RE:Taking clothes off

So, thinking about going through my clothing and giving most of it to a thrift store.I have an essentially new pair of Levi's 501s that I only wear if I need to be dressed up -- seriously, that's as dressed up as I get. Keep in mind that I don't wear shoes at all. I also have an essentially new t-shirt that also only gets worn if I need to be dressed up. Yup, you got it. Dressed up for me is a new t-shirt and new jeans -- without shoes or socks. I have worn that to a fancy dress up banquet in which all of the other men were in suits and ties. Only one person made any comment about it and that was a lady who was offering to buy shoes for me -- she thought I was too poor to afford them.I do need some clothing for when I go visit my children. I take the "dress up" t-shirt and jeans and then sweatpants and t-shirts.I can't remember the last time I wore either of my suits, dress shirts, business casual pants and shirts, neckties, or dress shoes. It's been eight months since the last time I wore shoes at all.It really is time to go though through my clothing and get rid of most of it.When I go to the clothing-optional resort, I like to joke about not having enough suitcases to pack all of the clothing I need while I'm there. I drive there nude, I'm nude the entire time I'm there, and I drive home nude.

How little clothing do you think you would need.
I have three examples from other boards of men who have or are planning to live with the absolute minimum. One got rid of all the clothing he no longer needed and found he had so little left that he put it in the laundry room (next to the garage and back door) and stopped ever wearing anything in the house proper. He then got rid of his dresser and took out his closet to make room for other things. He later moved to the Canary Islands got rid of all but one pair each of jeans and shorts, essentially lived nude and only wore a wrap or kilt on the rare occasions he had to wear anything. Another one was designing a small retirement home that would have no closets or dressers because all the clothing he was planning to keep when he retired would fit in one storage bin. The third was planning the ultimate, stocking up on necessities then donating or destroying all of his clothes when he retired, staying clothing free as long as he could, and then just ordering the minimal amount as the need arose.

This post was edited

So, thinking about going through my clothing and giving most of it to a thrift store.I have an essentially new pair of Levi's 501s that I only wear if I need to be dressed up -- seriously, that's as dressed up as I get. Keep in mind that I don't wear shoes at all. I also have an essentially new t-shirt that also only gets worn if I need to be dressed up. Yup, you got it. Dressed up for me is a new t-shirt and new jeans -- without shoes or socks. I have worn that to a fancy dress up banquet in which all of the other men were in suits and ties. Only one person made any comment about it and that was a lady who was offering to buy shoes for me -- she thought I was too poor to afford them.I do need some clothing for when I go visit my children. I take the "dress up" t-shirt and jeans and then sweatpants and t-shirts.I can't remember the last time I wore either of my suits, dress shirts, business casual pants and shirts, neckties, or dress shoes. It's been eight months since the last time I wore shoes at all.It really is time to go though through my clothing and get rid of most of it.When I go to the clothing-optional resort, I like to joke about not having enough suitcases to pack all of the clothing I need while I'm there. I drive there nude, I'm nude the entire time I'm there, and I drive home nude.
Do you take any clothes with you?
If not you should post on the " Traveling Light" thread.

This post was edited

Im with you on not stripping as soon as you walk in the door. Ive usually have a few errands to do or possibly chores around the house. I cant do them all nude so practicality dictates I remain clothed for a while before my shower. Even after my shower...its still clothes as needed and nude thereafter.

This post was edited

Update on clothing.

Took essentially everything to the thrift store. What I have left:

Four Levi's 501s (one is the essentially brand-new pair I wear when I need to be dressed up)
Four t-shirts (again, one is the essentially brand-new shirt I wear when I need to be dressed up)
Two business casual shirts and pants (my guess is, I'll never wear these -- but it seems prudent to keep something along those lines)
Several shorts and sweat pants (something to wear when I visit my children)
Hoodie
Jacket
Trench coat

I got rid of all of my shoes except for:
a pair of work books for when I'm working out among the blackberries and other thorny trees and plants
a pair of athletic shoes I keep in the car -- just in case.

This post was edited

Update on clothing.Took essentially everything to the thrift store. What I have left:Four Levi's 501s (one is the essentially brand-new pair I wear when I need to be dressed up)Four t-shirts (again, one is the essentially brand-new shirt I wear when I need to be dressed up)Two business casual shirts and pants (my guess is, I'll never wear these -- but it seems prudent to keep something along those lines)Several shorts and sweat pants (something to wear when I visit my children)HoodieJacketTrench coatI got rid of all of my shoes except for:a pair of work books for when I'm working out among the blackberries and other thorny trees and plantsa pair of athletic shoes I keep in the car -- just in case.
Only 6 shits all together?
That is one of the lowest I have seen.
Do you wear jeans for errands in warm weather? I would have expected you to wear shorts.
You definitely should post in " Clothing countdown."

This post was edited

If I am home or at our 2nd home it is sands clothing. I have many clothes also from my working life. Now that I am retired I should probably free up some closet space at both homes. At our main residence we are somewhat secluded so I can at times weather permitting go outside nude. My wife keeps telling me to keep the one set of blinds closed as we ae on a hill and our neighbor two hundred yards away can see in. I tell her so....

Does this inspire you to do the same?

This post was edited

The only time I wear jeans is when I need to be "dressed up" and I have my essential new pair for that. I kept the others -- just in case.

This post was edited

I did keep a big stack of Levi's 510s because I thought I may be able to sell them.

And I have a big box of old t-shirts to use a rags.

This post was edited

The only clothing I've worn in quite a while is some very over-sized basketball shorts with the liner cut out and a t-shirt.

This post was edited

The only clothing I've worn in quite a while is some very over-sized basketball shorts with the liner cut out and a t-shirt.

Over the winter?

This post was edited