RE:Shorter Shorts

I must be lucky, my grandsons instigate skinny dipping and are the first ones naked. Oops, don't tell their mother!

This post was edited

I have read elsewhere that at many clothing optional resorts, most people dress when going to the indoor restaurant.That used to be a real problem at Cypress Cove at their main restaurant (Lakeside). So much so that they resorted to bribing diners with a free glass of house wine on Thursday nights if you dined nude. We always flew in on Thursday and always got that free glass of wine! The Lakeside shut down for Covid and has just reopened on a limited schedule so that offer is probably not available anymore. Their primary indoor food location now is the bar by the pools (Cheeks) and it is a lot less formal so dining nude is pretty common.Were you always nude at Lakeside or only on Thursday nights?I am always nude at Cypress Cove, period! I've always been nude at the Lakeside, even on non-Thursdays. It got a lot better over the years to the point that the majority were nude on any night. I'll be interested to see what happens if/when they fully reopen. When we last went in January the Lakeside still wasn't open for more than drinks so we just ate at Cheeks or food we got at the grocery store.Were you comfortably warm nude in the evening in January?

It was only in the low-mid 60s (F) during the day and dropped into the 50s at night, so I wore a sweatshirt to walk from our room over to Cheeks and we didnt spend any time outside at the pool after dark. Of course it was in the 80s right before and right after we were there, so we just hit a cool weekend. It was still warmer than New England, but not that much New England was in a warm spell that same weekend and in the upper 50s during the day. The sun made it warm enough for our nude walks around the streets during the day, but I dont think we went in the pool at all.

This post was edited

I have read elsewhere that at many clothing optional resorts, most people dress when going to the indoor restaurant.That used to be a real problem at Cypress Cove at their main restaurant (Lakeside). So much so that they resorted to bribing diners with a free glass of house wine on Thursday nights if you dined nude. We always flew in on Thursday and always got that free glass of wine! The Lakeside shut down for Covid and has just reopened on a limited schedule so that offer is probably not available anymore. Their primary indoor food location now is the bar by the pools (Cheeks) and it is a lot less formal so dining nude is pretty common.Were you always nude at Lakeside or only on Thursday nights?I am always nude at Cypress Cove, period! I've always been nude at the Lakeside, even on non-Thursdays. It got a lot better over the years to the point that the majority were nude on any night. I'll be interested to see what happens if/when they fully reopen. When we last went in January the Lakeside still wasn't open for more than drinks so we just ate at Cheeks or food we got at the grocery store.Were you comfortably warm nude in the evening in January?It was only in the low-mid 60s (F) during the day and dropped into the 50s at night, so I wore a sweatshirt to walk from our room over to Cheeks and we didnt spend any time outside at the pool after dark. Of course it was in the 80s right before and right after we were there, so we just hit a cool weekend. It was still warmer than New England, but not that much New England was in a warm spell that same weekend and in the upper 50s during the day. The sun made it warm enough for our nude walks around the streets during the day, but I dont think we went in the pool at all.

Were you wearing just a sweatshirt for the walk?
If so wasn't your lower body cold?
I am OK In shorts and a sweatshirt at that temperature, but need it warmer to be naked below the waist?

This post was edited

Were you wearing just a sweatshirt for the walk?If so wasn't your lower body cold?I am OK In shorts and a sweatshirt at that temperature, but need it warmer to be naked below the waist?

I had my towel to wrap around me, but it is a fairly short walk from Cheeks to the villas.

This post was edited

I routinely wear shorter shorts and some are slightly sheer or mesh, when I do any yard work out front. When out in public, I wear slightly longer shorts. None of my shorts have liners in them and if they came with them, I, or my wife, remove them.

If we have to visit a textile beach, I wear shorter Tan Thru swim shorts. I dislike longer shorts of any kind but for obvious reasons, not having a liner and not wearing underwear with shorter shorts can cause an issue. ;D

When it's cooler, I can easily be comfortable with a long sleeve t shirt on or a sweatshirt and nothing else. I've "donald ducked" quite often at clubs, resorts and nude beaches and been quite comfortable when it's too cold to be completely naked. As long as your core is warm, you'd be surprised how cold it can be and you'd still be comfortable being bottomless. Just don't sit on a metal chair without a towel!

This post was edited

The one pair of 8" shorts that I kept for situations where I could wear shorts but 5" seemed a little too short wore out.
Replaced them with another 5" pair.
If anyone thinks they are too short, it's their problem

This post was edited

Went to a baseball game in person yesterday.
Wore a long sleeveless shirt and my shortest (4") shorts.
Someone probably would have to look carefully to notice the shorts at all!

This post was edited

The one pair of 8" shorts that I kept for situations where I could wear shorts but 5" seemed a little too short wore out.Replaced them with another 5" pair.If anyone thinks they are too short, it's their problem

Now that I am wearing only 5" shorts, I guess when I need to replace any, it will be time to move down again.
3" gym shorts and 4" dress shorts sound good.

This post was edited

Showing a lot of wear isn't enough of a reason to begin getting drastic with a well-worn friend like a pair of favored jeans. I say wear them until there ARE holes and then begin to consider what to do. Jeans, especially Levis, are awfully expensive to begin considering taking a pair of scissors to when there's still life in them. It could be called cheap but I prefer the term frugal. I know - I'm a nudist making my clothing item into a trusted friend. I've got jeans so old and re-sown and safety-pinned that they need a PG13 rating when I wear them out shopping! Levis aren't as bad as some makers, but how come the first seams to blow out are always at the crotch??Look at all the young kids paying big money for brand-spanking new jeans that've been mechanically-shredded to look worn out, with holes in places that make little or no sense, and knees so frayed that it make the wearer look like they really spend an inordinate amount of time on their knees - doing what I can only fantasize about....It's Sunday - maybe they're holy enough to wear to Church?!?! But not to our church - clothing is purely optional. You're always a little closer to God with nothing on.Good thoughts. Maybe I will try to get one more winter out of them. I never wear jeans in May though September and only wear long pants where they are required. Always wear shorts to church in those months.I generally buy Wranglers. Cost less than Levi's, last longer and more comfortable.

Both pair of jeans have developed holes over the winter. They will go when the weather is reliably warm and not replaced before fall.

This post was edited

The one pair of 8" shorts that I kept for situations where I could wear shorts but 5" seemed a little too short wore out.Replaced them with another 5" pair.If anyone thinks they are too short, it's their problemNow that I am wearing only 5" shorts, I guess when I need to replace any, it will be time to move down again.3" gym shorts and 4" dress shorts sound good.

One pair of gym shorts ripped on vacation. They will be replaced with 3" gym shorts when I get home. If I am comfortable wearing them, the rest of my gym shorts will be replaced or cut shortly thereafter.

This post was edited