RE:Shorter Shorts

No problem with things sneaking out at inappropriate times and places?

This post was edited

Close but just on the safe side!

This post was edited

5" inseam cargo shorts arrived today. Perfect length for most activities, but may be a little too short for a few like going to church or playing in a concert.

This post was edited

I rarely wear any shorts longer than 5 but I have short legs. Guys with longer legs may not feel comfortable with that but I often wear 4 as well and nobody seems to mind. Rarely Ill wear 7 but they are less comfortable for and a little too close to my knees.

This post was edited

I rarely wear any shorts longer than 5 but I have short legs. Guys with longer legs may not feel comfortable with that but I often wear 4 as well and nobody seems to mind. Rarely Ill wear 7 but they are less comfortable for and a little too close to my knees.

I would think the length of what is between the legs is more important than the length of the legs themselves in determining the minimum wearable inseam for shorts!

This post was edited

Following from my earlier comment, I did go and buy the larger-sized basic nylon shorts. The inseam increased to 3 1/2" with this size. Still mostly manageable, but a long evening walk proved to be their vulnerability or secret weapon, depending on your point of view. As I walked the crutch seam tended to bunch up and the light weight of the fabric worked in combination with this. The fact I was wearing a little adornment didn't help as the resulting extra prominence helped the front of the leg to keep riding up to the point where I could feel the lack of coverage and where skin (and metal) were visible to me as I looked down. Nearby lights and a little traffic (vehicle and foot) had me adjusting on quite a few occasions. I think I would be much safer without adornment providing prominence and weight, but where's the fun in that? :-)

This post was edited

Luke this, Richard?

They're not anything special to look at, but in keeping with the theme of this thread, are short (2.5") and reasonably comfortable with nothing beneath. I ended up getting them in both medium and large: the medium are shorter but since they both are non-stretch the large are more roomy and comfortable all around. The biggest risk for inadvertent slippage is getting in or out of a car while regular chairs are okay with just a little care. Crouching is dangerous with nothing beneath. I've had the larger ones ride up at the front on long walks in particular conditions.

I happen to be wearing the medium ones today so some quick snaps were no problem. :-) Hopefully they stay up!

This post was edited

I have decided that as my 8 to 10 inch dress shorts wear out, I will replace them with 5 inch shorts. I do have 2 pairs of zip off cargo pants that become about 9 inch shorts that I can wear places where I would not be comfortable with the shorter ones.

This post was edited

just a thought or of memory. Whom remembers the Onionskin shorts?

This post was edited

I do. Still have a couple of pairs. Very thin, very short.

This post was edited