so I guess you can say that I've been the only one nude (not naked). Over the years, I have posed a multitude of times for art classes at which I am the only one unclothed among 20 or more artists.

This post was edited
RE: Only one nude in a crowd

Cutenudistcpl, I can relate being on the beach and being the only nude person within site. Often when the tide is low during the winter months the tourist lookie loos migrate south. Many times you can hear them giggle and snicker and even pose for pictures while I am in the back ground. It is kind of funny and I just laugh at them and shake my head knowing they probably wish they could be nude. I have been hiking at the resort and have come across textile hikers and chatted for a bit forgetting that I am nude until I get that certain look over. I really do enjoy being nude around others, textiles, and look forward to opportunities when they arise.

This post was edited

I've modeled for art groups andphotographers, been nude at gallery openings, Some of my friends know I'm a nudist and don't mind my being unclothed at get togethers and parties. I've been a nude body double and have gone to an audition nude.

This post was edited

Often. Once at a Rainbow Gathering the camp/kitchen I was with had charge of feeding a circle of about a thousand people. I was dressed for the kitchen (which is to say not dressed at all) when the crew asked for help carrying food to the circle - so I ended up walking around the entire circle of folks helping to serve. Lots of smiles - just one more picturesque "Rainbow" event...

This post was edited
Re:Only one naked in a crowd

I have been the only one naked in a crowd many times. All my friends know that I am a nudist, and when they come over they know I will be nude. No big deal.The only time I dress is for the same reasons that George in WV pointed out.

This post was edited

We were at Cap D'Agde a number of years ago and were shocked that for a nudsit resort so many people were dressed all the time except at the beach. many times when we went shopping, to a restaurant, walking to the beach, we were the only ones nude.
Also I have been to nudist meetings. If I know I'll be sitting, I'll normally go topless with a pareo around my waist. many times I was the only one at the meeting topless. But I find as soon as I go nude most everyone else does too.

MC

This post was edited

years ago i took scuba lessons and one night we met at the YWCA instead of a YMCA needless to say there was only a women changing and shower room so when we went into change out of our street clothes into bathing suits we all went together male andfemale needless to say everyone but me had their bathing suit on underneath (why didn't i think of that) so i was kinda shocked and i probably shocked a few when i was nude for a minute to put on my bathing suit. after the lesson i was surprise when one couple got nude to shower the rest just showered off in their bathing suits and dried off, well being seen once i joined the other couple and was also nude in the shower.

This post was edited

I love being the only one naked sometimes. Makes me feel powerful. I don't wear clothes at home, so when friends and aquaintances come over, I am usually the only one naked.

This post was edited

This happens too often... which is why I have been coming to TrueNudists for nearly two years. I will meet someone(s) from aroud here that shares my spirit of freedom.

This post was edited