RE:Taking clothes off

In summer months I dress and undress in the garage so I enter and leave the home naked. Its really neat to lock the house with no clothes on as you are leaving. We have keyless entry so I simply lock the door on the way out with nothing in hand. It feels awesome and free.Recently my wife decided to clean out the closets. At fist I was nervous she might donate too much to charity, then I relaxed and just let her clean the closets out without interference. I can't say I miss anything and having fewer clothes is fine by me. We got rid of 4-5 large plastic trash bags of clothes we donated.As I noted elsewhere, if our garage had enough room to put a car in it I would do the same.If she donated that much, how much do you have left? Do you have a lot of empty closet and drawer space now?Now that I am retired, I have donated and tossed so much clothing that if my wife got rid of 2 large trash bags of my clothing, I would have nothing left to wear!

Your comments on dressing in the car, donating clothing and having extra space made me think of two men on other boards. One got rid of all the clothing he no longer needed and found he had so little left that he put it in the laundry room (next to the garage and back door) and stopped ever wearing anything in the house proper. He then got rid of his dresser and took out his closet to make room for other things. The other one was designing a small retirement home that would have no closets or dressers because all the clothing he was planning to keep when he retired would fit in one storage bin.
Not saying you would go to these extremes, but it does sound interesting.

This post was edited

I rarely wear anything more than a t-shirt and shorts. Since I only wear these when I out shopping, running errands, or going to appointment, they don't need to be washed after each wearing. The sit on the corner of the kitchen counter.

And just to be clear, that's all I wear is a t-shirt and short. I don't even own underpants. I don't wear shoes and socks at all.

So, when I walk through the door, they are on the kitchen counter.

This post was edited

I don't own underwear either but I do wear footwear.
In warm weather, the shirt comes off as soon as I leave the place that required it and the footwear is off when I get to the car.
There is only the shorts left to take off when I get home.

This post was edited

If I ever get the garage cleaned out to the point where I can get my car in it, I may just leave a pair of shorts, sandals and a t shirt in the car and enter and leave the house proper nude!

This post was edited

I rarely wear anything more than a t-shirt and shorts. Since I only wear these when I out shopping, running errands, or going to appointment, they don't need to be washed after each wearing. The sit on the corner of the kitchen counter.And just to be clear, that's all I wear is a t-shirt and short. I don't even own underpants. I don't wear shoes and socks at all.So, when I walk through the door, they are on the kitchen counter.

Since you are usually nude and wear the minimum when you have to wear anything, do you have relatively little clothing?

This post was edited

Since you are usually nude and wear the minimum when you have to wear anything, do you have relatively little clothing?I don't have a lot of clothing, but I certainly have more than I need. It's a hold over from having to go to work.

This post was edited

If I am home or at our 2nd home it is sands clothing. I have many clothes also from my working life. Now that I am retired I should probably free up some closet space at both homes. At our main residence we are somewhat secluded so I can at times weather permitting go outside nude. My wife keeps telling me to keep the one set of blinds closed as we ae on a hill and our neighbor two hundred yards away can see in. I tell her so....

This post was edited

It varies.
If it's cool out already, I'll either wear shorts or pants accordingly. Bit if it's warm enough and we don't have anyone around, off come the clothes. Sometimes I'll go with a T-shirt only, but am usually comfortable with nothing but my wedding ring and maybe flip-flops. I slip on a swim suit (without liner) and t-shirt when I need to cover up or run a quick errand.
But if we're out and I am fully clothed, I don't feel compelled to strip down immediately. If it's warm, I'll definitely at least dress more casually. And if it's comfortable enough and we don't expect anyone to show up (like this upcoming weekend), I'll go as long as I can without putting anything on.

This post was edited

If I am home or at our 2nd home it is sands clothing. I have many clothes also from my working life. Now that I am retired I should probably free up some closet space at both homes. At our main residence we are somewhat secluded so I can at times weather permitting go outside nude. My wife keeps telling me to keep the one set of blinds closed as we ae on a hill and our neighbor two hundred yards away can see in. I tell her so....

I would encourage you to reduce your clothing supply. Whenever I get rid of clothing I feel liberated.
Since I retired I have given away all of my suits, most of my dress shirts and at least half of my " business casual" attire. I have also thrown out all of my underwear. I got a privacy fence around my pool about the same time so I have also gotten rid of most of my swimwear. During Covid, I started exercising in my basement instead of the gym and tossed half of my gym shorts and sleeveless shirts. I now have well less than half as much clothing as I did when I was working. If our grandson didn't spend so much time here, or we lived somewhere with a warmer climate, I could get rid of a little more.
Two tricks I found to getting rid of clothing. 1. Do it nude, but since you are often nude at home, that would probably happen anyway. 2. Take everything out of your drawers and closets first, That way it is more effort to put something back than in the trash bag or donation box.

This post was edited

So, thinking about going through my clothing and giving most of it to a thrift store.

I have an essentially new pair of Levi's 501s that I only wear if I need to be dressed up -- seriously, that's as dressed up as I get. Keep in mind that I don't wear shoes at all. I also have an essentially new t-shirt that also only gets worn if I need to be dressed up. Yup, you got it. Dressed up for me is a new t-shirt and new jeans -- without shoes or socks. I have worn that to a fancy dress up banquet in which all of the other men were in suits and ties. Only one person made any comment about it and that was a lady who was offering to buy shoes for me -- she thought I was too poor to afford them.

I do need some clothing for when I go visit my children. I take the "dress up" t-shirt and jeans and then sweatpants and t-shirts.

I can't remember the last time I wore either of my suits, dress shirts, business casual pants and shirts, neckties, or dress shoes. It's been eight months since the last time I wore shoes at all.

It really is time to go though through my clothing and get rid of most of it.

When I go to the clothing-optional resort, I like to joke about not having enough suitcases to pack all of the clothing I need while I'm there. I drive there nude, I'm nude the entire time I'm there, and I drive home nude.

This post was edited