Shorter Shorts

Some of my gym shorts are wearing out so I ordered 2 new pair yesterday.
Since our grandson is here more and I am going less places that expect better dress, my gym shorts have seen a lot of use lately
My current supply has inseams in the 8" (20 cm) range, well above the knee but not really short.
Wanted to try something shorter so I ordered one pair with a 4" inseam and one with 5".
Will be fine at home, but don't know how it will work when I eventually get back to the gym.
One of the reviewers called them the ideal work at home uniform.
I suspect most of us would disagree and say that the ideal at home work uniform is nothing at all!

This topic was edited
RE:Shorter Shorts

Most of my shorts are just long enough so as not to see anything hanging out.

This post was edited

The gym shorts that I wear have a 2" inseam. I only wear them at the gym.

This post was edited

The gym shorts that I wear have a 2" inseam. I only wear them at the gym.

Do you wear them without underwear?

This post was edited

The gym shorts that I wear have a 2" inseam. I only wear them at the gym.Do you wear them without underwear?

They have a lining.

This post was edited

I hate the longer shorts for everyday bumming around. I have bought some cheap shorts at outlet stores and cut them off and cut out the liners. I've ordered some Nike running shorts and cut out the liners. My wife came up with the idea of finding women's pull on shorts that are cut shorter that I can wear and you wouldn't know they were women's. I wear them around home when I need to wear anything and a quick run to the store maybe.

This post was edited

I hate the longer shorts for everyday bumming around. I have bought some cheap shorts at outlet stores and cut them off and cut out the liners. I've ordered some Nike running shorts and cut out the liners. My wife came up with the idea of finding women's pull on shorts that are cut shorter that I can wear and you wouldn't know they were women's. I wear them around home when I need to wear anything and a quick run to the store maybe.

How short do you cut them?

This post was edited

Short compression tights are the way to go in the gym. Fits like a second skin and doesnt restrict movement at all. Good for running as well.

Do you ever get comments about your buldge?

This post was edited

Do you ever get comments about your buldge?No, tights are a quite common where I train. People seems to be more interested in commenting on my Five Finger shoes.My workout outfit is compression tights, compression shirt or a rash guard and five finger shoes. It has proven to work very well, packsize is very small and it is accepted in every gym I ever visited. Of course I would rather not wear clothes at all when lifting weights but finding a clothes optional gym seems to be impossible. A Shirt optional-policy is not uncommon in CrossFit boxes and climbing gyms.

You could reduce your workout clothing slightly by wearing a minimal string tank. I often do.
Ever tried it?

This post was edited

How short do you cut them?

I have various lengths. Some are too short to go out to a store but ok for around the house. Usually they are just long enough to keep from falling out of.

This post was edited

I don't use a gym but these are typical of the shorts which I wear generally in public including shopping and on public transport.

This post was edited