RE:Shorter Shorts

Showing a lot of wear isn't enough of a reason to begin getting drastic with a well-worn friend like a pair of favored jeans. I say wear them until there ARE holes and then begin to consider what to do. Jeans, especially Levis, are awfully expensive to begin considering taking a pair of scissors to when there's still life in them. It could be called cheap but I prefer the term frugal. I know - I'm a nudist making my clothing item into a trusted friend. I've got jeans so old and re-sown and safety-pinned that they need a PG13 rating when I wear them out shopping! Levis aren't as bad as some makers, but how come the first seams to blow out are always at the crotch??Look at all the young kids paying big money for brand-spanking new jeans that've been mechanically-shredded to look worn out, with holes in places that make little or no sense, and knees so frayed that it make the wearer look like they really spend an inordinate amount of time on their knees - doing what I can only fantasize about....It's Sunday - maybe they're holy enough to wear to Church?!?! But not to our church - clothing is purely optional. You're always a little closer to God with nothing on.

Good thoughts. Maybe I will try to get one more winter out of them. I never wear jeans in May though September and only wear long pants where they are required. Always wear shorts to church in those months.
I generally buy Wranglers. Cost less than Levi's, last longer and more comfortable.

This post was edited

Showing a lot of wear isn't enough of a reason to begin getting drastic with a well-worn friend like a pair of favored jeans. I say wear them until there ARE holes and then begin to consider what to do. Jeans, especially Levis, are awfully expensive to begin considering taking a pair of scissors to when there's still life in them. It could be called cheap but I prefer the term frugal. I know - I'm a nudist making my clothing item into a trusted friend. I've got jeans so old and re-sown and safety-pinned that they need a PG13 rating when I wear them out shopping! Levis aren't as bad as some makers, but how come the first seams to blow out are always at the crotch??Look at all the young kids paying big money for brand-spanking new jeans that've been mechanically-shredded to look worn out, with holes in places that make little or no sense, and knees so frayed that it make the wearer look like they really spend an inordinate amount of time on their knees - doing what I can only fantasize about....It's Sunday - maybe they're holy enough to wear to Church?!?! But not to our church - clothing is purely optional. You're always a little closer to God with nothing on.

Somewhat off topic, but I often do private devotional practice at home nude, and watched church services nude when churches were closed during covid. Never been to an in person serive nude, Maybe I should add that to my bucket list, but the nearest one I know of is 6 hours away.
On the subject of how to dress for church, I have been a catholic all my life and the expected dress for church has gotten a lot more casual over the years. When we first moved here, my wife went to a conservative Baptist church and she would make negative comments about how casually I dressed for church. About 10 years, she switched to Calvary Chapel, which was founded by Christian hippies in California in the 60s.
I haven't changed how I dress for church, but now I can make negative comments about how casual people dress at her church!

This post was edited

It does get funny in people's minds when religion comes into the story, how many will get themselves dressed up, or many may still put on more formal clothing for a weekly church service at a nude resort.
I do dress a little better for church than other places. Collared shirt year round, dress shorts in summer, casual slacks in winter. However, if I ever went to a clothing optional service, my choice would be nude.

This post was edited

It does get funny in people's minds when religion comes into the story, how many will get themselves dressed up, or many may still put on more formal clothing for a weekly church service at a nude resort. Except for certain events like open house weekend or when the general public is invited in, for example a car show, the only places where clothes are permitted (besides for new folks assessing the place) are at our open pavilion or inside the chapel. Naked is so natural and gets a person a little closer to God - now wearing clothes in church seems so silly to me, unless there's a weather condition that prevents or interrupts it. Speaking of which, our heater/ac unit in the chapel is in need of replacement, so be prepared until we get the new unit in place, hopefully in the next two weeks.

I thought I read somewhere that the minister conducts the service nude at the chapel of your resort?
Is that true?
If so, why would anyone in the congregation feel uncomfortable nude, other than if it is too cool.

This post was edited

Except for certain events like open house weekend or when the general public is invited in, for example a car show, the only places where clothes are permitted (besides for new folks assessing the place) are at our open pavilion or inside the chapel.

Then nudity is required at the indoor restaurant? I have read elsewhere that at many clothing optional resorts, most people dress when going to the indoor restaurant.

This post was edited

I have read elsewhere that at many clothing optional resorts, most people dress when going to the indoor restaurant.

That used to be a real problem at Cypress Cove at their main restaurant (Lakeside). So much so that they resorted to bribing diners with a free glass of house wine on Thursday nights if you dined nude. We always flew in on Thursday and always got that free glass of wine! The Lakeside shut down for Covid and has just reopened on a limited schedule so that offer is probably not available anymore. Their primary indoor food location now is the bar by the pools (Cheeks) and it is a lot less formal so dining nude is pretty common.

This post was edited

I have read elsewhere that at many clothing optional resorts, most people dress when going to the indoor restaurant.That used to be a real problem at Cypress Cove at their main restaurant (Lakeside). So much so that they resorted to bribing diners with a free glass of house wine on Thursday nights if you dined nude. We always flew in on Thursday and always got that free glass of wine! The Lakeside shut down for Covid and has just reopened on a limited schedule so that offer is probably not available anymore. Their primary indoor food location now is the bar by the pools (Cheeks) and it is a lot less formal so dining nude is pretty common.

Were you always nude at Lakeside or only on Thursday nights?

This post was edited

I have read elsewhere that at many clothing optional resorts, most people dress when going to the indoor restaurant.That used to be a real problem at Cypress Cove at their main restaurant (Lakeside). So much so that they resorted to bribing diners with a free glass of house wine on Thursday nights if you dined nude. We always flew in on Thursday and always got that free glass of wine! The Lakeside shut down for Covid and has just reopened on a limited schedule so that offer is probably not available anymore. Their primary indoor food location now is the bar by the pools (Cheeks) and it is a lot less formal so dining nude is pretty common.Were you always nude at Lakeside or only on Thursday nights?

I am always nude at Cypress Cove, period! I've always been nude at the Lakeside, even on non-Thursdays. It got a lot better over the years to the point that the majority were nude on any night. I'll be interested to see what happens if/when they fully reopen. When we last went in January the Lakeside still wasn't open for more than drinks so we just ate at Cheeks or food we got at the grocery store.

This post was edited

That's one of the things on my nude to do list. Go to a clothing optional resort with just the clothing I am wearing to get there. Take everything off when I arrive, lock it in the car and leave it there until I am ready to leave a few days later.

This post was edited

I have read elsewhere that at many clothing optional resorts, most people dress when going to the indoor restaurant.That used to be a real problem at Cypress Cove at their main restaurant (Lakeside). So much so that they resorted to bribing diners with a free glass of house wine on Thursday nights if you dined nude. We always flew in on Thursday and always got that free glass of wine! The Lakeside shut down for Covid and has just reopened on a limited schedule so that offer is probably not available anymore. Their primary indoor food location now is the bar by the pools (Cheeks) and it is a lot less formal so dining nude is pretty common.Were you always nude at Lakeside or only on Thursday nights?I am always nude at Cypress Cove, period! I've always been nude at the Lakeside, even on non-Thursdays. It got a lot better over the years to the point that the majority were nude on any night. I'll be interested to see what happens if/when they fully reopen. When we last went in January the Lakeside still wasn't open for more than drinks so we just ate at Cheeks or food we got at the grocery store.

Were you comfortably warm nude in the evening in January?

This post was edited